ARRAY(0xab9e366c)

Profile for Mr. M. Hassan > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Hassan

Mr. M. Hassan (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Feminism: The Ugly Truth
Feminism: The Ugly Truth
Price: 5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't realize the situation was that bad, 14 Nov 2012
I'd like to think of myself as someone who genuinely wants to know about Women's perspectives of life, and I've read many books such as 'The single woman and the fairy tale prince' and 'Why women mean business' among others. I wanted to read this just to see what the negative aspects of Feminism could be as the impression I have is Women really can have it all if they want to. Reading this just made me realize that any ideology which is taken over by the fanatical few can cause destruction for everyone.

The first reassurance that this book isn't biased is the Author tried to reach out and interview prominent Feminists - but they all acquiesced his requests. The book has many topics which cover all the aspects of Feminism that has gone wrong. He uses many sources and arguments for his views, and put simply, it's hard to disagree with anything written in the book if you are prepared to have an open mind.

As soon as I finished reading it I restarted again because I wanted to internalize all the information that was given. It's absolutely worth the read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 10:11 PM BST

Timecaster
Timecaster
Price: 1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Unexpected, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Timecaster (Kindle Edition)
The only reason why I haven't given it a 5 is because of all the crap he says about 'Chomsky'. Only a Zionist (Nazi) sympathiser would feel that way about him. But if you could overlook that shortfall of the Author - whatever his bloody name is - then it's actually a really great read.

The pace of the book moves along nicely and the whole science aspects is actually written very well. You will actually be convinced all the propositions written can be real. But it's essentially a Thriller about a Man being wrongly accused, but instead of trying to track down the real criminal/s: here it's not restricted to one but many Universes.

One aspect I like of the Author is he does manage to put in genuine humour at the right places, although in this book he does try a bit too much sometimes. But once you've read this you absolutely will want to buy the sequel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2013 4:50 PM GMT

Night Music
Night Music
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars It should have loads more reviews :), 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Night Music (Paperback)
The first book I read by Jojo was 'Me before you' and I knew after that I've become a fan, and that I will read every book she's written. This is the first review I'm writing on one of her books, and it's only because I'm surprised that it seems that not many people have read this book.

This book did start off a little slowly and I guess it's because there wasn't any particular character that you could be drawn to or interested in. But why Jojo is so great is instead of doing what everyone else does - make a story revolve around a main character - she builds a story around a whole cast.

I guess I wasn't completely accurate in the previous paragraph, the story does revolve around a central 'character': it's a house :) We follow a number of people who through fate, have become involved with the house, and what the repercussions of that lead to.

As the story progresses you begin to open up to all of the characters and so towards the end you really care about what happens to all of them. Finishing the book it will really make you realise what kind of effects are felt to everyone in a community, when people want to turn a house into a home. It's a feel good book :)

Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money
Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money
by Robert T. Kiyosaki
Price: 8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Most easily comprehendable book on Finance, 4 Jan 2010
I was watching Riz Khan and he happened to be interviewing this Author. I didn't know anything about him, and I avoid works on Finance or self help books because they seem patronising. After seeing the interview however, I brought the book immediately. His demeanor is what done it for me: he was humble for a self made millionnaire yet he seemed like he genuinely knew what he was talking about and any questions that were thrown at him, his answers were genuinely impressive.

This is the most comprehensive book on Finance. Yet seeing the amount of information he presents with the actual size of the book - I was amazed with how much was said with how little words. Anyone with basic English will be able to understand his message. The book is divided into two parts: the history of our Economy, and his advice on how to use it to our advantage. Whether we like it or not, we have to work in order to live. In no terms does this book promote love of wealth, only how to work smarter and not harder.

He uses many examples of his experiences in life to show how he made it. There is no one way, but the biggest obstacle everyone has to overcome are their own fears. He is honest enough to admit that he still faced many set backs, but now he is set for life regardless of what situation the Economy will be in. I have a good career, but this book has inspired me to start my own business: that's how influencial it is.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2010 7:26 PM GMT

Why Women Mean Business
Why Women Mean Business
by Avivah Wittenberg-Cox
Price: 11.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Inherent discrepencies, 4 Jan 2010
I brought this book because I was genuinely interested in womens' perspective to work, and generally what they had to say. The book started promising enough, but as I continued to read I became more frustrated with it.

I felt like the Authors were bashing me over the head with the proverbial "we're Women and we are gonna be in your face whether you like it or not". The book was filled with quotes from different people who were basically stating the same points: the discrimination they experienced.

They stated a Truism: "Most Boardrooms are occupied by white men who are similar to each other." But does that mean only women will have difficulty getting there? I too can write a book filled with either personal experiences or the many people I had met who also faced many forms of discrimination.

