Profile for Ron D > Reviews

Content by Ron D

Ron D

Page: 1 | 2
Metallic Mini Minder Key-ring Personal Rape Security Attack Alarm 140dB - Police Approved - Blue (Also available in Green, Silver & Purple)
Offered by EposGear

5.0 out of 5 stars Check Batteries, 17 May 2014
As others have found: It did not work first time. I had a spare battery so changed one and it worked: ear-splitting loud.
I decided to check the battery I had taken out and it was fine. So it was just a loose connection of some kind.
So at this price it can keep 5 stars. It's plastic but it looks good.

Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Black Digital Halogen Oven Cooker With Hinged Lid + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres), Cake/Rice Dish, Toast Rack, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, High And Low Racks 1400 Watts
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cooker, 13 May 2014
This is the one to get. It comes with a free spare halogen bulb you can easily change yourself if needed.
Do not buy one without this feature.
I never use the gas oven at all anymore (what a waste of energy).
This and my induction hob are all I need.
I was apprehensive I would find working out cooking times difficult; not so.
Just using the guides on food packages alone you soon get a feel for what works best.
And cleaning it couldn't be simpler.

Asec Bump Key. Will bump 5 & 6 Pin Locks
Asec Bump Key. Will bump 5 & 6 Pin Locks
Offered by UB Keys

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked, 13 May 2014
Wanted to show friends their doors are not secure. After filing the first point down a bit I got this to work on a 5 lever Eurolock.
I could open it in 3 seconds most tries. It would not open a friends 6 lever lock.
Then I saw the key was a bit bent; then it broke. It really is soft cheap metal. However as the only one I have succeeded with I have ordered another and hope to file this contour onto a stronger key.

16 LED SMD 3528 Solar Power Motion Induction Sensor Lamp Outdoor Garden Path Wall Light
Offered by A FOR LIFE

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, 26 July 2013
Warning: When they worked (see below) they were great, but after a few months mine no longer work at all,
making them not cost effective to say the least.

I bought these for outside my doors, but so far have only used them indoors. I leave one facing the stairs and one in the bathroom for night-time. I hardly ever use mains electricity these days. They go anywhere and I charge them in the window during the day.
At night they are permanently lit like a night-light and shine very bright when you walk into their wide PIR area.
Since they dim when no-one is there the charge last a very long time. I love them, especially at this decent price.

TRIXES USB CRYSTAL 3 Fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, Notebook, Xbox
TRIXES USB CRYSTAL 3 Fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, Notebook, Xbox
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty.......useless, 26 July 2013
After watching You-tube demos of well known expensive coolers not cooling much, I still tried this since it is cheap and has good reviews. (Why?) The one star is compulsory so I accept it because the product is pretty. Maybe it has some uses somewhere, but for my laptop it is useless as a cooler. My laptop fans work fine even in hot weather, apart from some games. The real solution for laptops will only come through new designs to cope with high power processors; maybe the award winning Iceotope technology will be applied soon. [...]

d.light S250 Solar LED Lantern
d.light S250 Solar LED Lantern

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright idea, 25 Feb 2013
d light S250 is the most expensive of these lamps but is very useful. Apart from being a very bright lamp on high setting it serves as an extension of the other d lights in this range. The S10 lantern is very good but in winter is hard to fully charge. The separate solar panel with the S250 is superior to those built into the lamps and it will also plug into the other 2 lamps in this range. So even in dull weather when those lamps fail to charge you can plug them into this S250 panel and it will charge them also. I also use one of the supplied connectors to charge my Kindle from this lamp. If I could buy this solar panel separately I would certainly buy more.

Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal tablets 100 pack
Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal tablets 100 pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful?, 3 Feb 2013
I had stomach problems recently and tried these as they are cheaper than Rennies etc. They may have helped when I needed to be sick and brought up the acid. I was not sick again. However as help for digestion problems i am not sure even though that chap on TV said it was what soldiers use in the field.. But as this is what doctors use in poisoning emergencies, it may be worth having in case you think you have toxins in your stomach. I cannot comment on other conditions I am am unfamiliar with. This kind of charcoal is also safe to use. It poses no risk of cancer.

d.light S10 Solar LED Lantern
d.light S10 Solar LED Lantern

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy lantern, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: d.light S10 Solar LED Lantern
A well built and useful lamp. This is a good lamp for lighting spaces. Hanging it higher up will light a larger area. As with all these lamps, apart from the one with the separate solar panel, which I have not yet tested, there is not enough sunlight in winter to fully recharge it. These lamps are made originally to send to Africa where they do a great deal of good. I have not taken a star off for this as I still love the lamp. It will have different uses for different users. For instance, left in a window near the back door it will always be ready to take out to the shed or garage and you may never need to buy batteries again.

d.light S1 Solar LED Lantern
d.light S1 Solar LED Lantern

5.0 out of 5 stars Design appeal, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: d.light S1 Solar LED Lantern
I am upgrading this lamp from 4 to the 5 stars it deserves. I have ordered 2 more as I have just been using it and find I love the idea of free energy. It works as a background light when watching TV, saving electricity; not much, but it feels good psychologically. If you have more than one you can swap them if one fades.
Original 4 star review:
I like the design of this lamp. It is well made and it comes fully charged from the factory. Mine shone brightly for five hours continuously so I was delighted. However when it comes to recharging with sunlight, we simply do not have enough of it in winter here. I hope longer days will see an improvement, but that does not mean it is not a good lamp. It depends how you wish to use it.

Sealey RS131 12V 900A Emergency Power Pack
Sealey RS131 12V 900A Emergency Power Pack
Offered by Cheap Bargain Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 3 Feb 2013
I would have used this power-pack by now as I left my Volvo idle for four weeks this winter. That is enough to flatten my battery, but this time I installed a 1.4W solar charger as shown in my other review and my car started first time. Still I can say I am delighted with this purchase even without using it. It looks strong and no doubt all the good reviews back up its claim to work well. I could not find it for less than this seller's price: Cheap Bargain Tools. It has the isolator switch on the side for safety. You can plug in 12 volt accessories and it has a light too. I have never used a compressor so don't miss it. At 10x11 inches it is easy to carry in the car. I may never need to remove my car battery again. Make sure to read the instructions which are very clear.

Page: 1 | 2