Profile for W. Ferreira > Reviews

Content by W. Ferreira

W. Ferreira (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Apple  In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic for iPhone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic for iPhone (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars better than the original, 19 Mar 2014
These are good earphones. Clearly they are better than the original ones you get with most apple products. But you could question the price point. They are pricey. I got them because I like the quality that apple produce. The rubber buds fit fine. The mic works fine and the sound quality is good. What I don't think is particularly good is that they haven't used gold plated adapter like most other phones and after a little while the white silicone buds have discoloured a bit. Otherwise they are fine and I would recommend them to you if you want something better than the original phones you get with apple products and you get them on a good deal.

Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory

3.0 out of 5 stars probably not a good idea, 19 Mar 2014
I bought this for my wife. The idea sound good that you dance your way to a healthier lifestyle. The game itself is fine. The fitness band is a good idea but we found that we just ended up holding the wii remote in our hands. The levels of difficulty do jump and I personally found that there was a big jump in the expectation of ability as you progressed. The main problem is that it ends up being a bit confusing and not clear exactly how to do well in the game. Its reasonably enjoyable but after a very short time we stopped using it and therefore it was a bit of waste of money.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars hours of love, 19 Mar 2014
Oblivian is one of my all time favourite games and it felt as if decades passed before another instalment was released. Skyrim was an obvious choice for lovers of the series. If you are new to Bethesda or Elder Scrolls this game is fantastic. There is always a little prelude to why you are the charter you are and then you jump into an amazing world where almost anything is possible. This is a game of swords and fighting, magic and demons, and dragons! As in most RPGs you play to level up your character and continue onto the complex story. What sets Skyrim apart is the detailed world you are in and the bazaar side mission. The crazy charters and the choice. I personally like the first person aspect of the game. I enjoy that in sward fights you can run away - in shooting RPGs its too easy to die. The menu system takes a bit of getting used to but once you see the different choices and option of understating which mission you are in and how to change this or how to upgrade the games comes alive.

I can only wish that it come to the PS4 and then I can play it again...

Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars great game not as ground breaking as the original, 19 Mar 2014
I enjoyed this game because the game play is solid. The graphics are excellent and the story is over the top. But that is why I have given it 4 stars. The story is just a bit ridiculous and you do feel as if you are playing set pieces for the sake of the game rather than because it is a good story. Definitely worth playing. The multiplayer is solid but never going to get the numbers of COD etc. but that is why I like it.

Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary (Xbox 360)
Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary (Xbox 360)
Offered by Digitalville UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic but aged, 19 Mar 2014
I love the Halo games. I have played the original Halo on the Xbox and loved it. I replayed it on the Xbox 360 when it came out and played it again on the PC. When I saw this and that the graphics were updated for the 360 I thought that I should get it again. The good news is that it is just like the original. The bad news is that after playing the 360 for so many years the game does feel a bit dated. The graphics are better, but not really as good as they can be on the 360. I felt that I was simply just playing to finish rather than playing to enjoy as I had done before. I admit this may be because I have played it so much but somehow I was left a little disappointed.

If you never played the original, then this is a must buy. If you are desperate to have halo in your achievements (as I admit I was) then its a good purchase. Overall, this is a good remake but not an essential buy.

Garmin nuvi 2598LMT-D 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Digital Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuvi 2598, 19 Mar 2014
I spent a great deal of time deciding on which sat nav to get and finally went with Garmin Nuvi 2598. This was a tough decision. I've got a cheaper TomTom which I've both loved and hated and I was almost going to go for the Go 500. The reason I went for this one was because of the price point that included a traffic receiver. I wasn't too bothered with the idea of tethering my phone to the device but ended thinking that being able to simply plug the sat nav in and drive with traffic would be better and the equivalent TomTom Go 5000 was a bit too pricey. A further reason for the Garmin was that it has digital traffic. My experience of the traffic on my old TomTom was that it would often take 30-40min for the traffic to update.

My thoughts so far. The device looks good. I bought a simple case for it and it is a slim case that easily fits into the glove box. The matt screen wasn't what I was expecting. The resolution of the screen could be better but I have to say that it hasn't stopped me from liking the Garmin. The icons are bold and clear to use. The screen is responsive to touch. The size of the screen is good because when the traffic is shown it takes a good part of the screen on the right hand side. My biggest concern was about how the device would connect to the mounting. The pictures of the product on the Garmin website look like the mounting is weak. I was pleased to see that the plastic feels sturdy and that the ball socket clicks firmly into the bracket. To connect the bracket to the window is easy and the device fits together very well.

The software is easy to navigate. I've managed to find all the places that I wanted. It's good to have different categories to search for. An example of this was that I needed to find a school and it was very reassuring to be able to search for the school. I've set up my voice comment phrase as "Garmin listen" and this works well. Not as easy to then find an address. But telling the device to go home is very reassuring, and it works.

The lifetime maps is another reason for buying this device. I didn't need the full European maps but it was more cost effective to get all the maps as other variations of this model end up only being a few pounds cheaper for the incomplete maps. Updating the maps and software on the computer was easy but it did take a long time. I have read that this may be due to broadband providers restricting the download. I have BT infinity and felt that downloading the maps should have been quicker. Updating the maps and software was easy and if you look at different options in the update process I was able to add different vehicles.

The traffic directions have been good. There have not been any surprises and traffic has updated within 30 seconds. There hasn't been any reason for me to not like the sat nav. I'm sure it's not much different from the TomTom but considering that I had often not liked how the device was mounted I am pleased that I have gone with the Garmin. So far all has been good and the device redirects quickly. The only thing that isn't clear is that the traffic only works when the device is powered by the cable. But this isn't usually a problem.

Overall I would recommend this product for the digital traffic, lifetime maps and the ease of use. If athletics are for you then the 3598 may be a better choice. If you have had a few problems with a TomTom then this is a good alternative.

SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit for Smartphone Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Feb 2014
Love this little device. I found it easy enough to pair up with my iPhone 4 and with my iPhone 5. Could manage to pair with a beta android phone but this could be because of the beta software. The speaker is clear and loud. Calls work well and people can hear me and I can hear them. The battery lasts for ages. I don't talk much but often forget to turn it off. Overall thus little gems does what I needed it to do.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Ace Bargains!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it. But why so long to charge., 6 Feb 2014
The toothbrush is fantastic. It is great having such clean teach. The 2 min countdown feature is great. It took me a moment to realise what it was. The red light coming on Shen I press too hard all help me have great clean teeth. But why oh why does it charge all day from 7 am until 10 pm and not be completely charged? Battery lasts just under a week. Just seems silly to charge for so long.

Microsoft Media Remote (Xbox 360)
Microsoft Media Remote (Xbox 360)
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 Feb 2014
This was a good little remote for the xbox. It did what I needed it for. The extra functionality was not needed because I only controlled the xbox and not a tv. Only niggle was that it seemed to need to be pointed very directly at the xbox in order to work. This was annoying at times when it was unresponsive.

Quiksilver Neoprene Sleeve for Apple iPad Mini/iPad Mini 2 - Blue Checks
Quiksilver Neoprene Sleeve for Apple iPad Mini/iPad Mini 2 - Blue Checks

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, 6 Feb 2014
This is a good protective case. I wanted something that wasn't too big and that would give protection for the whole device while in my bag. This does all of those things. The 4 stars are because the zip toggle has not worn well and I think the zip may hVe slightly scratched the top edge of the iPad. This is because the fit is very snug.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6