Profile for Mr. T. S. Browning > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. S. Browning

Mr. T. S. Browning

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
EC TECHNOLOGY® New 22400mAh Portable Ultra-high Density External Battery Charger For iPhone 5s 5c 5 (Lightning Adapter Not Included), 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, iPad Mini, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4, S3, S2, Note 2 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, Tab 3 8.0, Tab 2, Galaxy Gear, HTC Sensation One X S EVO 3D 4G DNA Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA, Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG Optimus V, Blackberry Z10 Bold Curve Torch, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Bionic ATRIX, Sony Xperia Z Z1, Nokia Lumia 1020 920, Also Compatible With All Other Cell Phones And Tablets - 12-Month Warranty
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 to 6 full charges for my hTC M8 mobile, 21 July 2014
So how many charges could I get out of this unit for my hTC M8 phone I wondered? This unit has a 224000 mah battery my M8 has a 2600 mah battery. I completed 7 charges of my M8 which combined together were equivalent to 571% i.e. 5.71 full charges. If you do the math this would mean that this EC charger gave out after giving my phone 14846 mah. I'd been warned by numerous articles to expect a 'loss' of about 30 to 33% from any external charger battery as they use power to 'push' the charge to any connected device. Since I can normally get about 2 days out of my M8 phone this could equate to over 11 days with no mains power. Can't really complain. I bought this for going camping with no electrical hookup.

Mega Travel Towel - Ideal for Bath, Swimming, Beach, Gym, Yoga, Pilates, Camping, Hiking, Walking - Quick Drying Micro Microfibre Sports Towel, by Mountain Warehouse in Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars The towel that does dry you, 24 Jun 2014
I was uncertain whether this would work like everyone else, it's very thin, it's nothing like our bath towels. So I took a shower at home to test this theory. Despite it's thin-ness it does work and I did get dry, can't really see how this works, but it does. You just have to get your head around the fact that it doesn't feel as thick as a 'normal' towel.

Replacement power supply for 12V PURE One DAB Radio
Replacement power supply for 12V PURE One DAB Radio
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars A better designed power supply on a plug, 4 April 2014
My old Pure power supply on a plug began to short electrically so I went for this one on Amazon as soon as I saw it. I would seem that the old pure power supply had rubbed against a support of my bed primarily because the lead came out of the top of the power supply. On reflection I thought this a bad design. So this power supply has the lead coming out of the bottom of the plug, far better for my setup I think!

10 TDK Blu Ray Discs 50 GB BD-R DL 4X Speed High Grade Bluray Dual Layer Original Spindle
Offered by Jp-Buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling a bit blue, 25 Feb 2014
I've now tried to use all 10 discs, each time using Nero 12 Express to burn a 50gb disc. 3 Discs failed, so I've really got 7 successes and 3 coasters. So I've actually paid £23.89 / 7 = £3.41 per successful disc. I bought these because they were cheaper than most others I could find. I suppose at £3.41 they're still good value, all things considered.

Solo Album (Deluxe Edition)
Solo Album (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Halcyon days, 14 Oct 2013
I remember those days, live concerts in Bristol, this is one of the better bands of the day. I did buy this album at the time but my copy is very 'muddy' soundingy and is in mono. This is superb, I feel as if I'm actually there now. GREAT.

Quad Core Android 4.2 TV Box (MINI PC) "ATV" with 1.8GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, Full HD Output, HDMI DLNA WIFI 8GB HI718
Offered by Senhai

4.0 out of 5 stars Uphill but getting there, 14 Oct 2013
I eventually got this going then the tv screen kept 'blacking out' every 30 seconds or so for 2 seconds at a time, went on for 45 minutes. gave up, strarted to write an email to the supplier asking them to take it back. Suddenly brainwave, looked at display settings of the ATV, switched it to PAL format for Europe, peace at last.
Real headache using the supplied remote, it does have a sort of mouse control, which is useful, but very very clunky. Plugged in a Microsoft bluetooth mouse using one of the USB ports and it worked 'instantly, could not believe it! Am looking at ordering a wireless keyboard too as the onscreen one is a pain.
I did email the support people about using my mobile as a remote control and they jut directed me to the android 'forums'. I fear that may speak volumes.
Worked out that you hold down the mouse Click and move the mouse to pull a webpage up or down.
The power supply they provide is a thin 2-pin arrangement, and I have an adaptor, but never happy to see gravity pulling the 2-pin plug partly out of my adaptor. Found another 3-pin supply (5.5v 2.2amps) and I'm a lot happir with that arrangement.
So far I give this device 4 stars not because it can't do what it claims but because I'm finding it an uphill struggle to get it working as I want it.
It does look promising though. Oh one more thing, when I click the Power off opton the unit just restarts. Hopwe to get to the bottom of this in time.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 9:09 PM GMT

Melt Yourself Down
Melt Yourself Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Melt Yourself Down (MP3 Download)
Saw this on Jools Holland and had to but it soon after, also saw them in concert just after buying this. GREAT!

The Devil In The White City
The Devil In The White City

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder in the industrial age, 28 Sep 2013
Some people have criticised the dual story line approach of this book, the serial murderer v the Worlds Fair construction. That worried me but I took the plunge and didn't regret it. I loved the comparison of new industrial techniques being developed versus the age in which murder could also become 'industrialised', albeit illegally. I already knew the story from a TV documentary, but this eBook was marvellous. No regrets at all with this one.

29 cm rocket Tintin. Destination Moon. Hergé.
29 cm rocket Tintin. Destination Moon. Hergé.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocket to the Moon!, 28 Sep 2013
Yes indeed a Rocket to the Moon. Just like in the days when this is what we dreamed real rockets to the moon would look like. This 29cm rocket is just right, not too small and not too big. Loving it.

Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea
Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 July 2013
I have found this book a good read, in fact I haven't finished it yet. Trying to operate austerity in a democracy that seems to be the crux of the issue, why would anyone vote for it, especially since those at the bottom of the pile end up carrying more of the burden that anyone else. It's all in here, the cases cited by Austerity's supporters as to why it works and the counter interpretations offered by the author. It would appear that have haven't learnt from past experiences and are doomed to repeat failed policies over and over. The question for me is, when you live in a democracy how much austerity "for the greater good" can you put up with before you've had enough?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5