Profile for krg > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Can You Escape Ads Free
Can You Escape Ads Free

1.0 out of 5 stars crashed my kindle fire, 28 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Can You Escape Ads Free (App)
Tried to download this ro my kindle fire this morning as it was free app of the day - it crashed my kindle and it wouldn't reboot until I archived it on the computer - not going to risk trying again!

Bubble Breaker Pro
Bubble Breaker Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars it really is that bad!, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bubble Breaker Pro (App)
I read the other reviews and thought it can't be that bad surely?
I am not a serious gamer, I love games like Tetris and other bubble popping games that can kill a few minutes whilst drinking a cup of coffee.
However this is truly awful. The second picture at the top is, unfortunately, a very good indication of what the game looks like.
Seriously do not waste your time!

The Wicked Lady Next Door
The Wicked Lady Next Door

2.0 out of 5 stars frustrating!, 8 April 2012
I would give this book 3 stars for the first half but then it feels like the author needed to finish it in a bit of a hurry so my rating then drops - if I could give it 1 1/2 I would've done.
The most annoying thing about this is it is SO badly checked (if it has been at all) 'Packed' does not mean the same as 'parked' 'safe' is not 'save' 'halve' should be 'half and so on..........but it took a while to work out 'seats' should be 'sits' which just meant having to re-read bits over again to make sense of them.
Proof read this would've made a much better story but still not great.

The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted: A Psychological Thriller
The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted: A Psychological Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 3 April 2012
Finished reading this in a couple of days and thought it was a very well written book that keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what will happen next.
The story follows Patrick who is a reporter looking into the disappearence and murder of a 3 year old boy several years ago in a small town. The trouble is, it's the sort of town where everyone knows everybody else's business and it's not long before it seems like someone is trying to stop him from finding out the truth.
There are also flashbacks to Patrick's unhappy childhood, which doesn't help him to trust anyone now.
The ending is quite unexpected - I did wonder if it might be earlier in the book but it still came as a surprise in the way it's told.
The only thing I was a bit disappointed by was I thought he should have visited one of the characters again at the end but doesn't seem to do so.....other than that I would highly recommend downloading it as soon as possible!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 10:48 AM BST

"He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there!" - Football's Funniest Quotes
"He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there!" - Football's Funniest Quotes

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant...........laugh out loud funny, 26 Mar. 2012
I got this as it was free but it is worth spending money on.
I'm glad I was reading this on my own as my family would've thought I'd gone mad - I was laughing out loud at lots of the quotes. Yes there's a fair few that we've all heard before but lots that I certainly hadn't.
A great compilation that is a must have for any football fan!

Replay
Replay

4.0 out of 5 stars Opens your eyes, 23 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Replay (Kindle Edition)
This is a very well written book that is an enjoyable read.
Cara was a teenager who had it all - great friends, cute boyfriend and a promising athletic career ahead of her. That was until a routine operation goes wrong and she dies for 42 seconds.
What follows is her reassessing all that had been important to her and why it was, and her previous behaviour towards others.
This is the sort of book that you would like any teenager that has got a bit too big for their boots to read and hopefully be able to relate to!

Crime Stories
Crime Stories

3.0 out of 5 stars worth getting, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Crime Stories (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this when it was free and even though it is a collection of previously unpublished/rejected stories with a few extras thrown in, I was glad I had got it. Okay some of the stories aren't great but this is worth reading just for the Cozy vs Hardboiled? debate (which was laugh out load funny) and Could Stephanie Plum get Car Insurance? The spammers beware was funny too (but possibly better as Konrath himself says without the last page)
Not the best collection ever but the gems inside make it worthwhile taking time for.

With A Twist - A Lt. Jack Daniels Locked Room Mystery Short Story (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, 8 Mar. 2012
Jack Daniels + locked room mystery = very good read!
A man has supposedly commited suicide by falling from a great height in his living room. How is this possible and can they solve his clues to find out?
Well worth reading.

Flee - A Thriller (Chandler Series #1) (The Codename: Chandler)
Flee - A Thriller (Chandler Series #1) (The Codename: Chandler)

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive thriller, 8 Mar. 2012
I downloaded and read Exposed in a couple of nights and checked my Kindle for other books by JA Konrath. I often download books when free/on special as I never know what I'll want to read next!
I was pleased to discover I owned Flee and my Kindle was pretty much glued to my hand as I read about Chandler's narrow escapes and difficult scenarios wondering where she was going to end up next, and who would be waiting for her when she got there.
The various twists and turns keep you turning the page until you get to the end...and leaves you wanting more.
A fantastic book, highly recommended.

Exposed (Codename: Chandler)
Exposed (Codename: Chandler)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thriller.......more Chandler please!, 8 Mar. 2012
I had just finished a book on the day I downloaded this and as it was a shorter novel I decided to read it next. What a very well written story it is!
Chandler is an elite agent that few people know about, and on the surface her new assignment seems straight forward:- remove a VIPs daughter from a model agency which is a front for a trafficking ring.
However once inside, things don't seem quite so simple and so begins an exciting and deadly chase where no-one is really sure who's on which side, and why the girl must be completely unharmed.....
Reading Flee by the same author first will give more background on Chandler but this works well as a stand alone story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5