Profile for Rhea Sharma > Reviews

Cook to Jhoom!
Cook to Jhoom!
by Cheeku Bhasin

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy AND very tasty Indian food!, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Cook to Jhoom! (Paperback)
Love this little book - they say most people only cook 5 recipes out of a cookbook but I must have made almost every one. I've been looking so long for a collection of healthy, modern, Indian recipes that don't compromise on taste and this book is it. From fusion recipes like the Curried Couscous Salad, the Lentil and Baby Spinach Salad, the Corn, Coconut and Red Pepper Soup and classics like Chicken Masala, Gujarati Potato Curry and Prawn Curry Madras and gorgeous deserts like Honey Cardamom Fruit Yogurt and Grilled Scented Pineapple - this book has it all. I use it ALL the time. Thank you Cheeku, and I love your blog too!

Plenty
Plenty
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottolenghi has done it again - thank you, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Plenty (Hardcover)
I pre-ordered this book and was very excited to receive it, being the vegetarian food geek that I am. I thought I would start out by bookmarking just a few recipes - but ended up marking almost the entire book - I just want to cook everything! I have already made some of the recipes, which I collected from the New Vegetarian column in the Guardian. The black pepper tofu, the mee goreng, the multi-vegetable paella, the quesadillas and the winter couscous - all extremely tasty!
My perserved lemons are ready to use for the summer (thanks to an excellent recipe from the first Ottolenghi book). I plan to make at least 2 recipes from the new book each weekend! I cannot wait to make the caramelised garlic tart, the green pancakes with lime butter and every single one of the aubergine dishes.
Thank you Ottolenghi - you're a real inspiration and your food is delightful!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2010 3:04 PM GMT

AeroBed Classic Double (Old Version)
AeroBed Classic Double (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sleep, 14 July 2009
I've slept on this bed a few times, when we have visitors. Apart from the ease with which it inflates, deflates and packs away, it is extremely comfortable to sleep on - it feels like I am sleeping on a very good mattress - a very very good sleep indeed! Highly recommended!

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way., 21 May 2009
I bought this book after becoming a fan of The New Vegetarian Column in the Guardian magazine.

So far, I have made the Kosheri, the Macadamia Caramel cheesecake and some of the salads - they have all turned out perfect.

The food is simple but so full of flavour. Yes, some of the ingredients might be difficult to get a hold of, but Ottolenghi does offer helpful substitutions - or you can use your imagination.Pomegranate Molasses are available at Sainsburys and almost all the other ingredients like sumac and preserved lemons are available online.

I cannot recommend this book enough for imaginative and very tasty recipes that work like a charm!