Profile for W. Ferreira > Reviews

Content by W. Ferreira

W. Ferreira (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Offered by SegaSykes
Price: 69.50

5.0 out of 5 stars wire free headset, 23 Jun 2014
The Sony wireless headset is excellent. The box they came in looks the part. It felt like I was opening something that deserves to go with the PS4. The headset is well made. The black plastic and leather effect feels good. I am always worried about hinges but they seem to be fine. I have been storing them in the little bag they come with which is a nice touch. The charging cable is small but I don't have a problem with that because it is unlikely that I would charge and play at the same time. The little dongle is good for the job, and fits in with the PS4 design.

The sound quality is good. I replaced a Turtle Beach X12 with DSS2 setup and it may not be as good. But the previous setup was messy with cables and connecting to the USB power in the front. The wireless headset is perfect. Besides the wireless capability the real strength of the headset is the companion app. I downloaded the shooter profile - for Killzone and it sounds great. Easy setup. Personally I like only 2 setting. 1 for standard and 2 for personalised. The only problem that I can see is if you regularly change between games - a 3rd would be nice.

The headset is comfortable enough. You have to adjust it until it feels comfortable and you hardly notice wearing it. It will take a while to get used to the buttons but this hasn't been a problem. The instruction manual is poor but you can find help online.

I waited a while to buy these as the price issue was a problem. Amazon were very good on this when they did come and the headset was a great fathers day present. I would recommend this headset if you want a wireless headset that works well with the PS4 without any additional cables. It's reasonably priced and looks the part.

Thule Railing Rapid System Footpack For Cars With Roof Rails
Thule Railing Rapid System Footpack For Cars With Roof Rails
Price: 73.96

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 23 Jun 2014
These are excellent. They fit any car that comes with roof rails. e.g. most estate cars. They are easy to fit. The rapid system is fast and easy to use - no more allen key required. Attaching the Thule bar is easy. Overall I am pleased and would recommend.

CALOR GAS GRILL 2 GO 3 IN 1 BBQ
CALOR GAS GRILL 2 GO 3 IN 1 BBQ
Offered by TGS Industrial Supplies Ltd, Est 1987
Price: 35.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooker, few niggles, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: CALOR GAS GRILL 2 GO 3 IN 1 BBQ
This is a very handy cooker. It's such a brilliant idea. The patio gas canister by Calor is excellent - just the right size. The grill 2 go is a great idea too. It's easy to attach to the cylinder and sturdy. The red base is solid and catches the fatty dripping while BBQing. The heat generated by the burner is excellent. It is quick and we often use this rather than our camping stove. The reason for 4 stars. The "fire guard" and nob to turn on is poor. It wobbles about and looks tacky. Furthermore, the burner didn't screw on to the regulator because the treads were affected by the welding. I had another one sent to me and it was the same. I had to "force" it together which is not ideal. It could just be bad luck on my side but it was rather disappointing. I would still recommend the grill 2 go for anyone who camps or for anyone who occasionally wants a portable BBQ/cooker.

Maglite ST2D016 2D Cell LED Torch - Black
Maglite ST2D016 2D Cell LED Torch - Black
Price: 25.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and sturdy flashlight, 20 April 2014
This is a great torch. It is sturdy and has real heft to it. Only using 2 D cell batteries is great. It's really bright and you can focus the beam. I bought this to take camping and it has been very useful. My daughter has dropped it a couple of times and it still works fine. It's great that Maglite are using LED and if this lasts a long as my last Maglite I'll be happy.

Leatherman Leather Sleeve Sidekick and Wingman 930380
Leatherman Leather Sleeve Sidekick and Wingman 930380
Offered by mcrltd
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective cover, 20 April 2014
I wanted a cheap leather cover for my Leatherman wingman and this cover does the trick. It is suede leather and the Leatherman fits snugly inside. It has a ruggedised look to it which is good. Their are metal eyelet at the top which could be useful to attach a hook for a belt. Overall I would recommend this if you want something to protect your Leatherman while it is being stored or transported.

Leatherman Multi-Tool Wingman
Leatherman Multi-Tool Wingman
Offered by tools247
Price: 48.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Leatherman, 16 April 2014
I've always liked the Leatherman tools but never owned one. There is a large range which can be difficult to choose which one to get. I chose this one because it was a good balance between price and functionality. I'm very happy with my choice. I bought it to take camping.

