Profile for Elaine carlin > Reviews

Mineral Hygienics Sheer Perfection Translucent Finishing Powder 38g
Mineral Hygienics Sheer Perfection Translucent Finishing Powder 38g
Price: 11.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous, 2 May 2014
I purchased this along with the Mineral Hygienics foundation and I can honestly say I am totally delighted with both these products, this finishing powder does a fantastic job of perfecting your makeup, giving you at least 12 hours of perfection, without touch up, possibly more, but I haven't tested it for longer than this. I was until now a bare minerals original user and found that ok but not brilliant. But when I tried this brand I will never again go back to BM, this is far better, giving you a lovely natural looking complexion, doesn't feel or look caked, so soft and fine and as it has less ingredients you are less likely to suffer any breakouts, I have super sensitive skin, and at 50 lines, wrinkles and lots of broken red veins, this covers all my imperfection beautifully, and has actually improved the general appearance of my skin with daily use, it's also very quick and easy to apply. I highly recommend these products to everyone with any skin type, it also does not dry your skin out. Don't hesitate this makeup is by far the best you can buy and is very reasonably priced. The 38g includes the weight of the shifter, the actual powder is probably about 16-20g, but still more than double what BM,s is and at half the price you will make a great saving and receive a far superior makeup.

Mineral Hygienics Foundation Fairly Light 38g
Mineral Hygienics Foundation Fairly Light 38g
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Have You Been All My Life !!, 23 April 2014
I am a mineral makeup user, and nothing comes close to this, It gives a great coverage I am 50 with lines, wrinkles, have suffered rosacea for years, and have super sensitive skin. Almost everything I put on my face causes a major breakout, I used Bare Minerals for a while, and yes it was ok, but not really worth the money I felt it was over hyped, not as good as it was made out to be , so I switched to bare skin minerals and I found they were more cost effective and gave a better coverage, but I was still on the look out for a more natural mix of ingredients, so I did some research and found this had only 4 ingredients in it and all natural, sheer magic for sensitive skin,, and the price was amazing compared to the rest, I was at first skeptical but gave it a go, this stuff is great, it gives you either a light cover or a more full cover,and for the 1st time I didn't even need any concealer, my skin was toned, smooth,, natural looking,, not caked, it didn't settle in my lines, it just blended perfectly, and completely covered my spider veins and chronic redness, this is the one for me from now on, so glad I found it, just wish I had discovered it years ago.
Not so sure about the 38g, I think that weight includes the sifter tub, but there is approx double the amount of powder that you find in bare minerals, the tubs are the same size, but this tub is fuller, so perhaps 16g-20g of net powder, but still even at that a fraction of the price of bare minerals, and a little goes a long way.
I would most definitely recommend it, for any age or skin type, it doesn't dry your skin either, which I felt the bare minerals did, if used daily. If you like mineral makeup then you will fall in love with this..

JML Magic Minerals Make Up Gift Set by Jerome Alexander
JML Magic Minerals Make Up Gift Set by Jerome Alexander

2.0 out of 5 stars Over Stated Over Priced, 18 April 2014
As a lover of mineral makeup, I thought I would give this a go, it looked amazing when I see it on TV, it may be suitable for younger people with no obvious blemishes, but as a 50 year old with fair skin, redness and of course lines and wrinkles it's a definite NO NO, Don't be fooled by the glide on action, it's doesn't glide on very easily and is not for people in a hurry, it takes longer than loose minerals makeup to put on, not so messy I will give it that. But on older blemished fair skin, it just makes the wrinkles and blemishes stand out more, it's also very drying to the skin, and it comes of easily, doesn't last long and you would have to apply throughout the day/night, the mascara is just an added waste of space. You could get a better coverage with even the cheapest of mineral makeup, If your not 20ish with perfect skin, then I would not recommend it. Please see my other reviews on a great (although loose and more messy) cheaper mineral makeup, that is brilliant for young and older skin, and not as pricey as this or the other over stated ID bare minerals original, which I swore by, until I discovered a much better cheaper version. You can purchase it on here, ebay or there website (but a little tip it's cheaper on ebay or there own website).