It also shows another problem with the book in that the people [above] who should be reading this book, I really doubt that they will. This is because they know the unfairness that is prevalent in the job market, but they'll stick to the status quo because why should they jeopardise their positions for sticking up for women and ethnic minorities?

For the people like me who don't have a problem with women - or anyone else for that matter - working, this book is just full of case studies like "women engineers suggested making changes to the uniforms because they found that they were designed for men". No way, it took women to figure something like that out??

In chapter 6 they state that having women in work will increase child rate, and they use a graph produced by - Goldman Sachs. What did they do? Count the number of women working in their International offices? Yet on the next page, they use another graph, this time produced by a proper statistic agency which clearly shows the fall of birth rates started from 1965. Now wasn't this the time that women started to enter the work force en masse? There are many other examples where the Authors have used data to reinforce their perspective, instead of trying to be honest in saying what the information can mean.

Einstein: His Life and Universe
Einstein: His Life and Universe
by Walter Isaacson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Einstein is a true Genius, 7 July 2009
I too have read quite a few Biographies and what I consider to be the most important quality for one to be successful, is that the work resonates the character of the subject. Reading quotes from the many critics listed, you too will be of those complimenting the amazing work of the Author.

This has to be one of the most intelligently written works I have read - it flowed like a Fictional Thriller. It's true that the word "Genius" has become synonymous with Einstein, and reading this book will make you appreciate how he had attained that stature.

The book is broken down into chapters that correlate the significant events of his life. Every single work he has produced is explained in considerable detail, also entailing the surrounding influences to Einstein. The book humanely describes the sacrifices Einstein had to endure in the lead up and following of his success. The book demonstrates another aspect of Einstein which is pretty much unknown: that he was a man of absolute Principle, and would never compromise in order to make his life easier.

This is the only book you will ever need to read about Einstein.

Saladin: Hero of Islam
Saladin: Hero of Islam
by Geoffrey Hindley

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly objective biography, 18 Jun 2009
This review is from: Saladin: Hero of Islam (Hardcover)
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people like me became interested in Saladin after watching Kingdom of Heaven. While there are quite a few books out there that are written about him, I chose this one because it had the most pages!

However, I am absolutely glad that I purchased this book. Like any good book that is a biography, the elements should not only consist of what the candidate had done in their life but, more importantly, how the situation at their time puts into context the significance of their achievements.

You'll appreciate how Saladin was 'destined' to achieve what he had, by reading about his genealogy and how the events of his family helped direct Saladins' life. The book then goes into great detail about Saladins' political life, and when coming towards the end of his life, how he was truly loved by everyone - friends as well as his enemies.

The author uses simple language that never compromises on detail: this is the definitive book on Saladin, the Hero of Islam.

The Single Woman and the Fairytale Prince
The Single Woman and the Fairytale Prince
by Jean-Claude Kaufmann
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written analysis, 27 Oct 2008
I have a lot of female friends who are single, and I have noticed this trend extending to women in general. Of course I'm too polite to ask why they choose to live this way, so I was really interested in reading this book when I came across it.

The first thing to amaze me is the standard of writing: it was extremely eloquent. The author writes in one of the appendixes as to why he was 'requested' to commentate on this world-wide phenomenon, and the approach he took to try and make his findings as unbiased as possible.

His research method was to analyse 300 letters written by various women in France, that were sent to a famous magazine for women. By determining the common denominators throughout, he extrapolated each of them into chapters and sub-sections, and proceeded to explain each.

I genuinely enjoyed reading the perspectives on women's views of life, and why they had chosen to live the way they do - for better or worse. When I did talk to my women friends about it they really did agree with the points raised in the book, and wanted to read it after I had finished!

This is a great read and arming ones self for interesting debates with women!

Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times
Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times
by Hugh Mcllvaney

5.0 out of 5 stars His life in words, 26 Aug 2008
There are many biographies written on Muhammed Ali. Why would you only consider buying this? because almost all of the book (over 500 pages) contains quotes from either the "greatest" himself or from those directly associated with him.

Through the many different people that have been affected by Ali, they give their own accounts of who he was and what he had done to their lives, and their views of how he affected others.

Reading this, I began to understand the times in which he lived and the choices he made - what impact it had on people from all walks of life. Any celebrity is only known for what they are famous for. This book will make you appreciate why Ali has the love of the world.

The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power
The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power
by Joel Bakan
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Corporation defined, 11 Aug 2008
More and more people are voicing their opinion that the reason for the worlds' problems are corporations, but few are able to ellaborate why.

This book analyzes how the Corporation was conceived, and how over time it gained more power to the point now where through the funding of presidential candidates, how they use this as a proverbial bribe to ensure they get what they want.

The book cites many examples of how this entity is deemed as Pathological, and why it is shocking that while there are many wars being fought on abstract nouns - Terror, drugs etc, Corporations are continuing to cause harm on an unprecedented scale right in front of our eyes!

Page: 1 | 2