Profile for Protean > Reviews

UK-DIRECT®CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
UK-DIRECT®CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
Offered by LED Light Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great torch., 2 Dec. 2015
Ridiculously good value for money and a great torch I hope to buy more.

Logitech M570 Trackball Cordless [Non-UK Model]
Logitech M570 Trackball Cordless [Non-UK Model]

5.0 out of 5 stars Trackball convert. All mouse users should try one for a while IMO., 2 Dec. 2015
On day of purchase, put my mouse on the shelf... took to it like a duck to water and haven't touched the mouse since despite using them for 20+ years! It's really well built, and the wireless connection is strong. Batteries last for months.

There's several attributes I found I prefer over a mouse.. for one thing it's stationary, and isn't prone to being nudged around like a mouse. This also seems to result in less physical effort and I tire less easily. Secondly, once your thumb precision improves, I find it far more controllable, moving the pointer around. Where a mouse laterally on a desk (and require lifting sometimes) it seems weirdly more mechanical and less homogenous to move in say a diagonal, due to the joints in your arms. The arm isn't really well design for moving in these lateral directions I find. The precision of the thumb however is quite excellent really, when you get used to the gentle rocking (and rolling), moving the ball in that diagonal motion is more natural. I also find because the hand is just sitting on it, it's very comfortable and there's less straining. Another plus, you can flick the ball so the pointer moves quickly across the screen. Finally, I find it easier to click and hold for long periods of time, whilst dragging documents etc. I can keep the documents held for extended periods, whereas for some reason with every mouse I've had releases them after a short time.

The only negative I suppose is the ball needs popping out once in a while to clean, maybe every other week, but a quick wipe with something soft a tissue or cloth and it's like new again. I was concerned that, due to the design it might collect debris, but this hasn't proven to be the case and it keeps pretty clean all round.

This is an excellent product, I'm dead chuffed with it and I recommend all mouse give one a try. I'm pretty shocked I switched overnight and didn't turn back.. knew straight away I liked it.. took a couple of days to acclimatise, now my thumb precision and control has improved over the months.

Tiger Celluloid Guitar Picks - Pack of 12 Guitar Plectrums Light-Heavy (0.46 - 0.81mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars very beautiful and a good selection of, 2 Dec. 2015
Lovely set.. very beautiful and a good selection of weights

Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Wireless Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product. Can touch type pretty quick on it, 17 Aug. 2015
Awesome product. Can touch type pretty quick on it. No complaints at all for the price I paid which is a bit below the average for this kybd.

DTY Trading ® LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
DTY Trading ® LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
Offered by Goods Online 24/7 (UK SELLER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 17 Aug. 2015
Was within 0.1 C of my other thermometer.. They could both be wrong but it gave me reasonable assurance. The humidity measured seems appropriate I'm allowing +/- 5%. Easy to read. Very good value for money!

Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 - Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 - Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
Dvd ~ David Carradine, Uma Thurman
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars Kill Bill Steelbook, 23 Feb. 2015
Lovely steelbook. Great to have both films together.. and excellent transfers for blu-ray.

Silent Running [Masters of Cinema] (LTD Edition Steelbook) [Blu-ray] [1971]
Silent Running [Masters of Cinema] (LTD Edition Steelbook) [Blu-ray] [1971]
Dvd ~ Douglas Trumbull

5.0 out of 5 stars UK MoC Steelbook, 23 Feb. 2015
Absolutely gorgeous steel book. One of the nicest I've seen. Very nice booklet with a fair few pages and some interesting photos of the set (also spoilers for those unfamiliar with the film). The transfer is excellent if you like the film I highly recommend this blu-ray.

G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 PC10666 1333MHz 4GB Kit
G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 PC10666 1333MHz 4GB Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
Couple of years now in my system these are excellent never let me down.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by SANNCE & ANNKE

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
Barmy price for a decent quality HDMI lead.

STOVAX STOVE FLUE PIPE THERMOMETER TEMPERATURE GAUGE NEW MODEL
STOVAX STOVE FLUE PIPE THERMOMETER TEMPERATURE GAUGE NEW MODEL
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars I also use an IR thermometer to get a better overall understanding of how my stove is heating, 27 July 2014
Does what it says on the tin.

You have to take various factors into account I find the readings are more of a guide. I also use an IR thermometer to get a better overall understanding of how my stove is heating. Between the two I have found it easy to operate within safe zone.

Only criticism is it can be difficult to read if your stove is in a nook the needle could stand out better.

Page: 1 | 2