Profile for Penny M > Reviews

Content by Penny M

Penny M (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Zoetrope Animation as seen in film The Woman In Black |Traditional Vintage Classic Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Surprise stocking filler, 29 Dec 2012
Our 7 year-old son really loves this toy and has had great fun with it already. He's even made his own movies on the back of the strips that are provided. You are provided with a drum with a stand and several strips with loads of different scenes on them. But they are blank on the other side, so you can turn them over, as he has done, and draw your own scenes. Brilliant toy, it's possibly a little fragile, so probably better for older children. Definitely recommended for someone with an interest in animation and/or movie-making.

Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 1+: Top Cat and Other Stories
Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 1+: Top Cat and Other Stories
by Julia Donaldson
Price: 6.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Dec 2012
I've had to change this review as I don't think I praised it enough before. Our 3 year-old daughter was completely uninterested in learning the alphabet or phonics, but now is very keen to learn and have a go, and this is leading to her development in writing too. The book gives tips at the beginning of each story to help the parent/guardian or teacher to help their child to recognise the letter sounds. Sometimes there are tricky words for the child to learn. The repetition of the sounds helps to reinforce the learning of the main phoneme of the story, and the funny pictures help the child remember the sounds through association with the story. We've had other Oxford Reading Tree books before, which are great (Biff & Chip stories) for early readers. So this is a fantastic idea to team up with Julia Donaldson, to create this series of books. I cannot recommend this highly enough and will definitely be looking to get the next stages to carry on from this one.

Galt Face Painting
Galt Face Painting
Price: 10.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Galt Face Painting (Toy)
My daughter asked for this for Christmas and after looking at different packs, this seemed the best value for what it is. You can buy much more sophisticated kits, which could be used for stage shows but this is great for fun with children for such as parties etc. I would definitely recommend this to friends and will probably add to it. We've had a lot of fun with it already. My daughter even painted my face!

Rubie's Willy Wonka Child Fancy Dress (Large)
Rubie's Willy Wonka Child Fancy Dress (Large)
Price: 19.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but..., 22 Nov 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I like Rubies costumes; they seem to have one for every occasion. But the quality is very poor. The fabric is quite flimsy and I wouldn't expect it to last very long. However, it was highly complimented on the day that it was worn, and I'm sure will give lots more fun in the future.

Sistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, Aqua
Sistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, Aqua
Price: 4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit annoying, 10 Nov 2012
I thought this would be a great idea with the different sections to put the different parts of a packed lunch into. However, the little compartments are too small and the sandwiches get squashed and you cannot fit anything bigger than a small bunch of grapes in without them getting squashed. I tried to put a small apple in there but it would not fit anywhere. It does dishwash easily and all the parts come apart so that you can clean it thoroughly but the lids come off easily and open easily and when it's been dropped all the contents fall out all over the place. It's a good idea, but the main compartment ought to be deeper and the lids more secure.

Wild and Wolf Scrabble Mug P
Wild and Wolf Scrabble Mug P
Offered by addedpeppa
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much appreciated, 10 Nov 2012
This was bought as a gift along with another and they are being very well used. I'm tempted to get some more for future gifts for my scrabble-mad family.

Pack of 4 Vinyl Record Coasters by Gama Go
Pack of 4 Vinyl Record Coasters by Gama Go
Offered by The Mutt's Nuts
Price: 8.68

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought these would make a funky little gift but..., 10 Nov 2012
they look a bit cheap and not as good as I'd thought. I suppose being silicone they ought to be durable. Not terribly impressed though.

I Style My Home Farmyard Coasters
I Style My Home Farmyard Coasters
Price: 6.15

2.0 out of 5 stars These are gorgeous..., 1 Aug 2012
...As with the placemats, I was very pleased with these coasters. They are made well and look so lovely on the table. They have an unusual matt feel to the surface, but do wipe clean very easily. However, the cork backing is already crumbling away. I wish I'd not bothered really, I can't see them lasting a year if we're lucky. Very poor quality.

I Style My Home Farmyard Placemats
I Style My Home Farmyard Placemats
Offered by elinens
Price: 7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these at first, 1 Aug 2012
I am editing this review as I am a bit disappointed. I thought these were so cute. They do look lovely and we love the fun pictures, but the backing is already coming off and I bought them within the last 6 months. I bought another set by a different company and they are lasting much better. I am writing this so that hopefully, the manufacturer can improve on the design.

Bronze Celtic Cufflinks with Presentation Box
Bronze Celtic Cufflinks with Presentation Box
Offered by Cuff-Daddy
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart, 1 Aug 2012
These were a gift and we are very pleased with them. They are very good quality, with a nice heavy feel to them as well as being a bit individual. I would browse products again of this brand/seller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14