Profile for Andy Mirams > Reviews

Content by Andy Mirams

Andy Mirams "Andy Mirams" (England)

Makita DHP453RFTK 18V Cordless Lithium Ion Combi Drill
Makita DHP453RFTK 18V Cordless Lithium Ion Combi Drill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product all round, 4 May 2016
Excellent set for the enthusiast home DIY person. So easy and a delight to use. Would probably be a good buy for a professional too. Bought my first one last year and rated it so highly that I have now bought a second as a present.

OKI C531DN A4 Colour Laser Printer
OKI C531DN A4 Colour Laser Printer
Offered by Above & Beyond!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, strange side issues, 19 May 2014
I really love the printer - I had already bought one for my workplace and had been very impressed so I knew what to expect. There are two strange occurrences though: 1) The invoice is not made out to me but to Computer Risk Management Ltd in Cheshire (but it was still my credit card that was charged!). As the item is large and required a signature I had it delivered to my work so nowhere on the documentation does it show my address - how could I prove ownership if ever I had to? 2) The OKI website will not accept my online extended warranty registration and the registration phone number printed in the warranty booklet is unobtainable and out of date. Calling OKI UK's main switchboard number and being "put through to the right department" resulted only in 15 minutes of recorded messages and being told I was in a queue and to visit the website if I was having problems. Emailing OKI only resulted in the reply to phone the warranty support number as they only deal with technical support and configuration issues! Hey ho!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2015 2:46 PM BST

Roberts Radios Gemini Digital Clock Radio With Instant Record
Roberts Radios Gemini Digital Clock Radio With Instant Record

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 8 April 2011
Excellent piece of equipment - lots of features and very good sound. Only snag (why it didn't get 5 stars from me) you cannot control the volume if the alarm is set to "Radio" (though you can if set to "Buzzer")

Alex's Adventures in Numberland: Dispatches from the Wonderful World of Mathematics
by Alex Bellos

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment to the power of ten!, 29 May 2010
This isn't just a book for anybody interested in numbers or mathematics - it's full of interest, history, cultural differences, the beauty of the natural world and it is written in a very understandable, fluid, entertaining and often amusing, if not comical, fashion.