Profile for Sofia > Reviews

Content by Sofia

Sofia "Riyadh"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Kaspersky Pure Total Security (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Pure Total Security (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific - The best product on the market by far, 6 Nov 2010
I've always used McAfee and Norton in the past but they haven't always been great for one reason or another.

But this one is great and is far better than McAfee and Norton in my opinion. It was very easy to install and provides you with complete assurance that you will be fully protected from unknown threats when surfing the web, banking online, shopping and etc.

Kaspersky pure has additional features such as parental control, data back-up to secure valuable information/files, system tune up, encryption, virtual keyboard, password manager, which is beneficial to everyone; from families to individuals who work from home.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My son simply loves these trainers, 6 Nov 2010
I got these trainers for my son as a reward before his school finished for the summer holidays. His reasoning for a five star rating is because the trainers are very comfortable and lightweight so you can run very fast when playing, would not hurt your feet when playing for a long time, looks superb in purple, and easy to tie up the laces.

He also commented on the fact that he got loads of compliments from his friends and would recommend these trainers to any young child who in interested in trainers, and because Messi the footballer wears them. My son also stated that these trainers would also be a good present to receive on any boys birthday or celebration.

Understanding Maths: Fractions (Series of 9): KS2, Years 3 - 6
Understanding Maths: Fractions (Series of 9): KS2, Years 3 - 6
by Steve Mills

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers the basic fundamentals to understanding fractions, good for KS2, 3 Nov 2010
This book is of use to parents who want to ensure that their child has fully grasped the basic fundamentals about fractions and how to work them out.

There are some good examples and questions for your child to work through. However, it would have been even better if there were more questions for the child to work on or that you could use as a refresher every now and again to ensure that the working out process is not forgotten.

I recommend that this book can be used from year 3 onwards. Some children may need more complex fraction problems when in year 5 and 6 to challenge themselves more as I know that I definitely will need to for my son as his already grasped what is covered in this book. My son seems to favour maths over English at the minute, his answer is maths is straight forward once you understand the rules whereas English is just about words and words that never end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2011 8:58 PM GMT

Dr Browns Natural Flow 240ml BPA Free Four Pack
Dr Browns Natural Flow 240ml BPA Free Four Pack
Offered by MUST PERFUMES

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a bottle that my baby likes..., 3 Nov 2010
I was so exhausted by the trial and error process that I had to undergo with my second baby when he would not take milk from any bottles because he would either get colicky or he disliked the teat. I never had that much of a problem with my first child with whom I used Avant milk bottles. But then again he didn't take to breastfeeding that well and preferred the bottle from the start. Whereas, with my second one I had breastfeed him up until 7 months and then needed to wean him off as I was returning back to work.

It was only with Dr Brown bottles and teats that he would take his formula milk and not have any problems with being too gassy, windy or colicky. I think the Dr Brown teats are softer and bottle mechanism mimics breastfeeding experience the closest.

However, the only gripes that I have with this brand are: there are a lot of bits and pieces to wash before sterilising, more expensive and it tends to leak. The latter I don't have much of an issue with now as I use the feeder stopper when preparing the milk so it hardly ever leaks now.

But these gripes of mine are minor and pale in comparison to the benefits these milk bottles provide for my son. As I have a mantra; 'A happy baby makes a happy mummy, a grumpy, sad baby makes a even grumpier, sadder mummy'.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)
Offered by babydepot

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Especially useful for the first six months, 3 Nov 2010
This is great for carrying your baby without hurting your back and you being hands free. I used this sling/carrier quite a lot indoors when my baby needed comforting or would not stop crying in the first three months of his life unless he was held. But I couldn't just carry him and not do anything else so I used this sling/carrier a lot so that I could deal with other stuff that needed attention or doing around the home.

I also used this sling/carrier a lot outdoors too i.e. sometimes when it was not convenient to take the buggy out or when I made journeys on local transport during certain times in the day.

