Profile for frankie5angels > Reviews

frankie5angels (London England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy cotton t shirt, 8 Oct. 2013
Ordered this t shirt by mistake. Always order the ultra cotton, they are much better comfort and value. This one will be worn as a tee under a shirt so no point returning it. Remember the ultra cotton t shirts are great. Excellent service once again.

Last Climb: The Legendary Everest Expeditions of George Mallory
Last Climb: The Legendary Everest Expeditions of George Mallory
by David Breashears

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Climb, 8 Oct. 2013
A wonderfully presented book. The story is fascinating and tragic. The photographs are exquisite. If you purchase one book on the quest / folly of Everest, buy this one. I highly recommend it.

Peter Pan and Wendy (Templar Classics) (Templar Classics: Ingpen)
Peter Pan and Wendy (Templar Classics) (Templar Classics: Ingpen)
by J.M. Barrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Pan, 8 Oct. 2013
What more can I say other than anyone who fails to like this book belongs to the e book generation. I loved it as a child and love it now. Beautifully presented. Highly recommended.

Scott of the Antarctic: The Definitive Biography
Scott of the Antarctic: The Definitive Biography
by David Crane

3.0 out of 5 stars Scott, 8 Oct. 2013
This book should have been a rip roaring adventure. Instead it is written in a style that makes it stutter along, where the book becomes more important than the story it tells. The use of repetition by Mr. Crane becomes tedious even in the first few pages and the style never changes. I struggled to enjoy a story I was really looking forward to. It improves after the first couple of chapters and is very well researched and very well told, so I guess it's just the writing style I didn't like.

The Secret History of Georgian London: How the Wages of Sin Shaped the Capital
The Secret History of Georgian London: How the Wages of Sin Shaped the Capital
by Dan Cruickshank

3.0 out of 5 stars Georgian London, 8 Oct. 2013
As amusing and witty as this book is, I have to admit I was looking for a change of pace about half way through. I enjoyed it, but not a book I would read again.

Napoleon and Wellington
Napoleon and Wellington
by Andrew Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Napoleon and Wellington, 8 Oct. 2013
Having already read biographies of both Napoleon and Wellington I wasn't too sure what to expect from this book. I was pleasantly surprised. Mr. Roberts has added to my knowledge and understanding of both men. Yes, there are assumptions made, but he takes us to both sides of the argument and I found it very fair to both of them. The book races along and doesn't get bogged down at all. I thoroughly recommend it.

Pre-Raphaelites (Essential Art)
Pre-Raphaelites (Essential Art)
by Lucinda Hawksley

3.0 out of 5 stars Pre Raphaelites, 8 Oct. 2013
A simple book giving a broad guide to the artists with some beautiful photographs. Yes it is basic but was just the book I wanted.

Faberge and the Russian Master Goldsmiths
Faberge and the Russian Master Goldsmiths
by Gerard Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Faberge, 8 Oct. 2013
This is a quite exquisite book. Packed with outstanding photographs of some of the Russian Masters finest creations. A book you can pick up and look in awe at the craftsmanship at any time. I love it.

Captain Bligh and Mr.Christian: The Men and the Mutiny
Captain Bligh and Mr.Christian: The Men and the Mutiny
by Richard Hough

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bounty, 11 Sept. 2013
I raced through this book because it is so well written. It's basically the same as the Anthony Hopkins film version with lots of unknown fascinating facts thrown in. Exactly what I was looking for. Having read Richard Hough's Captain Cook I can highly recommend.
I was however disappointed with the quality of the book I received. I often buy second hand because I prefer hardback copies, I only ever purchase when they are described as "very good" or "like new". This book was acceptable at best. Would not purchase from this seller again.

5 Star Mouse Mat with 6mm Rubber Sponge Backing 248x220mm Blue
5 Star Mouse Mat with 6mm Rubber Sponge Backing 248x220mm Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse mat, 2 Aug. 2013
You get what you pay for. Nice size, nice colour, just a little flimsy so not sure how long it will last. Arrived quickly and well packaged.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8