Profile for R. BRAMBLE > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
GENUINE ACER LITEON LAPTOP CHARGER FOR PART NO ADP-65MH, ADP-65VH B G92
GENUINE ACER LITEON LAPTOP CHARGER FOR PART NO ADP-65MH, ADP-65VH B G92

5.0 out of 5 stars Job Done., 1 May 2014
Once I'd identified that the power supply had failed, this was very cheap and was sent to me very quickly!

Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger
Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger

5.0 out of 5 stars Imposing!, 1 May 2014
This is an imposing device. It comes in two parts and you'll screw the handle to the plunger part. And then you can get to work! I suppose there's a bit of a technique to this and I should tell you that there are no instructions. But, depending on your blockage, you can probably just get to work!

My blockage involves the u-bend of the toilet as well as a right angled turn into the stack, and my blockage seemed to be into the right angled turn. I tried bleach (lots), caustic soda, hot water and a flexible wire that had difficulty getting past the u bend and on past the right angled turn. Short of dynamite, nothing else seemed to work. Until this Toilet Plunger.

A few plunges, and I was done! I also filled the bowl up with hot water just to give the plunger some ammo to work with.

Belkin Charge with Sync Dock/AUX Port for iPhone 5 and 5s
Belkin Charge with Sync Dock/AUX Port for iPhone 5 and 5s
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly as a bedside charge\stand, 30 Nov 2013
I also own the Belkin Charge stand without the AUX port. But I recently developed tinnitus that would keep me up at night. I needed to listen to something to distract me from the tinnitus without waking my wife up. The other Belkin Charge stand that I own obscures the headphone port at the bottom of the iPhone 5 and so I couldn't use my pillow speaker.

The answer was to get the Belkin Charge with AUX Port. And it's worked out well! Bear in mind, as others have said, that you'll need to use your own Lightning cable and USB charger that came with your iPhone. And now:

* iPhone charges by my bedside!

* I can turn it on its side and watch a movie, or play a restful screensaver!

* I leave my Pillow Speaker plugged into the dock. If I want to listen to music whilst iPhone is docked, this is output to my Pillow Speaker!

* If I set an alarm, it goes off in the morning, playing through the iPhone's speaker!

I'm very pleased.

Clarks Desert Boot Desert Boots Mens Black (Black Sde) Size: 11 (46 EU)
Clarks Desert Boot Desert Boots Mens Black (Black Sde) Size: 11 (46 EU)
Offered by Clarks

4.0 out of 5 stars My third Desert Boot (two were from other brands), 31 May 2013
I'm going to try to combine my views of the three different Desert Boots I've owned over the past couple of years. I've bought these boots as my 'walking to work' boots. I walk about 3.5 miles a day in these, Monday to Friday. I hope this will help you in deciding what to buy...

My first Desert Boot was a Hush Puppies variant. It was well made and very comfortable - the most comfortable of the three, though to my mind, they weren't the best looking of the three. These lasted about a year. They are still around and still look cool. They work, it's just that the sole is now a bit too thin for walking and there's now a lot less grip in the rain.

So my second Desert Boot was bought on Amazon and it was a cheaper variant. A non-branded affair that didn't fit as well as the Hush Puppies but was half the price. But they looked OK. Sadly, within 4 months, they were taking on water as the soles split and the heels developed a grid-like series of holes.

So I had to pit stop into a Clarks Shop to buy these Clarks Desert Boots. I've just bought these (like 4 days ago) so these are my initial thoughts. I promise to come back and let you know about wear and tear. But these Clarks are in my opinion the best looking Deset Boots, from almost any angle. But they aren't the most comfortable. The uppers and soles of the Hush Puppies are far and away more comfortable. In addition, the backs of the Clarks are quite rigid and likewise the top edge of the back of the boot, such that as I walk, they dig into the backs of my legs. But, after 4 days, they are starting to yield...

In summary then:
For style: I reckon it's the Clarks.
For comfort: The Hush Puppies.
For Value for Money: Well, it's not the cheapos that I bought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 10:54 AM BST

Mens Classic Black Suede Desert Boots UK 11
Mens Classic Black Suede Desert Boots UK 11
Offered by EA DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 31 May 2013
These Desert Boot variants are OK for style. I bought a size 11 but these came up small, and rather like a 10.5. I'm rubbish at bothering to send things back so I thought I'd break them in, and after a while of doing lots of walking, they did break in and became relatively comfy.

Sadly, you get what you pay for. 4 months later, the soles are cracked. The heels now have multiple holes in them. You know, they are more like a grid rather than holes, where you can see how they built up the sole. Still, I carried on with them as my general purpose walking shoes. Until the winter rains kicked off again at the end of May and water went straight to my feet. I have to compare these with the Hush Puppies Desert Boots I brought before these. They were twice the price of these but they are still around. The soles are thinner on the Hush Puppies, but then I've had them over a year. And they don't leak.

So, should you buy these?
+ Maybe get the next size up?
+ I reckon they'll be good for occasional wear
- But if you want them to be a durable pair that you always use, perhaps not

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa! Where did that extra volume come from?, 19 April 2013
I had a Sony Bluetooth headphone unit that came with its own eardphones. Those Sony earphones were, I suppose, a cheap pair that were bundled with the bluetooth unit and they were OK and just about loud enough. Bass was always a little lacking though. Until I plugged in these E10 earphones into the Bluetooth unit.

Now I hear bass and all sorts of other ranges that I never heard on the Sony ears. I now have more volume (about 25% more) than I got out of the old earphones. My iTunes library sounds brand new again. And now, I don't know (or care) where my old Sony earphones are.

Duronic ST12B 2m 12 Way Surge Tower Extension Lead Socket
Duronic ST12B 2m 12 Way Surge Tower Extension Lead Socket
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars This works well enough although the design could do with a rethink, 19 April 2013
This works well enough although the design could do with a rethink. It's a bit plasticky and ugly. Still, it works fine. It's behind a monitor and is not really visible and it sorts out my plugs and chargers situation. There's surge protection too. Or there's a red light that says that there is surge protection.

Good value for the money.

Grunwerg Vacuum Food Pod Flask, Black, 0.4 litre
Grunwerg Vacuum Food Pod Flask, Black, 0.4 litre
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Pod that's good for food or drink, 19 April 2013
It's a cool, well designed flask that keeps food hot! I've stored hot soup in it and found that, some four hours later, the soup was still piping hot. Which, I suppose, it what it's designed for, so that's OK.

I had Grunwerg's smaller 0.2 litre drinks flask that worked just as well, although it was a little too small. It and I got into an impact where the outer skin got dented. After that, it wouldn't keep things hot any more. So, look after this one!

Thermaltake Dr Power II PSU Tester ATX2.3 LCD Display
Thermaltake Dr Power II PSU Tester ATX2.3 LCD Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it the power supply, or the motherboard that's blown?, 19 Mar 2013
This worked to answer the age-old question - is it the power supply, or the motherboard that's blown? In the past, I've hooked up a spare power supply to see. But nowadays with so many different types of power supply connectors in use, this is far easier...!

Marathon Berkeley Stripe 5 Pair Pack Sock Men's Socks multicolored One Size
Marathon Berkeley Stripe 5 Pair Pack Sock Men's Socks multicolored One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars A good set of quality socks, 19 Mar 2013
A good set of quality socks. I can never work out how socks can be one-size but these fit my plates of meat well - I'm a size 11.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5