Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "music lover" (ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Mr. Lucton's Freedom
Mr. Lucton's Freedom
by F.B. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Escapism, 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: Mr. Lucton's Freedom (Hardcover)
I have always been aware of Brett Young, although I never read any of his books.
Now I know that I was missing a great deal. This title is delightful, escapism at its best.

The Name of the Rose
The Name of the Rose
by Umberto Eco
Price: 7.69

1.0 out of 5 stars name of the rose., 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Name of the Rose (Hardcover)
I do not really know what to make of this book. It is quite difficult to get into and, eventually you put it aside. The story just doesn't "move". There may be a good thriller there, but the effort of finding it is just too much

The Wartime House
The Wartime House
by Carol Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime, 17 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Wartime House (Paperback)
I was 6 years old when WW2 started, and find great interest in books about the war. I'm not talking about battles or anything like that. My interest is in the people at home, and how they endured all the problems and fears, which must have been almost as bad as the problems and fears faced by the forces.

This book is quite wonderful, and very well written. It is a good read, and ideal for browsing through

Golden Age Of Light Music, The - Light Music While You Work
Golden Age Of Light Music, The - Light Music While You Work
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars golden age, 17 Oct 2009
For those of us who grew up with the BBC for entertainment, this is a grand selection. As a child, the "wireless" was on all day, and I loved the music programmes. There were a lot, especially during the war years, and must have helped many a dull job seem easier.

Dorling Kindersley Ultimate Visual Dictionary
Dorling Kindersley Ultimate Visual Dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars visual dictionary, 17 Oct 2009
I bought this with my grandchildren in mind, and I was not disappointed. It is full of interest, and will grow up with the children. I know that most of the info. is to be found on the internet, but somehow with all the wonderful things about the net, a book that you can open any time is better, and the illustrations are great.

Buy, Keep or Sell?: The insider's guide to identifying trash, treasure or tomorrow's antiques
by Judith Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars buy keep or sell, 17 Oct 2009
I love this book, and for the amateur buyer full of useful info. It also lets most of us know that a lot of what we have kept, thinking that we had something wonderful, is in fact, rubbish, which is probably a good thing, and should encourage us to have a good clear-out.
There is great entertainment in this book, and well worth getting a copy

The Housewife's Book
The Housewife's Book
by The Daily Express

5.0 out of 5 stars housewifes book, 17 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Housewife's Book (Hardcover)
This is a most entertaining book, and a real trip down Memory Lane for me since I remember a good deal of the hints and in some cases am still using some of the gadgets shown.

I am delighted with it, and for the younger reader should encourage them to be glad that they do not have to use the methods herein. It is still a good read however, and would have been very useful in its time as a way to organise the day in the home.

Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition (PC CD)
Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition (PC CD)
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 2.04

2.0 out of 5 stars poor value, 16 May 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game may be good, but since there are no instructions with it I found it very hard to relate to, and in fact found it quite dull

The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree)
The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree)
by Enid Blyton
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars a good start for 5 year olds, 16 May 2009
This is a splendid story book for small children who are just beginning to value adventure stories. The content is very suitable, and quite amusing as well as exciting. Most children would relate well to it, even if their reading ability was fairly small.

Around the World in 80 Melodies
Around the World in 80 Melodies

1.0 out of 5 stars is this a musical puzzle?, 4 Feb 2008
The list of music is great, so I bought the disc.
This was a mistake, because the orchestral arrangements are such that it is only into the middle of the pieces and then only with great difficulty that at last you can make out what is being played. I just wish that orchestral would not try so hard to be different, the music should speak for itself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5