Profile for Peter > Reviews

Content by Peter

Peter (China)

Page: 1 | 2
THREE PACKS of Wisdom Easy Floss Daily Flosser (1 Handle + 15 Disposable Flossers)
Offered by Inter-Dentals

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flossing tool ever, 10 Dec. 2014
I always hated the idea for putting my hands into my mouth for flossing. This tool solves this. It is long enough to keep your whole hand out of the mouth, and on top it has the right angle for the flosser to get easily between the teeth.

Sistema Klip It Lunch Plus, 1.2 Litre
Sistema Klip It Lunch Plus, 1.2 Litre

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking, 10 Dec. 2014
At work, found the sauce in my backpack. Not suitable to carry anything that countains liquids.

Halcyon Albany Mens Comfort Bike - 14.5 Inch
Halcyon Albany Mens Comfort Bike - 14.5 Inch

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong listing, 19 Sept. 2014
Wrong listing - it is 14.5" but listed under 25"

Hoover PU2110 PurePower Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover PU2110 PurePower Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars The weak part is the dust bag, 21 Aug. 2013
Nice design with sweeper and detachable very long hose that's good for stairs and the ceiling and working in tight spots. But my dustbag broke and the dust went into the motor and now the motor sounds like a car running on less than all cylinders with broken exhaust. And it smells like burning. Therefore, now I need my third vacuum cleaner in less than three years. (had a bagless before this one, which had the filter clogged and uncleanable).
This hoover is quite noisy.

DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable
DIGIFLEX 7 PIN S-VIDEO to 3 RCA TV Cable
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars How long is this cable?, 7 Jun. 2013
That crucial information is missing. My TV is hanging on the wall, I cannot hang the laptop besides it with a 10cm adaptor cable.

RSPB Pocket Nature Wildlife of Britain
RSPB Pocket Nature Wildlife of Britain
by Rspb

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Book, 19 May 2013
I have it for a few years and I keep it only because it was expensive. There is no structure. You can't find anything. Not by leaf form, not by size, not by flowering time, not by flower color, not by habitat. If you want to know the name of the flower you just saw, you need to thumb through all flower pages, for example. The only key on the page is the page number. Of plants there are "Trees", "Wild Flowers", and "Other Plants". The pictures and the paper make this little book very heavy, so it usually stays home. But yes, it is truly a unique guide, as promised on its cover.

ION Video 2 Go Digital Video Converter
ION Video 2 Go Digital Video Converter
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but need tinkering, 28 Mar. 2013
I used it on Windows Vista and it works. The bundled Software PowerDirector and PowerProducer only work with a certain screen resolution. If you only have a small netbook, the software won't even install.
There are no Linux drivers but with the help of the Internet and various forums you can make it work. TVtime works like a charme for real time viewing, and for video capture to a file there exists a script from Andreas Schalk. Don't be afraid. Took me about 4 hours to search, find and setup. Now I am ready to transfer all my VHS tapes to .avi files.

HP Pavilion g7-1204sa 17.3 inch Laptop PC (AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Processor, RAM 6GB, HDD 750GB, Windows 7 Home Premium)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, when it works, 11 Feb. 2012
My screen at the Pavilion is black. It seems to be a very common problem at theHP suport forums, but without any reply from HP.

Otherwise, it's shiny, has a nice keyboard and many connectors around the edge. If it works it is a nice piece of hardware. When it doesn't you wish you had made that backup yesterday. With that black screen its like using a type writer without paper.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2012 8:16 PM BST

2011 Version 7" Cheapest Apad WM8650 Tablet PC Android 2.2 Froyo Supports Flash 10.1 Camera WiFi ePad MID

2.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, 6 Jan. 2012
Around the middle of last year I wanted a cheap tablet and got one. The form factor is nice for carrying around. It fits inside the jacket, it isn't too heavy. Turning around works well. You can read it in landscape mode and portrait mode.
The touchscreen works only well with a stylus, it is inside the package but there is no place inside the tablet to store the stylus.
There is a dongle to attach USB and Ethernet, but the connection with the tablet does not work. I could not get the USB to connect to my PC.
The wireless works not always. I could see the market, but downloading anything didn't work. The connection got lost.
The best way to get data and apps to the tablet is via microSD card. This works. But it is not easy to find .apk files on the Internet for download.
The battery is empty after less than 3 hours. And now the connector between the charger and the tablet gives up. The charger might be damaged. But even with a different charger, the charging LED only works sometimes when you wiggle the connector.
Anyway, this is a good tablet for beginners to find out what you need and what to look out for.
I definitely need WiFi, microSD, microUSB, on/off switch. An approved AC-Adapter with a test mark to make sure it works and someone else has tested it before me. So, my next tablet will come from a respectable manufacturer. And it will be 7".

MiniGadget MG638 Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC - supports Flash 10.1 & Google Market -

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 8 Sept. 2011
I got me the tablet instead of a kindle for reading documents, free books from Project Gutenberg and pdf-files.
The tablet works fine. It fits into my jacket pocket and the battery life is sufficient.
I can access the market, but so far I have not managed to download anything. All selected downloads just show: "Starting download ..." As a workaround I downloaded .apk files on the desktop and copy them via microSD card or USP stick to the tablet and then install manually. But not all applications on the market provide .apk files. You can use the bar code, I suppose, but to download the barcode application you need a barcode reader, which is not on the device.
Positive: The tablet is rooted. There might be some potential to play around a bit more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2011 10:36 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2