Mineralshack Natural mineral makeup, MEDIUM BEIGE foundation veil cover 10 piece set

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than All The Rest, 17 April 2014
I have for a few years now used bare minerals, (the original one) and I did like it, it gave me a good cover, but I don't really think it was as great as it was hiped up to be, however I was running out and a bit short of cash, so thought I would give this set a go, at least until I could afford the real bare minerals version. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but once I tried it I was totally amazed it was brilliant, I got a much better coverage ( I have fair skin, a lot of broken veins, redness and I'm 50, so do have lines and wrinkles) this product gave me far better results than my usual bare minerals original which is much more costly, my veins, redness and even the wrinkles practally vanished when I put this one on, with the original bare minerals, these blemishes dulled but unless I put on concealer they were still noticeable. Another thing I noticed with this was the appearance of my skin improved in texture and felt really soft and more toned after wearing this on a daily bases for about 2 weeks, I also noticed I was getting a lot more compliments on how nice I looked, I never got this before. So for me there is no going back, I would never again use and pay the price for the original stuff, when this is by far a much better quality, price and looks and feels so much nicer, with the added advantage of actually improving my skin. I just can't complement this product enough, give it a try before you spend a fortune on other over hiped mineral makeup, I can promise you will be very pleasantly surprised. The brushes are quite good, but you may want to use a better brush, they do the job, but I do prefer to use a better brush. I use the fairly light and find this colour perfect for my light skin, my redness and lines, you can also buy a concealer but I didn't need one the foundation then the veil was perfect and stayed put all day, looking just as good at bed time as it did when I first applied it in the morning, and it lasts you for ages as you only need a small amount for a perfect complexion

Unika Anti-Static Gloss,Glass surface Cleaner+ Cloth
Unika Anti-Static Gloss,Glass surface Cleaner+ Cloth
Offered by Endeavour Online Ltd
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars No Longer A Slave To My Kitchen, 1 Feb 2014
I recently got a new kitchen, and had my heart set on high gloss, not being happy with just the high gloss in the kitchen only, I got a black high gloss sideboard, coffee table and TV unit. Everyone including the sales assistant advised me against it. But no I thought I knew best, what a nightmare, being too proud to admit I was wrong and they were right, I was a slave to all this gloss, felt like I was constantly going round in circles, no sooner had I finished cleaning it the dust, cat fur finger prints was back.
I turned to the internet for some tips, tried them all, vinegar the lot, but nothing worked, then I noticed this, by this point I am ready to admit defeat, but got this and went to work as soon as it arrived, the results were totally amazing, cleaned the living room and the kitchen with little effort and fantastic results, great no need for me to admit I was wrong now buying high gloss furniture.
By the way I found it expensive, but did find it a fair bit cheaper online, and it does go a long way.
So if you too are finding yourself a slave to your high gloss, don't hesitate buy this amazing stuff, but do a little search first to get a better deal.

Astonish Stainless Steel Cleaner Trigger 500ml
Astonish Stainless Steel Cleaner Trigger 500ml
Offered by Bargain Warehouse
Price: 3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Astonish Me, 1 Feb 2014
While this product did an just okay job, I purchased it much cheaper (99p ) so for that price I couldn't expect miracles and certainly didn't get them, I used on brushed steel, but found it left a lot of smears, I also used on shiny steel and it was not so bad, but needed a lot of elbow grease, to polish up.
It certainly doesn't save time or energy, and is not any better than my previous method of using a glass cleaning chamois with tap water and buffing with kitchen roll.
I wouldn't recommend it at this price, but at 99p it's acceptable, it did an not bad job on my sink and draining board, but then so does soapy water and/or a bit of bleach and a polish up with kitchen roll

