Profile for green heat > Reviews

Content by green heat

green heat (Edinburgh Scotland)

Extreme G3
Extreme G3
Offered by konsolenkost

3.0 out of 5 stars feel the G-force, 12 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Extreme G3 (Video Game)
When I put it in the Gamecube and saw the starting sequence I thought what a good buy this was and I played it for almost 5 hours straight. I already had played it on the ps2 and thought it was a great game.
it took a little bit to get used to it but I had cracked the controls and the technique. after that I really could feel the speed as you shoot past the other competators and then finished first. Unfortunatly that didn't last. when you move up it is still quite easy to catch up with the other racers but now they use these stupid weapons which are the little bobbling mines which go across the track and are impossible to dodge at several hundred miles per hour. there are several dents in the walls of my room from flying controls and fists from losing because of stupid mines.
As normal I got bored and stuck so i got some cheats thinking I would ripe the paint off the other bikes as I went past at the speed of sound ,which is one of the best effects I have ever seen, but I kept falling off the track and exploding which added more dents to the wall.
I would give it
7/10 graphics
6/10 gameplay
3/10 longetivity
5/10 sound
6/10 overall
Fun for a while but gets frustrating and boring after a bit. A better game to rent rather than buy because it gets to repetative after a while.

Time Splitters 2 (GameCube)
Time Splitters 2 (GameCube)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great multiplayer, 12 April 2003
This is such a great game and if you want a game you can play with a bunch of mates then get this game!!! This has a marvolous multiplayer. Before I played this game I never new it would be so much fun running around a Mexican village or an aircraft hanger killing zombies, monkeys and other strange and normal (or at least as normal as you can get) things. Even if you on your own you can put yourself against as many as ten enemies. there are so many game types like a simple deathmatch or bag tag to flame tag wich can be very fun if you have a flaming alien charging at you.
this game isn't just about the multiplayer though because there is a storty mode but it is very short and there isn't the greatest storyline but at least some of the objectives are well thought out. In all the good FPS i've played they put a good memorable final level Like goldeneyes chasing or on perfect darks killing the skedars king but this one is almost to easy because all you you do is fight through the timesplitters (I think thats what they are called I never realy found out) then escape simply. luckily that isn't the only single player option because you also get to do arcade missions where you are trying to get either a bronze, silver, gold or if you do amazingly well you can get a platinum award. there are loads of these though because i've had this game about half a year now and i am only half way through them. you also get challenges one of them is like pac-man but with bananas and another is a stealth mission.
the graphics are well done because been made to look quite comic but the movements they make are really swift and not gearky the sounds are realy good because they aren't just a bang which is the same for every gun but they have individual sounds.
So over all this has one of the best multiplayers I have ever played and I suggest that you buy it just for that but if you are despeate for a game with a strong single player which you just want to sit down and try and complete a couple more levels of then I suggest you get something like medal of honour.