Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "cliffcashfan" (hemel Hempstead)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Small Corners
Small Corners

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 15 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Small Corners (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album and have done since I first heard it way back in the early 80's when i was still a child. Although a "Contemporary Christian" or "Gospel" album, you do not have to be particularly religious to enjoy the wide variety of songs that range from the rock 'n roll style of Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music to the almost acapella When I survey The Wonderous Cross.

This album came right in the middle of Cliff's renaissance as a recording artist and was self-produced as his then producer, Shadow Bruce Welch, refused to have anything to do with "God songs". Subjects covered include faith, hope and even nuclear war (I Wish We'd All Been Ready), in an amazingly non-preachy way.

Highlights are I Love, a cover of Kris Kristofferson's Why Me, Lord, I wish We'd All Been Ready, Why Should The Devil and my favourite, Up In Canada.

The only criticism I have of this issue is in the choice of bonus tracks. This album was recorded in 1977/78, the bonus tracks are from 1991/1992. Why?

Cliff Richard Live [DVD]
Cliff Richard Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cliff Richard
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff Richard Live - He's Still Got It!, 18 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Cliff Richard Live [DVD] (DVD)
Well, to be fair I haven't yet got this DVD as it doesn't come out for another week yet but I was at the concert so I am basing my review on that.

I have been a Cliff fan for 27 years now but did not see him live until Time in 1986 and then again in 1990 at wembley Arena. Since 1990, I have seen Cliff perform on every tour and concert run he has done, this concert is by far the best I have ever seen Cliff give. For the last few years, he has mixed his own songs with covers of others. Although there is nothing wrong with this and every concert I have seen of his have been very good, you go to a Cliff concert to hear him sing his songs. With the Here and Now tour you get these in abundance and it is not just the hits that he relies on. On this tour Cliff has delved into the past to uncover such gems as Give Me Love Your Way, Hey Mr. Dreammaker and Every Face Tells A Story from the album of the same name. Green Light, The Twelfth of Never, A Matter Of Moments (from the film Wonderful Life), a selection of songs from his vastly underrated Something's Going On album from 2004 and many more songs not sung live for a number of years all get an airing and they are all fantastic.

This DVD includes the new, heavy version of Move It featuring Brian May of Queen and Brian Bennett of the Shadows which is just outstanding and this years Christmas song, 21st Century Christmas which is nothing like anything Cliff has ever recorded before and will surely make people stand up and take notice.

If you went to any of the concerts during the tour, buy this DVD as the perfect reminder of what was a perfect performance. If you didn't go, buy this DVD and see what you missed. This 66 year old performer knocks spots off those of the current "superstars" who have to cancel far east tours because they are "exhausted"!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 11:40 AM BST

Cliff Richard ~ Two's Company: The Duets
Cliff Richard ~ Two's Company: The Duets
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Very Good, 6 Nov. 2006
Having been a Cliff fan for many years, when the details of this album were released I have to admit to not being too keen on the idea of a half and half album of new and old duets. Having listened to it, however, I have to say it is much, much better than expected. The new duets compliment the old perfectly. The first, and best track on the album is Move It with Brian May, Brian Bennett and Mo Foster. This song ROCKS and is perfect to play LOUD. A re-recording of Cliff's first hit, he hasn't been this "heavy" for years. Soon to be released as a single, this could quite easily give Cliff that elusive Number One in his sixth consecutive decade!

What Car
What Car
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff at his rock and rollin' best!, 12 April 2005
This review is from: What Car (Audio CD)
What Car? What a fantastic song more like! This is Cliff Richard as we have not heard him for quite some time. From the Somethings Goin' On album, recorded in Nashville, this is one of Cliff Richard's fastest rocking songs for years. His tie up with Decca Records seems to have breathed new life into Cliff and, on the evidence of this song, it is entirely welcome. The song is rather unusual insofar as it is not a story of love as such, more a story of a crime in a way! It tells of a young mans desire to impress his recently ex-girlfriend by "borrowing" his dads '68 Red Camero convertible car that he subsequently crashes and denies doing so.
I first heard this song at the Royal Albert Hall in 2004 and the chorus "What Car, What Keys, What Kerb What Tree, what are you talking about? I never left the house!" stayed in my mind for weeks afterwards as I found myself singing it at the most inappropriate moments.
If there is any justice in the music world, this will get into the minds of everyone who hears it and should, by rights, be another smash hit single for our own Sir Cliff Richard!

I Cannot Give You My Love
I Cannot Give You My Love
Offered by firefly-music-store

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff Collaborates with A Bee Gee, 13 Dec. 2004
This is a fantastic track from the excellent new album from Cliff Richard (Something's Going On) that deserves a great deal of airplay. Written by Barry Gibb and his son Ashley, this track has the Bee Gees written all over it and as such should be a sure fire hit. Forget your preconceived ideas of Cliff Richard and especially his Christmas time single releases, this song has nothing to do with Christmas at all and would stand out on its own at any time of the year. So what if Cliff is in his sixties, with songs like this and the rocking B-Side She's All Mine, this is the type of singer that should be promoted, not those from the X-Factor generation.

