Profile for Mrs Elizabeth Threadgold > Reviews

Content by Mrs Elizabeth ...

Mrs Elizabeth Threadgold

Black Poster Hanger Set For 36 Inch Posters With Cord
Black Poster Hanger Set For 36 Inch Posters With Cord
Offered by iposters

2.0 out of 5 stars rather disappointed with this product, 31 Aug. 2014
the hangers aren't strong enough to cope with a 36 inch poster without bowing in the middle. As a result the poster slips out of the hangers and I've had to sellotape the back to hold it in place. After a few weeks the poster won't lie flat against the wall but looks like it's 'sagging' so I'm going to have to reinforce it to stop the hanger from bending further.

racine carrée
racine carrée
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite album of the year, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: racine carrée (Audio CD)
I love this! Fantastic dance tunes, clever lyrics, great beats and altogether 'sensass'! I have been using Stromae's music in my French classes to inspire young learners and we all agree 'Papaoutai' is amazing. Excellent played in the car with the volume UP! Proof that there is a point to learning another language- as I keep telling hordes of reluctant teenagers- as if one was needed.

Nagasaki
Nagasaki

2.0 out of 5 stars French existentialist twaddle, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nagasaki (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read such a disappointing book for a long time. On the plus side it's a short disappointing book. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but a story about a woman who has secretly lived in a cupboard and the world's most boring pernickerty man wasn't it. This is French existentialist twaddle at its worst- and I am a languages teacher who ENJOYS teaching French existentialism. Book clubs will probably love it.

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars clever and funny, 13 Jun. 2014
This is the follow up novel to the 100 year old man who climbed out of a window. I loved the first book and I'm enjoying this one just as much. Clever, funny and totally improbable,( not to mention bonkers!), this novel is a great way to lose yourself for a couple of hours. I can't wait for the next one.

Rush [DVD]
Rush [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic film, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film! fast and fabulous with with excellent performances from all. For a fantastic night in just add popcorn:)

The Jane Austen Collection: The Complete Works (Includes Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Lady Susan & more. Plus Audiobooks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of classic works., 11 Jan. 2013
Austen. Classics. Mr Darcy. what more need I say? Excellent value for a collection of classic literature. Brilliant. Thank you whoever decided to publish in this format.

Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon Storage Case
Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon Storage Case
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars handy carry case, 11 Jan. 2013
Not quite the Lego millennium falcon my son was hoping for, but this is an excellent, value for money storage and carry case which also stimulates imaginative play. Great for taking a good selection of Lego bricks and mini-figures anywhere this is lightweight and easy-to-carry storage solution and my son loves it! The only criticism I would have is that the internal loops which hold the mini-figures are not elasticated.. but then that may be easier for small fingers.

Quest Elite Deluxe Range Large Apple Moon Chair
Quest Elite Deluxe Range Large Apple Moon Chair
Offered by Blackmore Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars super comfy chair, 11 Jan. 2013
I bought this chair for my husband for when we go away in our caravan, he wanted a large, comfy chair which he could relax in and that is exactly what we got. The chair is huge and quite heavy. It came in a matching carry bag- not that you would want to carry it too far! If you are looking for a camping chair which folds away to nothing and can be taken anywhere then this is not for you. However if you want a large, sturdy and comfortable seat which is still comfortable after a few hours then this is for you. My husband is not the smallest bloke- he is over six foot tall and 'well built'. This chair will last years and unfolds in seconds. Great value and big enough for me to curl up in and have a snooze. We love this chair!

The Artist [DVD]
The Artist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean Dujardin

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful film- very clever, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Artist [DVD] (DVD)
I love old films; I love feelgood films and I love Fench films too so The Artist ticked all those boxes for me! Although not strictly a french film at all it boasts some great French acotrs and a very clever director. I was a bit sceptical due to all of the Oscar hype but enjoyed te Artist for what it is-a clever film that relies on good acting an direction rather than any kind of blockbuster special effect. It has a wonderful nostalgic setting and feel and the music is a treat too. This is a modern film witha difference well worth watching especially if you ike your cinema history.