Moreover, I have tried many carriers/slings beside baby Bjorn, but I have always returned back to this brand as it does what is supposed to i.e. provides good support for your back, good comfort and bonding time between the baby and parent, and you are able to multi-task well (carry the baby and get on with other things that require your attention).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars In one simple word 'Brillant', 3 Nov 2010
A brilliant car seat cannot fault it in anyway; robust, very comfy for the little one, easy to fit into the car, looks fab, and good value for money (9 months up to 11/12 years). In addition to all of that, it is also equipped with a little alarm/tune that it makes when the seatbelt/harness is unfastened. This is a good facet in my opinion, just in case your little one or your older child tries to unfasten the seatbelt/harness without you knowing.

Another plus thing for me is that my 10 1/2 month old simply loves it and does not want to get out, which is a blessing in disguise considering that we need to make many road trips for one reason or another i.e. work, shopping, dropping off my older child to all his out of school activities, visiting family and friends.

Gregg's Favourite Puddings
Gregg's Favourite Puddings
by Gregg Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars 120 recipes for all self-confessed sweet tooth addicts :-), 1 Nov 2010
I did hesitate when buying this book, thinking I've always seen Gregg on Masterchef enjoy the desserts but never seen him actually cook or bake anything on national tv. Maybe I'm wrong and he has but I have not seen him.

To my surprise I found this book to be filled with glorious cakes, mousses, tarts, cheesecakes, flans and puddings that would cater for all moods and occasions. Some of the recipes would make you feel nostalgic and think that is just how mum or my Nan use to make it. Whilst other recipes would make you salivate as you can't wait to tuck into such a dessert, for me it's the panna cotta with blueberry compote, little mocha pots, and chocolate fudge cake......mmmmmm yum yum.

This book is definitely for the self-confessed sweet tooth addicts like me ;-)

Grandma's Best Recipes
Grandma's Best Recipes

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like Grandma used to make ...., 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Grandma's Best Recipes (Hardcover)
The intention of this book is to evocate memories from your childhood by providing you with an array of recipes that you may have grown up, eaten as comfort food, or when you tried something adventurous or treats given by your grandma. Whilst, in my case, my foodie memories lie firmly with my mum, dad, aunty and nan as they had their own version of comfort food that they would prepare for me if ever I was feeling sad.

The recipes in this book are split into sections;

Comfort food - cream of chicken soup, roast chicken, beef stew with herb dumplings, steak and kidney pie, Shepherd's pie, macaroni cheese
Grandma's travels - spaghetti bolognese, lasagne al forno, chicken kiev,
Grandma's festive fare - chicken liver pate, roast turkey with stuffing, festive beef wellington, perfect roast potatoes,
Grandma's just desserts - lattice cherry pie, pear and pecan strudel, rhubarb crumble, bread and butter pudding, black forest gateau, traditional tiramisu,
Grandma's baking day - victoria sponge cake, lemon drizzle cake, apple streusel cake, coffee and walnut cake, and marbled chocolate and orange teabread
And many more delightful recipes.

By making some of these recipes will definitely take you back to a favourite time in your childhood and make you remember that it was just how grandma/mum used to make it. For me, it mostly the desserts and cake recipes in this book that take me back to my childhood and I am now making them for my children, so they too can have fond memories.

The Lost Daughter
The Lost Daughter
by Diane Chamberlain

5.0 out of 5 stars From the first page I became drawn into the story, and did not want to put the book down, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Lost Daughter (Paperback)
The story line is great as it has loads of suspense, unexpected twists and turns that evolve round CeeCee, Tim, a missing baby and the death of woman all because of a miscued kidnapping and deceit.

I love the way the author had incorporated letters from CeeCee's late mother with each chapter. It reminded a little about the novel and movie `PS I love You', when the husband had left letters for his wife after his unfortunate demise to help her to move on with her life.

This is definitely gets the thumbs up from me.

Leiths Baking Bible
Leiths Baking Bible
by Fiona Burrell

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love baking then this is a book that you must own, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Leiths Baking Bible (Hardcover)
This book has a splendid collection of recipes that you would like to bake from. It also contains key info on the processes, techniques and do's and don'ts of baking i.e. not to over mix your muffin mixture, which is essential when you want to ensure that what you bake is divinely scrumptious.

It is a book that I refer to often when baking muffins or cakes for my home, kiddie's parties or school fetes. To date ( 2 1/2 years later) I have received nothing but good compliments when I bake from this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8