Pros:
Good price per tool choice
The pliers
Screwdriver heads
Very sharp knife (see con)
Scissors that work
Size and weight

Con:
Very sharp knife - be careful
Knife is short
Takes a while to get used to opening the tools properly

Overall: I would recommend this Leatherman for a first time user. Compact tool ready for basic household needs and for outdoor use.

Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
Offered by Talbot Media
Price: 344.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Next Gen. waiting for the games, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) (Console)
I love playing games but don't always get the time or opportunity. I've never had a Playsation. I was late into the console gaming scene and when I went to the shops to buy a PS2 way back in 2002, ended up leaving with an Xbox. The next console I had was the Xbox 360. This was an easy choice as it came out way before the PS3. I loved the 360 and believe that Microsoft did a decent job making it the console of choice for many gamers. When it became clear that the PS4 and Xbone were to be released roughly the same time I looked into the different consoles and decided on the PS4. The move to the PS4 has been easy but part of me still loves the Xbox platform. The PS4 is a lovely machine. It sits well next to the monitor I use and it's small and reasonably quiet. If I'm next to it I can hear the HDD starting and spinning but it is not noticeable. The only niggle that I have is there is not any USB ports at the back. I have the Turtle Beach DSS2 amplifier and X12 headset and this requires USB power and it is annoying to have to run a wire to the front of the console. The controller is lovely. It feels great in the hand and the touch panel is surprisingly cool to use in Killzone. The best part is that the power brick is part of the machine and yet the processor and memory is slightly better than the Xbone. The user interface is easy to use. I like being able to check downloads easily and especially the option of turning the console off completely. My decision to go with the PS4 was partly because of the price, but mainly because I felt that the Xbone had too many unnecessary things. The HDMI in for a TV tuner - completely not needed. The Kinect 2 - probably never use. All of which made a device that is huge and seemed to move away from games - the sole purpose for me buying a console. I still think that it good, just not for me. Unfortunately there hasn't been the games. Killzone was good. Marvel Lego was fun, but I want a Skyrim or Mass Effect. I would have loved Forza but it is not on the PS4. I've tried DC Universe - it's good but I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm sure the games will come and I'm sure they will look amazing. I would like to play the 'last of us' on the PS4 but it needs more original games.

I didn't buy the PS4 though Amazon - I traded everything in and bought it at Game.

The Franklin
The Franklin
Price: 58.00

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent desktop globe, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Franklin (Map)
I bought this as a present for my wife. The globe is lovely, better that what I expected. It is a good size that will fit on a desk. The classic colour look is fantastic. The blue/discovery globe is cheaper but very bright and the classic look seems more mature. The map is crisp and clear. The mountain ranges are raised and this may take a while to get used to because it stands out on the shiny surface. The base is hefty enough to keep the globe on the desk, but like anything that spins on an axis it can be knocked over. The equator line decal is not perfect but the globe is still good. If you look around you can get this for a good price. I would recommend this globe to anyone who is looking for a desktop globe with a classic look. My wife love it.

Campingaz Camping Chef Stove
Campingaz Camping Chef Stove
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward once you know how, 24 Mar 2014
This was a fantastic deal for me as I bought it on a lightning deal. I like the stove because it is well made and compact. It comes with the tubing but not a regulator. This is good because it means you can choose which type of gas to use. In the UK campingaz is expensive but the bottles are light and they do last long. The advice that I took was to go for propane gas. Propane can be used in colder temperature and let's face it the UK is not always sunny and warm. I also decided on Calor gas as they are one of the biggest distributors of gas in the UK. I ended up going for the patio gas cylinder because the 5kg bottle comes with a gage to determine when it is empty and they have a portable BBQ attachment called "grill-2-go" which looks ideal for camping. Attaching the regulator to the tubing was easy. The tubing looks like it is good quality. The instructions are rubbish and you have to make sense using the pictures. This is why I have given the cooker 4 stars. The two burners are powerful. The grill looks basic and works fine but it's not big. The stove packs away compactly. But once again trying to make sense of the instruction to unpack it was tricky. Overall I would recommend this stove. It is a good price point and will do the job well.

Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 16.40

5.0 out of 5 stars GTA for good guys, 19 Mar 2014
This game Rocks! The graphics are amazing. The gameplay is excellent. Its basically GTA on horses but you are basically a good guy. I don't like games that you play as a thug and this is great. The story is intense. There is heaps to do and the different territories are amazing. The challenges are brilliant and achievement hunting gives the game longevity. I was a bit disappointed by the ending but still would play the game again and again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6