Profile for Big Mama > Reviews

Content by Big Mama

Big Mama "BM" (Glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Someet Womens Summer Cycling Jersey Short Sleeve - Breathable Shirts Comfortable 3D Cushion Quick Dry Ladies Cycle Clothing - Road & Mountain Bike Clothes White Black Pink
Offered by Cubo Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely jersey - very small sizing, 30 Jun. 2016
only womens cycling jersey:

Very pretty jersey and very fitted. Even though size XL was ordered, I would suggest that this is equal to a ladies Size 12 – hardly XL.

My daughter is now the owner of this short sleeved jersey and she is pleased with it. It is, as stated previously, very fitted with stretch side panels that also seem to be breathable.

The bottom of the jersey has that finish that makes sure the jersey stays in place while bent over a bike while cycling. The pockets on the back are always a nice touch and this one is no exception.

The zipper moves smoothly and is covered. The top of the zip has a covering to avoid any rubbing at the neck.

This jersey was purchased at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review. If they actually made them in bigger sizes, I would be happy to buy one for myself (as an overweight beginner cyclist).

My only criticism would be the aforementioned sizing – what is wrong with the good old fashioned 10, 12, 14 etc that we are all used to?

Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick-started weight loss., 30 Jun. 2016
Aloe Vera Cleanse & Detox (60 Capsules) Plus Raspberry Ketone Blast (60 Capsules)(Bundle Deal) By Natural Answers:

I cannot say if it is a "placebo effect" or just the pills working, but after having stalled my weight loss progress for a couple of weeks, it has now been kick started again.

My weight had stuck at a certain point and I was getting very frustrated with my lack of progress. Enter these wonder capsules! I take one of each in the morning and one of each in the evening and have found that I am not craving snacks so much.

The net effect of this is that I have lost 3.5lbs in the week since I started taking these. Needless to say, I am delighted.

I would not hesitate to recommend these and I will certainly be topping up my supply when these are done. Even at full price, they are good value as many other brands are a lot more expensive.

I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review - I am honestly really pleased to be losing weight again and long may it continue!

Art Naturals Argan Oil Leave in Conditioner / Moisturizer 12 oz | Best Treatment for Dry, Damaged & Colored Hair | Deep Conditioning Repair Cream Leaving Hair Sleek & Shiny For All Hair Types ...
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Silky soft hair, 30 Jun. 2016

I love Argan Oil products and have a lot of them. I was keen to try out this option for a leave in conditioner. I particularly love this brand.

After washing and conditioning my hair as normal, I towel dried it then applied two squirts of the conditioner to my hands. After rubbing my hands together, I then applied the conditioner to my hair. It smells really nice.

I omitted my normal serum and styling product so that I was giving the conditioner a fair trial. I have to say that I am really pleased with how this worked on my hair.

After blow drying my hair, it is sitting much better than it normally does. There is no frizz and my hair does not look overloaded with product like you can sometimes end up with.

This might look quite pricey initially, but there is a lot in the bottle and it will allow me to eliminate two products from my shelf. So, I am happy.

I did receive this product at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I will be purchasing this again when my supply is running low.
Comment Comment | Permalink

InstaNatural Argan Oil Hair Mask - Best Conditioner Treatment for Soft & Silky Hair - With Organic Argan Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Vitamin B5 & Green Tea - Provides Deep Moisture - 8 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and smells great, 28 Jun. 2016
Art Naturals Argan Oil Hair Mask, Deep Conditioner 236ml, 100% Organic Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera & Keratin, Repair Dry, Damaged Or Color Treated Hair After Shampoo, Best For All Hair Types - Sulfate Free

I love Argan Oil products! This is a great deep conditioner and I will continue to use this on a weekly basis.

The smell is lovely and I only need to use a little of this to condition my medium length hair. This will also be great to use after dyeing my hair.

This product was purchased at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I think this conditioner is great value even at full price and I will certainly buy again!

Art Naturals Argan Oil Daily Hair Conditioner 473ml - Sulfate Free - Best Treatment for Damaged & Dry Hair - Made with Organic Ingredients & Keratin - For All Hair Types - Safe for Color Treated Hair
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up my hair colour., 28 Jun. 2016

I love Argan Oil products and seem to be making it my mission to try them all out.

This conditioner is really good. I have been using it for a few days now and can really see an improvement in my hair. It is softer shinier and the colour (obtained from a bottle) is more vibrant.

Although this is probably quite expensive for a bottle of hair conditioner, it really is good value. A little goes a long way.

This spreads through my hair really easily and smells very nice. The odour is not overwhelming and will not clash with any other products you may decide to use.

I did receive this product at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review. I am really pleased with this conditioner and will purchase again when my supply is running low.

Premium Travel Mug by Interflask - Insulated Leakproof Vacuum Flask that Keeps Your Coffee Hot for Hours
Offered by TG Enterprises UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fantastic - highly recommended!, 26 Jun. 2016
Premium Travel Mug - Insulated Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask that Keeps Your Coffee Hot for Hours - One Hand Operation with Spill Proof Safety Lock:

I had been eyeing up this flask for a couple of days, trying to decide if it was overkill wanting to take coffee with me on my bike rides.

A couple of extremely cold and wet rides later, I made the decision that I did indeed want this flask, thinking that a nice warm cup of coffee would be ideal for thawing me out after cycling about in the cold, damp Scottish weather.

