Profile for Familycook > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Santa and Snowman - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Santa and Snowman - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says ..., 16 Jan. 2016
Hassle free to order and print.

100 Bright & Colourful Granny Squares to Mix & Match
100 Bright & Colourful Granny Squares to Mix & Match
by Leonie Morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good features, but marred by the yarn used, 22 Oct. 2015
There are indeed 100 squares and two different colourways are suggested for each as well as a third square as a slight pattern variation of the original. There is a section at the beginning with well-illustrated guides to the basic stitches, guidance on reading patterns and charts, and the thing I liked best, a short section on working with colour. For each square pattern, yarn requirements, in metres and yards, are given for throws in three sizes from baby to bed. This would be really useful if they were not using Aran/10 ply and a 5 mm crochet hook - I wanted to work in double knitting. There are a few projects scattered throughout the book, but again they are all worked in thick wool. They look really beautiful and are quite inspiring, but the thick yarn used throughout has deterred me from attempting anything from this book yet. All squares and projects are graded for difficulty level, which could be useful.
This is a pretty book which could be perfect for some people, but for me there are better books out there. "Granny Squares" by Susan Pinner gets my vote!

The Complete Stitch Directory: Knitting, Crochet, Embroidery and Needlepoint
The Complete Stitch Directory: Knitting, Crochet, Embroidery and Needlepoint
by Patsy (editor) North

5.0 out of 5 stars Needlewoman's/man's Bible, 22 Oct. 2015
This is a fantastic book which covers all the stitches you will ever need for knitting, crochet, embroidery, needlepoint ... All stitches are very clearly illustrated and instructions are easy to follow. Highly recommended - just browsing through it inspires you to get stitching.

Carissima Gold 9 ct Yellow Gold 4 mm Round Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings
Carissima Gold 9 ct Yellow Gold 4 mm Round Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely earrings, 15 Aug. 2015
These are very pretty earrings and just the right size so that the CZ could be mistaken for diamonds. Good for everyday wear or a special occasion.

Morphy Richards Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 L - Silver
Morphy Richards Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 L - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars An appliance you will use often, 29 Dec. 2014
Great slow cooker with the capacity to cook a whole duck with ease. Three heat levels gives complete flexibility.

Stainless Steel Swivel Snap Hook 100mm
Stainless Steel Swivel Snap Hook 100mm
Offered by Westward Rope and Wire

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy, 7 July 2014
The best thing I have purchased this year! I struggled for a couple of years with an awkward hook on my hound's collar, but since he is such a big strong dog, I was reluctant to trust any of the standard-sized snap hooks that are so readily available. This monster fits the bill and seemed to be the only one on the market of this size. It is strong and easy to use, without being too heavy a drag for the dog. It is showing no signs of weakness yet and I hope it will stay secure for many years to come.

Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Green
Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Green
Offered by TODO! TODO!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 Jun. 2014
This was my second attempt at an iPod and I really did not like it. I hated the fact that you are restricted to the Apple istore which I found more complicated than the Windows system. Also I am keen on classical music and I could not find the choices I wanted in the istore. However, I did purchase some music but I did not find the iPod that intuitive to use and I could not load my music on to it. Amazon was great in giving me a no-quibble refund when I sent it back on the grounds that I could not use it - or was it even working? Probably my ineptitude as I am a little bit of a luddite, but I am now happily settled with a Sony Walkman that is a doddle to use and cost a fraction of the iPod price.
I have to say that I buy with confidence from Amazon because they are so quick to sort out any problems.

iGadgitz Green Glossy Durable Crystal Gel Skin (TPU) Case Cover for Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation 7G 16GB + Screen Protector

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 3 Jun. 2014
This was cheap and it looks it. However, it did the job for the limited amound ot time I kept my iPod.

The Armed Man (A Mass for Peace): Benedictus
The Armed Man (A Mass for Peace): Benedictus

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Can't Get it Out of My Head, 3 Jun. 2014
Fantastic - one of the nicest pieces on Karl Jenkins' "The Armed Man". Be warned though, you will have it going round in your head all day!

The Armed Man (A Mass for Peace): X. Agnus Dei
The Armed Man (A Mass for Peace): X. Agnus Dei

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version, 3 Jun. 2014
There must be hundreds of composers who have written music for "Agnus Dei", but in my opinion, Karl Jenkins' is by far the most enjoyable. This is a good recording of a beautifully written piece.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4