Robot Vacuum Cleaner XR Advanced Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Robot Vacuum Cleaner XR Advanced Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Offered by Paramount Zone COM UK
Price: 299.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So Much Better Than I Thought, 25 Jan 2014
I am extremely impressed with this robot (Robbie,ye I did give him a name sad I know) Anyway got him from Paramount at Amazon, after an injury I was finding sweeping or vacuuming very difficult, so decided to splash out a bit and try this, I honestly didn't think it would in anyway compare to my dyson, but to my amazement it did, my floors have never looked better, I would defiantly recommend this robot to everyone even if you just don't like vacuuming or don't have the time, It is great to come home to clean floors, I am now wondering how I ever managed life without Robbie. The only downside is the instructions they are terrible, I still haven't mastered how to set him to clean at a set time and just switch him on in the morning, and close the doors of the rooms I don't want done. If anyone can help me with this I would love to hear from them.
But he certainly does a fantastic job, I have never had my dyson out since I got him around 2 weeks ago, I can't at this point say how long he will last, but I can say don't hesitate he is brilliant, and does an amazing job, I again am not sure how he will do on thick carpets, as I have hard flooring throughout with a few rugs, that he doesn't have a problem with, but do make sure you put electric wires out his way, as he did chew through my mobile charger and got stuck so did cost me another charger, but I shouldn't have left it in his path, so I couldn't blame Robbie for that.
Life without Robbie would now be unthinkable, a great machine at a reasonable price considering the amount of time he saves you. The only reason he got 4 stars was due to the badly written instructions.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine But:, 25 Jan 2014
I purchased this from Homecare Essentials, excellent fast delivery (next day)However I spent all morning trying to work out the best way to use it as the instructions are useless, I even watched their you tube video, but this again was fairly useless, eventually emailed Ewbank but haven't had a reply as yet, hence the 4 stars instead of the 5..
However after a bit of trial and error, I eventually got it going, spread polish with brushes, then buff with blue pads, still I bit confused regarding the white pads.
This little machine actually brought my black kitchen laminate back to looking new you with an amazing shine, this laminate I have had for around 6 months and looked great in my new black and white high gloss kitchen, however with 3 cats and a lot of traffic, I was at my wits end trying to keep up with the maintenance of it, I was at the point of replacing it with lino, this polisher has saved it from the bin, the results were absolutely amazing, no streaks just a fabulous shiny finish. I have laminate flooring around all my large flat and although the rest is not quite as high maintenance as the kitchen, I whizzed around the rest with my polisher, again the results very fantastic, no streaks and although I thought it looked ok before, I now see the difference, it has a beautiful sheen to it, my mum thought I had got new flooring throughout. Normally I wouldn't manage to do all the floors in a day and usually just take a swifter over them doing a more thorough clean a room at a time, but I actually done a large kitchen, livingroom and hallway, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom in under 2 hours, with fantastic results. I swore I would never again buy laminate as although its supposed to be low maintenance, I never managed the art of cleaning it and always had a streaky finish, I had tried all the tips I could find, but nothing worked for me, unless I was going down on hands and knees, which just wasn't practically with a whole house covered with it. Now I can get all my floors done at the same time and they all look new, I am so glad I purchased it. It has literately saved me a fortune, a lot of stress (I am a bit OCD with my floors) and no more hard work, I just couldn't recommend this machine enough, and the built in vacuum is great too, not as powerful as my dyson, but is a very good addition to the polisher, and I found it done the job well enough, if your floors are really dusty then you may need to sweep up first, but I didn't the vacuum was great for me and done a fine job of picking up the cats fur and the dust and crumbs. If you have a lot of hard flooring this machine is a must, don't hesitate buying you won't be disappointed.
If anyone could advise me on the white pads or knows how to use it better, I would love to hear from them, also if Ewbank get back to me with better instructions I will post them on here.

The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Author, Great Read, 22 Jan 2014
Loved this book, I have now purchased more by Paul Pilkington, a good book I am sure you will enjoy, as it was a freebie I didn't really expect much, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I would say to give it a read, you have nothing to lose and I am sure you will love it.

Short Fuses (Four free short stories)
Short Fuses (Four free short stories)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Author Worth Reading, 22 Jan 2014
Not really one for short stories, but I did find them quite good, I liked the authors style and have purchased some full length novels, so I would recommend this book, if you enjoy short stories you will like these, on the other hand it will give you an insight into the author's style, his full length novels I would definitely recommend

Page: 1 | 2