By pure co-incidence, I noticed that this flask was potentially available to me at a discounted price if I promised to give it an honest review. I didn’t need to be offered twice. I quickly registered my interest and was selected to receive the flask at a reduced price.

At 4:30pm, I filled the flask with two cups worth of my favourite Nespresso coffee with the intention of taking it with me at 6pm when I went by car to pick up my son and husband from work. As I was sitting in the car park awaiting my passengers, I started sipping my coffee. Wow, that was hot! Even me, who loves really hot food and drink, was finding this very acceptable.

I was still drinking my really hot cup of coffee at 8pm! The temperature did not seem to have dropped at all.
My son decided he would try out the leakproof claim by clicking the lock into place then proceeding to rotate the flask in all directions while shaking it. Nothing leaked out. When the lid was then opened, there was no evidence that any coffee had been in the drinking area.

I am very impressed. My son has asked me to buy him one for taking in his backpack when walking into university. My daughter is also looking for one to also use while cycling.

I am very happy to buy these at full price as the product is excellent.

I highly recommend this flask for all sorts of uses where you may be concerned about spillage.

I hope this review has been helpful.

Egg Rings,Silivo 3.8" Silicone Nonstick Ring Mould Round Cooking Egg Fried Oven Poacher Pancake Omelets Mold(3-pack)
Offered by Black Stone UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but might get there, 20 Jun. 2016
Silivo 3.8" Silicone Egg Ring Nonstick Round Cooking Mold for Pancake Omelets and More-Orange (3-pack)

I have to say that I am a little disappointed with these egg rings. They arrived rather squashed and as a consequence of this, they do not sit flat in my pan.

This then results in egg running under the rings and this means that I still am unable to present or enjoy a perfectly formed fried egg. However, I can just lift the egg ring quickly and easily from the pan without it sticking at all.

I am hopeful that continued washing in really hot water and then placing the rings around a suitable sized glass to dry will result in me have the perfect circle to allow me to fry the elusive perfectly shaped egg.

Fingers crossed…

I purchased these egg rings at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I hope you have found the above information to be of use to you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2016 8:33 AM BST

Vacuum Storage Bags; Stronger, Higher Quality Space Savers, 110 MICRON, 5pack (2 Large & 3 XL). Makes Saving Space Easy! Pack, Store & Protect Clothing, Bedding & Luggage. Buy 2 Today for FREE DELIVERY!
Offered by Oakhill Enterprises

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 20 Jun. 2016
Vacuum Storage Bags - 110 Micron, 5pack (2 Large & 3 XL)

Keen to declutter the tiny flat he shares with his girlfriend, my son had asked me to keep an eye out for offers on this type of storage bag.

He was very pleased when I presented him with these extremely high quality vacuum storage bags and has already put them to good use.

These have enabled him and his girlfriend to pack away winter clothing for the summer months and will work the other way around come winter time.

Two happy youngsters, well on their way to de-cluttering their home.

These bags were purchased at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I hope you have found this helpful.

ZYSUN Women's Fashion Shoulder Bags Nylon Crossbody Bags Casual Messenger Bags UKNB-601N(Black)
Offered by sunny7days

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't miss the monkey, 19 Jun. 2016
ZYSUN Women's Fashion Shoulder Bags Nylon Crossbody Bags Casual Messenger Bags UKNB-601N(Black or nude)

It was with some trepidation that I ordered this bag, but I am really glad that I did.

Normally a devoted fan of the monkey keychain found on the branded version of this style of bag, I had become disenchanted of late with my purchases of that brand and had returned them to the seller.

This more realistically priced version seems to only be missing the aforementioned monkey keychain. Other than that, the quality is just as good, if not better.

There are sufficient pockets in this bag to organise and hold my day to day requirements. There are five zipped pockets on the outside and the usual two dookets inside, along with another zipped pocket. The large main compartment has a zip closing as well.

The shoulder strap is approximately 1 inch wide and is long enough to wear cross-body style even by the larger lady like myself.

All in all, I am really pleased with this bag and will be using it on a daily basis to and from work.

I have to say that I have not yet tried it out in the heavy Glasgow rain, but I am hopeful that this will stand up better to the rain than my recent branded purchases.

I did purchase this bag at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review. I hope you have found this useful.

ISA Professional Titanium Hair Straighteners Digital Flat iron 1 Inch Red 2 Year Warranty
Offered by ISA Professional

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the well known brand, 19 Jun. 2016
Titanium Flat Iron Digital Hair Straightener by Isa Professional 1 Inch 2 Year Warranty

The first thing that stuck me about these Hair Straighteners was how sleek and shiny they looked. My next instinct was that if they looked that good, the performance would not be great – this was not the case.

Three heat settings for different thickness of hair means that these are kinder to fine hair than other brands of straighteners.

I found that they heated up really quickly and did an excellent job of straightening my thick hair. I started with the middle heat setting and thought that worked well for me. In only two “passes”, my hair was silky smooth and shiny.

I am delighted with this product which I purchased at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review.

I was looking for a second set of straighteners that I could leave in work to use after cycling in in the morning and showering on site. These have more than met my expectations and I would happily pay full price for another set if my home, well known brand of straighteners ever stopped working.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20