Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "music lover" (ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
River of Death
River of Death
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars maclean, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: River of Death (Kindle Edition)
I was very happy to have this title, as I somehow missed reading it before.
All of Alistair Maclean's books are well worth reading,

Spirit of Bob Hope: One Hundred Years, One Million Laughs
Spirit of Bob Hope: One Hundred Years, One Million Laughs
by Richard Grudens
Price: 13.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Hope, 19 Mar 2014
A great pleasure to read with many photographs. I'm sure a great many readers will enjoy the tributes to a great actor

Becky
Becky
by E. V. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Bristol, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Becky (Paperback)
This is a truly lovely read, as is its sequel. A "happy ever after" story, but only after many overcome problems

America's Greatest Baritone
America's Greatest Baritone
Offered by encorerecords
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great baritone, 19 Mar 2014
this is a splendid selection, and a real listening pleasure. Very happy to recommend it to anyone who loves music

The Lost City
The Lost City
Price: 0.59

3.0 out of 5 stars puzzled, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
I'm sure this is a grand game--if I could only work out how to play it,and had years to spend on it.The graphics are very good, but the lack of any instructions excepting the spoilers which are confusing, makes it a somewhat wearisome exercise

These Wonderful Rumours!: A Young Schoolteacher's Wartime Diaries 1939-1945
These Wonderful Rumours!: A Young Schoolteacher's Wartime Diaries 1939-1945
by May Smith
Price: 7.19

1.0 out of 5 stars a long whine, 20 Jan 2014
I don't know what this young woman wanted. Her constant whine about her teaching job before war actually started is annoying enough, and her pupils cannot have had a very good education. It seems to me that she was simply in the wrong job.

Why did she not look for another job, more suited to her taste? When war commenced, there were plenty of positions available in munitions, farming, the forces. And why did she not attempt to learn how to make her own clothes instead of bemoaning her lack of new clothes?.

The silver chalice: A story of the cup of the Last Supper
The silver chalice: A story of the cup of the Last Supper
by Thomas Bertram Costain

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible brought to life, 5 Dec 2013
I loved this book, having first read it many years ago. It is not what you would call a factual book, just a possible thing that could have happened ,and as such is well worth reading

Here's a how-de-do: Travelling with Gilbert and Sullivan
Here's a how-de-do: Travelling with Gilbert and Sullivan
by Martyn Green

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 5 Dec 2013
I bought this book initially because I always enjoyed the Savoy operas. Martyn Green, was, for me at least, quite wonderful in the comic roles, and always insured an entertaining performance.

The book is not just about the operas, more about his own life, and experience in the theatre, and is most interesting.

Very well worth reading

Doodlebug Cleaning System. 137cm (54") Handle, 23cm (9") Frame, 26cm (10") Abrasive Scouring Pad & 137cm (54") Handle. A Great Floor Cleaning Complete Kit - Comes With TCH Anti-Bacterial Pen!
Offered by The Chemical Hut
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars hard surface cleaner, 14 Mar 2013
I have had a Doodlebug mop for about 30 years, which I had sent from the USA, having read about it somewhere. I couldn't find it in Europe at all.
I had an old house, with hardwood floors for safety sake, since I also had very elderly parents and carpets and rugs would have been dangerous. So the Doodlebug seemed like a good idea then.And so it proved.
But after so many years the mop is getting a bit weary, and I was delighted to be able to buy a new one through Amazon.

It really is a wonderful system which is the only cleaning aid I use really. The pads usually come separately, and are graded for various jobs, from very abrasive which can be used for preparing walls for paint, to very soft which I use for spreading liquid polish.
This time round I got a blue pad, which is fine for light floor cleaning.
The mophead will also hold a cloth, so I clean wall tiling and windows with, so it's a really useful item for a variety of household
jobs.
I really think that "every home should have one"

DEBA WINTER SOLUTIONS - COLD PROTECTION HAND CREAM & COLD PROTECTION FOOT CREAM * WITH WARMING UP EFFECT * 2x75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars warm hands at last!, 14 Mar 2013
I was a bit sceptical at first as to whether this cream would work. It was for my daughter who suffers with poor circulation, and has tried many remedies without success.
Thankfully it has worked like a dream, and I have no hesitation at all in recommending to anybody as a very good solution for the cold weather.
I would also like to say that the communication with the vendor is helpful and courteous.
All in all a very happy transaction

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5