Profile for Mrs. J. Clark > Reviews

Mrs. J. Clark "jmc296"

A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes
A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC BOOK, 28 Feb. 2014
I'm a great fan of Jack's. I wholeheartedly admire her work in many different areas. This book is really fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone!
Thanks Jack.

The Pencil Grip
The Pencil Grip
Offered by tink n stink

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful., 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Pencil Grip (Toy)
They position the fingers perfectly on a pencil and the grippy surface makes then very easy to hold. Just what the teacher ordered!

OWH0102x4 Gray Wrist Straps Strap For Nintendo Wii Remote
OWH0102x4 Gray Wrist Straps Strap For Nintendo Wii Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 29 Jan. 2013
I wanted a strap that I could tighten on my wrist to hold my camera completely secure, even if I, or one of the children in my class, dropped it. The strap that came with the camera was useless so I started searching. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find something. Most camera straps I saw had no facility for secure fastening.
Then I saw this product! Perfect.

Knife Wizard Electric Knife Sharpener
Knife Wizard Electric Knife Sharpener
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars It's as if I have new knives!, 29 Jan. 2013
My knives were shocking. They were so blunt, made all the worse by my efforts to sharpen them on a small knife sharpener. You should have seen the mess they (and I) made of the Christmas turkey! On the other hand, thinking about it, perhaps it better that you can't!
So I sent for the electric knife sharpener, learnt how to use it by sharpening an old, old knife that I have had for decades (it didn't take that long to get the feel for it) and then tackled the rest and I'm so pleased with the results. It's a great product that will save me a fortune in professional knife sharpening bills or new knives.

If I could give it six stars, I would.

Vax V-026RD Rapide Deluxe Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax V-026RD Rapide Deluxe Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 10 Nov. 2012
It took me a long time to decide to buy this product and I did a fair amount of Google research first.

I was pre-warned about the instructions and I'm glad I was because they really aren't that clear - even the spacing between picture and text leads you to believe that the wording is below the relevant picture when in fact it is above (I found that very irritating)and reasonable close-up photos would have been a lot clearer. One bit seemed inaccurate and one step seemed to be missed out (although that might have just been me). However, I got there in the end!

I bought extra cleaning fluid at the same time and I'm glad I did - the patch of a very large carpet that I have done took a whole tankful and I am sure I will need to break into the extra supplies before I have finished.
As with many other reviewers, I was shocked at how dirty the used water was. Very embarassing but also very satisfying to realise that the dirt is no longer in my carpet!

It was very straighforward to use and not too heavy. It did a good job although I ended up doing a little bit of spot cleaning using Vanish - only a very little bit though. If it hadn't been for the poor assembly instructions I would have given it five stars - it's a shame I can't give 4.5 really. I'm very glad I invested my hard earned cash in this cleaner and, of course, it was a great deal here at Amazon.

Thoroughly recommended.

Dibs in Search of Self
Dibs in Search of Self
by Virginia M. Axline
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars A great mistake, 5 Sept. 2009
I read Dibs in the early 1970s and found it very powerful. Since then life has gone on, I've had children and now have a grandson. With my current knowledge, I feel terribly, terribly sorry for the parents of 'Dibs' - everything I read about him in the book shouts of an autistic spectrum disorder, not a child damaged and withdrawn by unrealistic parental expectations. I see parents who desperately tried to help their child and who became utterly deskilled because nothing they did helped. My own grandson is autistic . . .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 1:51 AM BST

Omron Intellisense M7 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Multi Cuff
Omron Intellisense M7 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Multi Cuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 28 May 2009
I bought this elsewhere than Amazon as it was cheaper but am very pleased with both the ease of use and the accuracy. Well worth paying the extra!

Viners Eden Cutlery Set, Gift Box, 44 Piece
Viners Eden Cutlery Set, Gift Box, 44 Piece
Offered by KG Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 30 Jan. 2004
looks good and feels good. It's simple and stylish and will go with any tableware. Well worth getting.