Queen On Fire - Live At The Bowl
Queen On Fire - Live At The Bowl
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have left it alone - Revised and Re-Reviewed, 2 Nov. 2004
What a disappointment this album is. Queen were the greatest live band ever but they have never released a live album to prove it. The sound on this is dreadful, Freddies voice is no where near as good as it usually is and the tracklisting stinks. If you are Queen fan, avoid this album as it will only sully your memory of the greatest band there ever was.

OK, I have taken on board the comments here and re-read my review. I was obviously in a pretty foul mood when I wrote this originally, probably listened to some clap trap from Brian May about foxes.

I have listened to this CD again and realised I was a bit harsh originally as, Hot Space songs aside (I have never liked that particular album), this is actually rather good and much better than I remember.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2013 5:24 PM BST

Something's Goin' On
Something's Goin' On
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars What's Going On? Cliff back on top form, that's what!, 27 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Something's Goin' On (Audio CD)
Quite simply, this is Cliff Richards best album since I'm Nearly Famous way back in 1976. That album then saw the rejuvination of Cliff's career and, if justice is to be done, this album will do the same thing for the current generation. Songs such as Sometimes Love, What Car and Thousand Miles To Go rock and I mean, REALLY rock as only Cliff can. Ballads such as Simplicity, I Cannot Give You My Love (written by and featuring Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees), I Don't Want To Lose You and The Day That I Stop Loving You are of the highest order and way better than anything Cliff has recorded for a long, long time. I am not giving this album a five star review simply because I am a Cliff fan, I am giving it because it does, without doubt, stand out as one of the best albums around.

American Recordings
American Recordings
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Cash at his bare minimum best!, 11 Oct. 2002
This review is from: American Recordings (Audio CD)
The old satellite telivision channel Country Music Television has a hell of a lot of things to answer for in my life I am afraid but all of them are good! If it wasn't for CMTV, I would never have heard, or seen the video to, Delia's Gone. If I had never heard Delia's Gone, I would never have listened to Johnny Cash. If I had never have listened to Johnny Cash sing Delias Gone on CMTV, I would never have bought this album and my record collection would seem incomplete without this, and all the other JC CD's I have bought since, now. There is a simple beuty to this CD that is hard to put into words. Just a man and his guitar singing songs in such a heartfelt way that it would be impossible not to feel moved by them and the fact that the songs cover death, murder, love and God in a variety of styles (some are humourous, some are darkly sad) makes this an unmissable CD. If you haven't got it then shame on you, buy it as soon as you can!

Cliff Richard: The Singles Collection, All 127 Solo Singles
Cliff Richard: The Singles Collection, All 127 Solo Singles
Offered by sierrabogart

5.0 out of 5 stars 127 Hits, One Legendary Singer!, 19 Sept. 2002
Sir Cliff Richard OBE. That is the only name anyone needs to know, really, to be able to chart the history of British Rock'n'Roll music from the fifties through to the 2000's. All the changes in the music world, some for the good and some for the bad, can be found on this unique collection that brings together all of the solo singles from this great singer right from the beginning and the brilliant Move It of 1958 to the most recent splendid ballad Let ME BE The One of 2002, every song is here. What makes this collection stand out is the many diverse styles that Cliff has sung throughout the years to produce hit after hit. Rock and Roll, Pop, Ballads, Country, Gospel and to a certain extent Dance are all catered for here in a collection that is excellently produced and is of the highest sound quality imaginable. Great, also, to hear forgotten classics such as (You Keep Me) Hangin' On on CD at last, not to mention the self censored Honky Tonk Angel from 1974 given an official release again (for the second time in twelve months, typical! Wait years for it to appear!!) Forget your opinion of Cliff Richard if it is negative, buy this collection and listen to it with an open mind, you cannot fail to be impressed!

Somewhere Over the Rainbow [CD 1]
Somewhere Over the Rainbow [CD 1]
Offered by cdworld-ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than you could imagine!, 4 Dec. 2001
Please, forget what you have been told to think about this single (admit it, how many out there already "don't like" this single simply because none of the radios play it because it's Cliff yet haven't even heard it?) and give it a fair listen. Cliff has successfully combined two all-time classic songs seamlessly into one and given them both a whole new feel that nobody could have imagined. This reggae-lite version of SOTR could well be the worlds first singalong version of the Classic Judy Garland song from the Wizard Of Oz and What A Wonderful World combines with it here to make you believe that the two songs are one. OK, I admit, Cliff has released some stinkers in his time but this really isn't one of them. Buy this version of the single (which also includes the unique and cleverly thought out video) and help Cliff to get back to where he truly belongs - at the top of the charts at Christmas!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3