Profile for Big Mama > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Topeak Tri Bag with Rain Cover Seat Pack - Black/Silver, Medium
Topeak Tri Bag with Rain Cover Seat Pack - Black/Silver, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag and even better bargain, 3 Aug. 2015
I had been eyeing up this exact bag in a well known Glasgow bike shop. At over £13, this was considerably more expensive than this one on Amazon. I am so glad that I checked Amazon before going back to the bike shop.

I attached it easily and securely to my Pendleton Ashwell bike, popped my Samsung S4 mobile into the main pocket and some emergency cash into the slip pocket. My daughter and I set off on our journey to the Transport Museum, where we like to sit outside and have a picnic.

After having our sandwiches and tea, the heavens opened. We packed up quickly and got ready to head home (35 minute bike ride away). I popped the rain cover over the bag and hoped that my phone would be okay.

35 extremely soggy minutes later, we arrived home, soaked right through. I tentaviely opened up this little bag and discovered that my phone and the emergency cash were both bone dry.

I thoroughly recommend this absolute bargain. It stayed upright on my travels and kept my phone dry. It is comfortable to cycle with. For just over £5, you cannae beat it!

Apollo 5-Tier Chrome Saucepan Stand
Apollo 5-Tier Chrome Saucepan Stand
Offered by MMP Living

1.0 out of 5 stars FAR TOO SMALL FOR A STANDARD PAN SET, 16 Feb. 2015
This stand is not big enough for a standard set of pans. I had measured the diameter of my largest pot and it should have fitted on the bottom shelf. With a bit of coaxing, I got it in there. However, there was no way the lid was going in there as well.

Contacted the seller and they wanted to charge a re-stocking fee as well as me having to pay the postage to return. Decided that it wouldn't be worth the hassle and gave the stand away to my son's girlfriend who has a small collection of smaller, odd pots.

Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars great service from seller, 16 Feb. 2015
Purchased for my daughter's birthday - she is delighted with this. Prompt delivery and product as described (brand new, sealed). Can recommend the seller and the game - per my daughter.

Cafédirect Fairtrade Espresso Vivo Coffee Pods (6x10 Pack) (Nespresso® Machine Compatible)

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed and not good value, 2 Feb. 2015
I am very disappointed with this coffee. Being new to Nespresso, I have purchased one of the official starter packs that samples just about all of their coffees and they are far superior to this brand.

I bought a couple of types of these while they were on a lightning deal.

If you drink a "short" coffee, they are bearable. However, I like an Americano (one large shot of hot water and one of coffee) using these pods to make that drinks results in something that tastes like I imagine dishwater to taste like.

I have tried sneaking it to the rest of the family who like lattes and capuccinos and they are not impressed either.

Very much a false economy and I will stick with the Nespresso pods to have an enjoyable coffee.

Will not be buying again.

Cafédirect Fairtrade Peruvian Spirit Coffee Pods (6x10 Pack) (Nespresso® Machine-Compatible)

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 2 Feb. 2015

I bought a couple of types of these while they were on a lightning deal.

Will not be buying again.

Churchill's Forest Tin with Jelly Babies and Jelly Beans 300 g
Churchill's Forest Tin with Jelly Babies and Jelly Beans 300 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tin, shame about the contents., 22 Dec. 2014
As stated by other reviewers, this tin is gorgeous. I just need to decide what I am going to store in it.

Shame about the sweets as they are awful.

Worthwhile purchase just for the tin. Delighted with that.

Stainless Steel GOLD BALL Labret Lip Piercing Stud Monroe Tragus Helix Cheek (1.2mm (16g), 6 MM)
Offered by Vault 101 Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - just what I was looking for., 22 Dec. 2014
Being a mature lady with a single cartlidge piercing at the top of one ear, I was looking for something tasteful and pretty to wear on a daily basis with the plain yellow gold hoops I generally wear to work. This really fits the bill.

It is small, but not so small that it is un-noticable. Its really lovely and the length is perfect as well.

Next day delivery too - very impressed.

Hope and Greenwood Afternoon Tea Sweets Box
Hope and Greenwood Afternoon Tea Sweets Box

2.0 out of 5 stars not much for your money, 22 Dec. 2014
I am extremely disappointed with this purchase. 250g of boiled sweets for a fiver! Bought as an extra for my husband's Christmas as he has previously enjoyed this brand of sweets (at a much lower cost)

I can only assume that due to the success of the recent TV programe, that prices have been inflated.

I hope they taste amazing.

Three Stars Cartilage / Tragus Upper Ear Earring Ring Bar
Three Stars Cartilage / Tragus Upper Ear Earring Ring Bar
Offered by Assortment Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, but not as pictured, 18 Dec. 2014
The picture implies that this is curved - its not! However, it is very pretty and very substantial.

OXO Good Grips Over the Door Folding Valet
OXO Good Grips Over the Door Folding Valet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 18 Dec. 2014
Seems to tip up at the front if there are insufficient items hanging from it. Rather disappointed, but I threw out the packaging, so I'm stuck with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18