Profile for C. A. Kennedy > Reviews

Content by C. A. Kennedy

C. A. Kennedy "CrolK" (Northants, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Killing - Series 2 [DVD]
The Killing - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbrydelsen forever!, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Killing - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Well what can I say? After the first series I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off but series 2 is every bit as compelling, enthralling, exciting and all the other superlatives I could use. Sofie Grabol is such a brilliant actress - I have series 3 on my Wish List even though I watched it on BBC3.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, 12 Jun 2013
Really love my phone case. Looks just like my own Lab and I have had many admiring comments. It appears to be pretty tough so I'm expecting it will last a good while, although so reasonably priced that you could definitely mix and match with other designs from this supplier

A Season for the Dead (Nic Costa Mysteries 1)
A Season for the Dead (Nic Costa Mysteries 1)
by David Hewson

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen by any other name, 27 Aug 2012
Having read and absolutely loved all the Zen books, I was curious to find out whether I would be as enamoured of another Italian detective. I wasn't disappointed. David Hewson writes beautifully, his descriptions of Italian cities and landmarks are evocative and his characters finely drawn. This is a cracking read, fast-paced, exciting and atmospheric. I will now break my budget and order a few more Nic Costa Mysteries, he is my new Italian hero! (Sorry Zen....).

F1043 S&B Golden Curry Mild-Hot - 240G
F1043 S&B Golden Curry Mild-Hot - 240G
Offered by Xihaha Chinese Children Bookshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous postage, 23 May 2012
This product had been on my Wish List for some time and every so often I review my WL and often go ahead and order from it. Although the price of this item had decreased quite a bit, and it had exceptionally good reviews for its quality etc, I am very unhappy about the frankly ludicrous cost of postage. So I will not be ordering at all. Its a shame but someone here is really taking the micky (not Amazon I hasten to add).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 9:13 PM BST

Anonymous [DVD] [2011]
Anonymous [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Rhys Ifans
Offered by games-n-console-land

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining 'take' on the Shakespeare story, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Anonymous [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
As a Shakespeare fan I know I really shouldn't have enjoyed this film, but it is so beautifully filmed, so wonderfully acted (Rhys Ifans is absolutely superb), with stunning costumes and cinematogrophy, everything a Roland Emmerich film should be, and is. The story is preposterous (or is it?) and yet compelling and you are taken on a very thrilling journey. Excellent entertainment, watch it and prepare to be amazed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 3:39 PM GMT

Jane Eyre [DVD] [2011]
Jane Eyre [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Mia Wasikowska

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not quite 5 star watching, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Jane Eyre [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
No film maker has ever really quite 'got' Jane Eyre. They leave out large chunks which I know would make the film at least 5 hours long but there is really nothing superfluous in the writing and I'd be quite happy to sit for 5 hours watching Michael Fassbender! The recent TV series with Toby Stephens is the most faithful in my opinion but this version is very good, Mia Wasikowska is plain enough to make a believable Jane and, well, M. Fassbender is as brooding as they come and utterly watchable. (Has anyone ever seen him give a bad performance? I didn't think so...). Watch it and wallow in all that pent up passion and those meaningful glances.

Woman with Birthmark (The Van Veeteren Series)
Woman with Birthmark (The Van Veeteren Series)
by Håkan Nesser

3.0 out of 5 stars A pale comparison with Mankell, 20 Jun 2011
I bought 5 of the Van Veeteren books based on reviews that had compared Nesser favourably with Henning Mankell and his incomparable Wallander. I have to report that I felt a little let down by Van Veeteren. The books are not as well translated by any means and some sentences are very awkward as a result. While not a complete disaster, these books do not capture the imagination in quite the same way as Wallander. The dogged police work, captivating description of the Swedish landscape, the self-doubt and vulnerability of their 'hero', these are what make the Wallander stories so intriguing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2011 7:39 PM BST

STC Hand Tufted Coir Door Mat with Anti-slip Backing, 4 Dogs Design, 45x75cm (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 18 April 2011
I have this mat inside my back door, in the vain hope that my big, lolloping labrador will at least leave some of his mud on the mat rather than the kitchen floor. Vain hope indeed - but its a great mat and a very sweet design.

STC Hand Tufted Coir Door Mat with Anti-slip Backing, Floral Design, 45x75cm
STC Hand Tufted Coir Door Mat with Anti-slip Backing, Floral Design, 45x75cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab and groovy, 18 April 2011
I call this my "Austin Powers" door mat - its a lovely retro design and a good, thick mat which I assume and expect will last a long time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Fabulosity!, 5 April 2011
Back in the 1970s, when I thought I was a trendy teenager, my mother wouldn't buy a Trimphone, she thought they were revolting. Now I'm tumbling into old age, I can at last have my very own Trimphone and I LOVE IT! The quality is good, it is sturdy and well made, and looks so very hip and groovy on my desk at home. I am the envy of all my friends and am going to buy a different colour for my bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3