ARRAY(0xaa5a67c8)

Profile for Dismal Angel > Reviews

Content by Dismal Angel
Top Reviewer Ranking: 193

Dismal Angel "Ash" (Scotland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
10 Sets 10x20mm Tibetan Silver Plated Alloy Heart Toggles Clasps - A6412
10 Sets 10x20mm Tibetan Silver Plated Alloy Heart Toggles Clasps - A6412
Offered by k2-accessories
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly tricky but good quality, 13 April 2014
Nice quality however the slot to fit the t-bar into can be a bit awkward even with a long thin chain on the T side. It can make it extremely tricky to get the bracelets/necklaces you make on and off. This is the only reason I give it a three. But good for the price.

ROTATING 360 LEATHER CASE COVER + SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR APPLE IPAD 2 AND 3 AND IPAD 4 4TH GEN - BY SMARTPHONEZ_UK (PURPLE)
Offered by FatGadgets UK
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 5 April 2014
Absolutely fantastic quality. Spent nearly double for a crap one from a discount store and it didn't have as half as much quality as this. Has three different tilt positions, accommodates a swivel (you can switch to portrait or landscape), came with a nice quality stylus and a screen protector. The lining is lovely and soft, nice quality to protect the iPad and quite firmly padded.

Can't fault this enough, highly recommend investing in this.

Nelsons Bach Rescue Remedy Dropper 20ml
Nelsons Bach Rescue Remedy Dropper 20ml
Price: 6.75

3.0 out of 5 stars In two minds, 5 April 2014
Got this for my nervous cat who has a tendency to run from us ( was told this version is no different from the pet rescue but the price is nearly double).

The cat seems somewhat calmer at night ( he used to be quite hyper but settles easier) but isn't too sedated (although I wish he was occasionally so I can get his nails trimmed lol).

It's hard to know if I would recommend or not until I can tell if it actually does work or not.

BusyBead Pack of 10 x Tibetan Style Toggle Clasps Jewellery Findings - Style No. 12
Offered by Busy Bead
Price: 2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 5 April 2014
Good quality, fast delivery and a good price. Would order in a different style as was so impressed with quality. Highly recommend. :)

The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
Price: 32.66

2.0 out of 5 stars A clear cash cow, 5 April 2014
I played this game for several betas and then as a customer I have to say this is by far the worst game Bethesda have released. While the graphics are beautiful and the voice acting is great the gameplay itself is very basic and not at all as immersive as previous titles. In fact once you get to a certain point the game get incredibly boring as it more or less repetitively killing the same things over and over with very little puzzle or interaction required with other players. This could have been a solo game, the online capability should have been optional, not necessary.

The online play is a gimmick and this game is not even a quarter as immersive nor exciting as titles like Oblivion or Skyrim. I suspect the subscription fee will go down in price eventually.

Like others I do not believe in paying a subscription fee AND having to pay for items. It should be one or the other, not both. Game is a clear cash cow and the milk is already well sour and out of date.

Avoid until prices drop.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Price: 28.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little gadget, 3 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Has a really good powerful motor in it, and comes with batteries already included. Blister pack was a bit of a pain to get open, but never mind.

I did feel although this obviously does the job on hard skin on your feet, that it is still going to take an excessive amount of time if you have particularly thick hard skin on the soles of your feet. It seemed to take a while for me to get just a little hard skin from my feet (and I had filed them recently already) which was a little discouraging. That being said, this unit takes a lot of the excessive moment of doing it with the manual file away, and this doesn't hurt at all either.

Price is a little steep but you get what you pay for and seeing as the motor is quite powerful AND the batteries are included, I'd consider it worth it.

Russell Hobbs Precision Toaster - Black
Russell Hobbs Precision Toaster - Black
Price: 35.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 3 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dinky little black toaster that'd be perfect for a small kitchen. Love the simplicity of the design, love the fact it's NOT chrome (therefore, easier to keep looking clean) and I love the fact there's a sticker on the front of it (if you decide to keep it on that is) showing you what settings will produce which results with your toast.

Unfortunately this only gets four stars from me, and I shall tell you for why - the slots inside the toaster are small, and only do small slices of bread. Regular sized slices of bread tend to jut out at the top meaning you end up with un-toasted ends at the very top. Got rid of my old toaster as I was constantly having to stop the toasting process halfway through to turn the bread upside down to cook it evenly and now I have to do it with this one too.

I don't understand this trend of toasters not being able to handle a regular sized slice of bread from top to bottom. It's not even as if the slots were long enough to put the bread in sideways. That's the only disappointing aspect of the toaster for me, and if it had been a little deeper with more capacity for the bread, it'd have gained a five star and +A from me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 9:53 AM BST

Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL Ultra Brights 95 Electric Blue
Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL Ultra Brights 95 Electric Blue
Price: 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Isn't remotely the colour it shows on the box, 27 Mar 2014
Perhaps I'm on of the unlucky ones, who knows, but the colour that came out on my bleached platinum hair is nothing close to what is shown on this box. This colour is meant to be "Electric Blue" (also classed as "ultra brights") but on my platinum hair what came out was a dull, navy blue that has absolutely very little "ultra bright" to show for it. I'd have thought it was maybe just my hair that was the problem but I use the Shocking Pink by the same company and that comes out true to colour on the box, this however, is pathetic.

The colour is so dark near the rest of my hair (which is dark brown) that it is barely noticeable. In fact, at first glance it nearly looks like I've just covered it with black that hasn't taken very well, especially in normal light of day. Absolutely gutted, wouldn't use again and wouldn't recommend. Sorry Schwarzkopf, I love Shocking Pink and will continue to use it, but this is a waste of money. Can't wait until the grace period so I can strip this out, it looks appalling.

I have provided a picture to the gallery just to show the colour you should more or less expect rather than what you expect from the packaging.

Philips E27 Edison Screw LED Hue Personal Wireless Lighting, 8 Watt - White
Philips E27 Edison Screw LED Hue Personal Wireless Lighting, 8 Watt - White
Price: 179.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This unit is absolutely amazing. Very simple to set up, download the app and away you go, being able to control the colour of your bulbs at the drip of a hat without even needing to get out of your chair.

I love that you can actually set timers with the app if you use mood lighting to help you relax and fall asleep.

Is a bit expensive when looked at but the quality of lighting and ease of access and the cleverness of how it can all be controlled work in its favour. Alternatively if this is a bit unaffordable the colour changing mood lamps also from Philips are worth looking at but they lack the spectacular features of this set.

Bulbs are available to buy septet stele but are somewhat expensive. Would be good for parties or kids rooms.

Philips AVENT 2-in-1 Electric Steam Steriliser SCF922/01
Philips AVENT 2-in-1 Electric Steam Steriliser SCF922/01
Price: 22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 13 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love how compact this unit is. Baby sterlisers I've used in the past have been pretty bulky and in the way but this is much neater and out of the way than the usual models. Very nice design and fits all it needs to.

Very easy to use, not much faffing about needed at all. Would highly recommend. Five stars :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20