Profile for Mrs W. > Reviews

Content by Mrs W.

Mrs W. (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)
The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Installment, 28 May 2013
I absolutely love this series and found this third installment to live up to the high standard of the first two books. It was great to have more of an insight into Inevra and the Dama'ting. I love Jardir and the whole belief system of the Krasians. The world created in this series is so well written and I can picture every detail. I was hooked from the first page, as in the previous novels and I could not put it down.

The ending was absolutely gobsmacking and I just can NOT wait for the next book. Does anyone know when it's planned for release?? It actually left me feeling a little bereft when I'd finished and wondering what I could possibly read next that would in any way compare...

Ladies Womens Flat Low Heel Pixie Vintage Retro Style Winter Lace Up Ankle Boots Size with shoeFashionista Boutique bag
Offered by shoeFashionista

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, 1 Feb 2013
Good quality boots and arrived quickly, although I did not receive a shoe Fashionista Boutique bag.

Excellent value for money and look great.

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden)
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden)
by Julie Kagawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new vampire series, 1 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fan of Julie Kawaga's Iron Fey series so I was very excited to have the opportunity to read this, especially as a lover of vampire and supernatural books. It did not disappoint, it is a different take on a much used and abused subject.

Vampire's rule the world following a disease that has wiped out most of the population, the human's are kept almost like cattle, registered, fed and kept in exchange for blood. The main character Allie, is an "unregistered" scraping by everyday just to get enough to eat. After the worst happens and Allie is turned her whole life takes a new direction and she struggles to cope with the guilt and betrayal of her friends. The book really took off for me when she met Zeke and his band of travelers searching for mythical Eden. Hiding her vampirism and coping with the hunger becomes her biggest battle, as well as trying to supress her feelings for Zeke.

I quickly became drawn into her world and cared about the characters. I read it in just a couple of days as I could not put it down! It is refreshing to read a book where vampires are portrayed as monsters rather than mysterious and brooding romance interests! I will definitely be looking out for the sequel.

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey)
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey)
by Julie Kagawa

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 15 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After reading the first two pages of this book I realised this was going to be something I loved, so I promptly bought the first three books in the series!

I love these books, the idea of the Iron Fey is brilliant with todays technology overload! It especially strikes home as you are sat reading them on a Kindle... Meghan s a great heroine who I really became attached too. She was strong without being cliched and sensible in asking for help and protecting her loved ones. Ash is a perfect leading man... I could not help but fall a little in love with him!

I really enjoyed this book, the dedication, commitment and love that Ash has for Meghan is beautiful and although some of the trials he went through seemed a little unnecessary I was gripped. It was great to have Grimalkin back, who has to be one of my favourite characters, and I also really liked The Big Bad Wolf!

All in all, this book had a great ending and I may even have had a little tear in my eye...

Succubus  Revealed (Georgina Kincaid 6)
Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid 6)
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ending, 9 Nov 2011
This is one of my favourite series and I was so excited to finally have the final chapter in Georgina's story. This book did not disappoint! Oh how I loved it!!
I really did not know how things could possibly work out for her to get her happy ending, and ok it may have been a little cheesy for some, but it gave me a nice warm feeling to know she can finally be happy. The only part I was a little disappointed in was Roman, I wish things could have ended differently for him.

Avenger's Angel
Avenger's Angel
by Heather Killough-Walden

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Avenger's Angel (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I could not get into this book at all. For me to enjoy a book I need to feel a connection to the characters and I absolutely could not connect to this. The main characters felt cliched and pretentious, the heroine wet and, again, cliched. I was really hopeful about this book but I felt very let down.

Spider's Revenge (Elemental Assassin)
Spider's Revenge (Elemental Assassin)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but frustrating!, 9 Nov 2011
This book was a great end to the ongoing battle between Gin and Mab, I was totally gripped by their battles and couldn't possibly see how things would resolve. I was happy to see how Gin's relationship with her sister and boyfriend developed and find out the truth behind the dwarves backgrounds. The only thing that annoyed me was this should have tied the story up but it has yet again been left open for a sequel, which to me felt wrong like the author is trying to drag out a successful story for the sake of it. I can't really see where a next book will go and I can't help but feel that it will just begin to feel "same old". Probably the most frustrating thing is that I know I will buy it anyway!

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
by Laini Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable & different, 9 Nov 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a funny book, I found it hard to get into it and to quite understand what was going on with Karou, the different worlds and the Chimaera. I even gave up halfway & read a couple of other books....However I then went back to it and was hooked from then on!!

Once the story gets going and Karou meets Akiva it really is a great read. Their relationship is very intense and to me it didn't feel like the usual Romeo & Juliet style forbidden love. In particular I loved the twist and finding out what had happened in the past, the truth about Karou and the tattoos on her palm.

It was very different to other books out there and I did really enjoy it. I will definitely be looking out for the sequel to find out what happens next for Karou and Akiva, not to mention Brimstone and co!

The Hidden Child (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 5)
The Hidden Child (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 5)
by Camilla Läckberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Falls short of its potential, 11 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't say I didn't enjoy this book but I wouldn't rush to read another of hers. It was not one of those books that I couldn't wait to read.

There was obviously a twist in the story and when it appeared it was disappointing, there are too many characters which I found confusing at times and a lot of them seem surplus to the story, the head of the police and the side story with the dog, salsa dancing etc was ridiculous.

Parts of the book are rather cheesy and others unrealistic, the main male characters relationship with his ex-wife for one - please!

It had the potential to be a good story but somehow just missed it.

HealthAid Fem-X - L-Arginine, Siberian Ginseng - 60 Tablets
HealthAid Fem-X - L-Arginine, Siberian Ginseng - 60 Tablets
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars No notable difference.., 5 Aug 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After taking the tablets for one month I can honestly say I noticed no difference in sexual appetite or enjoyment. The tablets were really quite huge which was a bit off putting but I persisted in taking them daily. But sadly I did not find any difference at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3