Profile for Alexey Antipin > Reviews

Alexey Antipin

The Mountain
The Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Did anyone have any doubts?, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Mountain (Audio CD)
Making each new album different from previous but as good is not an easy task especially if these previous releases are of stellar quality. Good news - Haken did it again! Personally I found "The Mountain" less "metallic" than previous two issues - more into old school prog of 70-ties. This is what in my opinion makes it different from "Aquarius" and "Visions" but just as enjoyable.

Frequency Unknown
Frequency Unknown
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong title, obvious production flaws but it is not that bad, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Frequency Unknown (Audio CD)
As it was mentioned many times before the production of the album is terrible but it is still a good Geoff Tate solo album. Not Queensryche

Trouble With Machines (CD+DVD)
Trouble With Machines (CD+DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 10 Jun 2013
I saw these guys live at Celebr8.2 festival in Kingston and regret I have not bought their music straight away.

March Of Progress [Digipack]
March Of Progress [Digipack]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not their greatest, 28 Aug 2012
In all previous Threshold records there was something that caught me immediately, like Slipstream on Dead Reckoning or Mission Profile on Subsurface with new nuances revealed with consequent listenings.
After the first 70 minutes after I inserted March of Progress into my CD player there was nothing to remember - it did not catch me at all. Things changed after I listened to the album a couple more times - I started to like it. It's definitely Threshold with freshness added by Damian's, Steves's and Pete's contribution to song writing. Despite my first impression was spoiled (perhaps simply because I expected too much from this release) it is still very enjoyable music to listen.
I also recommend buying digipack version with "Divinity" bonus track - I don't understand why this impressive piece is not included in CD