Profile for Mork999 > Reviews

Content by Mork999

Mork999

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
One Piece Super Styling Film Z special 1st * Figure: Brook (5.5inch)
One Piece Super Styling Film Z special 1st * Figure: Brook (5.5inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars YOHOHOHOHOHO SKULL JOOOOOKE!, 6 Feb 2014
I have been looking for a Brook figure for a long time, and sadly, most Brook figures are either too expensive or not available to be sent to my country. I can across this Brook figure and was intrigued as I hadn't seen Film Z at the time. WHen this figure arrived I was pleasantly surprised. This figure depicts brook in his battle costume from the Film Z special. The design of this outfit is unusual and quite striking, giving him a nice cavalier style look. Like all of the Super Styling range figures, Brook is wonderfully detailed, with an accurate and detailed sculpt and the paint job is fantastic with no bleed at all.
Only real problems I have with this figure, the stand is a little awkward to maneuver him onto.

Overall I really like this figure, Oddly enough this seems to be the cheapest and most readily available Brook figure, so for a Brook fan I highly recommend this.

One Piece Donquixote Doflamingo The Grandline Men Vol.17 DXF PVC Figure
One Piece Donquixote Doflamingo The Grandline Men Vol.17 DXF PVC Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 6 Feb 2014
This is the first of the Grandline Men series of figures I have had and its simply excellent. The packaging is really nice, great quality box with a protective inner box. The figure itself is one of the nicest quality anime figures I have ever had. Its perfectly accurate down to the last detail, depicting Shichibukai Doflamingo in his post time-skip appearance. The figure is made of very endurant and high quality material with a matte finish that gives him a nice almost powdered feel. Overall one of, if not my favourite anime figure in my collection.

The Nomad Soul (PC)
The Nomad Soul (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Phenomenal Debut From A Legendary Developer., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Nomad Soul (PC) (Video Game)
Quantic Dream are a French company known for making unique and mind blowing gaming experiences. The Nomad Soul, known as Omikron in certain countries, was their debut.

Quantic Dream's other three games, Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy), Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, play like interactive films. Nomad Soul is a hugely different experience, its an open world 3rd person action RPG.

Its vast in its scale, and though dated to a degree, it has some great visuals. the gameplay is solid and the soundtrack is by David Bowie... need I say more?

Zero Wing (Mega Drive)
Zero Wing (Mega Drive)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Game., 20 Jan 2014
I love scrolling shooters and Zero Wing is by far my favourite in the genre. The music, visuals and overall quality is excellent. Worth buying for all scrolling shooter fans and to a lesser degree fans of All Your Base.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE. TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG

Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt (Nintendo DS)
Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt (Nintendo DS)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 8.94

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Little Beta., 20 Jan 2014
This isn't a full game, its a beta build. This cartridge features 3 game modes and a hidden video. The main function of this product is as a demo displaying features of the full Metroid Prime Hunters. If your a fan of the full game and Metroid in general this is worth a look and is fun for collectors.

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (Nintendo 3DS)
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by APE-GAMES
Price: 19.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Idea Hindered By Poor Execution., 20 Jan 2014
This game on paper sounds like a fantastic idea. A horror game played through the 3DS camera.... that idea alone sold this product to me.

I am a huge fan of survival horror and this new, seemingly unique idea gripped me. It was only after the product arrived did I realise its part of a Horror series I have already played... Project Zero (Fatal Frame).

On start up this game is wonderfully presented with nice visuals and a high production value feel to it. The gameplay itself is in many way good, with some excellent visuals and a wonderful concept.

There are two major things that hinder this otherwise excellent experience. Firstly, I was hoping to play this game is a darkish environment in order to make it a scarier experience, sadly, the 3DS camera does not seem to cope very well unless used in a ridiculously bright environment, this simply sets the wrong mood for this game, but this is an issue with the hardware and not the game so I suppose I can't complain too much. Secondly, the sizing of the in game enemies compared to your environment is a little off, if your playing this game in an open space like a living room or a hallway or something then its fine but if your playing in a single room it gets a little distracting.

In terms of game modes theres the main story in which a dark and genuinely unsettling adventure unfolds. A survival type mode where you simply fight monsters from the campaign mode. And lastly there is a collection of little mini games that are more apps than they are games.

Overall this game is definitely worth a play for any horror fan. I can't help thinking that is this was on the PS Vita, its better quality camera would add to the experience.

The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (N64)
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (N64)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Second Best Zelda Game Ever Made., 20 Jan 2014
This game is simply a masterpiece. There isn't a whole lot I can say about Majoras Mask that hasn't been said countless times, for any Zelda fan, this is a must, and its a must for any game as well in my opinion.

The copy of the game I got came boxed and I'm overjoyed to have a boxed complete copy of it.

I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream
I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream
by Harlan Ellison
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic., 20 Jan 2014
The actual story of I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream is simply fantastic, one of the darkest, most unsettling and most upsetting things I have ever read. This book also contains a selection of other fines short stories by Ellison. Overall a great book.

Drop The Dead Donkey Box Set Series 1-3 [DVD]
Drop The Dead Donkey Box Set Series 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Susannah Doyle
Price: 11.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought As A Gift., 20 Jan 2014
Bought it as a gift for my father, he loved it. Can't say much more than that. Good value for money.

Hori Officially Licensed 3DS Game Card Case 24 (Black) (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DSL)
Hori Officially Licensed 3DS Game Card Case 24 (Black) (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DSL)
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent For What It Is., 20 Jan 2014
For a game case this is great, my 3DS case had room for 6 games and I was fed up of having to decide which 6 I wanted to take with me only to regret it whilst out and about. This has room for 24 games, so I have room for all 10 of my 3DS games, all my DS pokemon games and a few slots left for other games, this coupled with my 3DS' case storage gives me more than enough space.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3