Profile for Miss Fitz > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Geared Anvil Secateurs
Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Geared Anvil Secateurs

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy?, 22 July 2014
These are certainly sharp enough out of the box - I'll come back on that after a summer of pruning. At the moment, they slice through quite thick stems effortlessly. I find them comfortable to hold and easy on the hand. The only dislike I have is the safety catch which is easy enough to slide open one-handed when in use but does have a tendency to slip closed again so that I think I'm not managing to cut the stem when ,in fact, all I need to do is take the catch off again. Apart from this, I like them. Just not convinced that the build of them is a really good quality.

DRAPER DIY BYPASS PATTERN GARDEN SECATEURS GARDENING SECATEUR 09711
DRAPER DIY BYPASS PATTERN GARDEN SECATEURS GARDENING SECATEUR 09711
Offered by PVR Direct
Price: 5.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Lady's choice., 22 July 2014
Very neat. A pretty little tool. I had read the reviews and knew it was small..I was still surprised by how small and I have small hands. For soft stemmed bushes it works a treat. Nice and sharp and a good price.

Remington NE5 Hygienic Clipper Nose Ear Hair Trimmer
Remington NE5 Hygienic Clipper Nose Ear Hair Trimmer
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying. It works, 21 July 2014
On the on line description it said this could be cleaned by washing. It can't. Certain models can but according to the information leaflet included, not this model. Annoying. It works, but not particularly well. A lot of patience required in order to achieve any result. All in all, not impressive

Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black PU Strap 4640.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, unfussy face, 18 April 2014
Bought the watch because the face seemed so clear and I struggle to read the time from most watches without my reading glasses. In a good light I can manage with this watch without the fumble in the handbag for glasses. It's a cheap watch and nobody is going to imagine those are diamonds around the face but for wearing doing housework or going to the park with the grandkids it is just fine. I had been interested in another, plainer watch (the 'diamonds' on this lost it a star) but a reviewer said that watch was the size of a 2 penny piece and I thought that might be a bit big. The face on this is 1 inch top to bottom and three quarter inch side to side which is just that bit smaller and suits my wrist. No problem with the strap so far and I've been wearing it for the past week. I would recommend.

Varilight LED Dimmer Switch - V-Pro Series, 1 Gang (Single), 1 or 2 Way, 400 Watt (Trailing Edge)
Offered by 1StopElectrics
Price: 15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 4 Jan 2014
We bought this for the kitchen when we changed to LED lights because we were told the one we had there would burn out if used with LEDs. I read a lot of reviews and several said the lights would not dimm properly. It's true they do not go as dimm as ordinary bulbs but the switch does work well enough for us. Depends what you want it for. It's a bog standard, plastic light switch at a sensible price that does the job. Oh, and since the electrician had long departed the scene by the time we got the switch, my husband fitted it himself, carefully following the wiring from the old switch. No problem.

Battery TEC 6-cell,Li-ion,11.10V,4400mAh,Replacement Laptop Battery for Dell Studio 1535, Studio 1536, Studio 1537, Studio 1555, Studio 1557, Studio 1558,This laptop battery can replace the following part numbers of Dell: 312-0701, A2990667, KM958, WU946 ''One Year Warranty; UK Stock; Fast Shipping''
Offered by B&D Distribution
Price: 27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 4 Jan 2014
It took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get it into position - there were no instructions on this because they obviously thought it was too obvious for words. To be fair, it probably is! A good look around your machine and you soon figure it out but I was panicking a bit so one star off for the lack of reassurance.
Other than that, it works, the annoying messages from Dell to replace battery have ceased and I'm happy again

Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73231 Family and Pets Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody is right!, 22 Aug 2013
I have seldom read such positive reviews for a vacuum cleaner. I bought it. The reviews were right. It is a great little cleaner. So much power it almost lifts the fitted carpet off the floor and, of course, has no problems with my hard floors (laminate and tile) The dust container lifts off with a push of a button and another button and the bottom swings open as you hold the dust box over the bin. Push shut, press in place and off you go again. No hassle. The telescopic hose feels solid but not heavy and adjusts easily. I've only had it a week but I love it. My husband likes the fact that it is quieter than my last vacuum - though he actually complained aout the amount of carpet fluff in the dust bag after the first use, thought the carpet would go bald!?!
Cons?- Its a bit heavier than my last machine though this only matters when lifting it onto the utility shelf, in use it moves easily.
As I said, I've only had the Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73231 a week but so far..so brilliant.

Sony Leather Flip Case for Xperia S by Roxfit - Black
Sony Leather Flip Case for Xperia S by Roxfit - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 10.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Grew to love it., 22 Mar 2013
Initially I was a bit unimpressed. I had read the very mixed reviews and figured some people just expect the earth for twopence and it was cheap at under 5. So I went ahead. I was a bit unhappy to be charged almost the price of the phone in P&P but I still went ahead. Straight out of the package I liked the case. It looked good. Then I tried to fit the phone into it.Then I gave up that plan and handed it to my husband to try - he's much more patient than me. He did not find it easy but managed to push the arms out a bit after sliding the top under the magnet catch at the top. Very fiddly and with the potential of breaking the arms or scratching the phone. When the case is closed, there is a gap left between the case and the phone which I still feel is a bit disappointing. Now that I've been using the phone with the case I am coming round to liking it again. Despite the gap, the phone feels protected. There does not seem to be any danger of the phone slipping out of the case as some reviewers reported. Maybe they have damaged the two plastic arms at the bottom by trying to insert the phone? It would not surprise me. You do need to be very careful. In use the camera works without problems or shadows from the case. The magnet catch works okay and the front flap does not get in the way when the case is opened to use the phone. All in all, I'm pleased I took the chance on it.

Astro 0387 GR10 Osaka Ceiling Light including 1 x 28 Watt 2D CFL Bulb, Chrome
Astro 0387 GR10 Osaka Ceiling Light including 1 x 28 Watt 2D CFL Bulb, Chrome
Offered by Simply Lighting Ltd
Price: 52.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but expensive, 10 Dec 2012
I am very pleased with this. We had the light installed for us when our bathroom was being re-done so I don't know how easy or awkward that was, but it looks good and gives a good bright white light which I like although my son feels that the light is rather cold. The bathroom is quite small so one light is enough which is just as well considering the price. As someone else mentioned, the fitting is not flush to the ceiling so there is a halo effect around the edge which I find quite attractive.

Children's Walt Disney Winnie the Pooh Piglet Lazy Yellow Bean Bag with Filling
Children's Walt Disney Winnie the Pooh Piglet Lazy Yellow Bean Bag with Filling

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but smelly, 10 Dec 2012
The bean bag cover is nice and the general size and amount of filling seems about right for my 18 month grandaughter. It will be a Christmas present so don't know how well she will like it yet. However, as I had read about other beanbags, there is quite a strong chemical smell from the 'beans'. I took the outer cover off and washed it and let the filling 'breathe' which has helped but the smell has not entirely disappeared yet and that has been almost a week.

Page: 1 | 2