Profile for Baffers1000 > Reviews

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Prague
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Prague
by Theodore Schwinke

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the top 10 guides, 18 Jan. 2016
I love the top 10 guides, and have used this for a lot of the EU cities I have visited. They're handy if you're only visiting a few nights but also lay out a few itineraries to show what you could visit based on stays of various length. The laminated map at the back is especially useful and durable, and the book is a nice compact size. I would not hesitated in recommending these every time!

Shan® Rainbow Colour Sewing Thread Sets with Gift box- 400 yard reels x 33 (All purpose polyester domestic sewing machine thread, Specially lubricated to deliver excellent sewing performance, Certified to Öko-Tex Standard 100)
Offered by c9store

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality (as expected) and surprisingly some colours which you ..., 18 Jan. 2016
Not the best quality (as expected) and surprisingly some colours which you would expect to find in here are missing (black, white, navy blue). Has been handy in getting me started with my sewing projects. If I was making something special though, I'd spend more on better quality cotton and take more time colour matching.

Commando Dad: Raw Recruits: From pregnancy to birth
Commando Dad: Raw Recruits: From pregnancy to birth
by Neil Sinclair

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book. I purchased this for my husband as ..., 18 Jan. 2016
Brilliant book. I purchased this for my husband as a little something to give him when I told him I was expecting. Unlike a lot of the baby pictures I have where you can come across a nice colour image of the baby 'crowning,' this book has no such 'gory' details.
It is well laid out, and perfect for dipping in and out of. My husband has read this regularly and enjoys this- even I grab for a read. Would definately recommend for all expectant fathers.

Rosewood Chillax Cool Pad, Medium, 40 x 50 cm
Rosewood Chillax Cool Pad, Medium, 40 x 50 cm
Offered by Pet Things

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 Jan. 2016
I like the idea. My JRT prefers to sit somewhere else and be hot. Stupid dog.

Villeroy & Boch Ardmore Club Old Fashioned 2 Piece Tumbler Set
Villeroy & Boch Ardmore Club Old Fashioned 2 Piece Tumbler Set
Offered by China Chaps Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like these glasses, 18 Jan. 2016
I really like these glasses. They have a nice weight to them and last reasonably well. (We've unfortunately chipped one of the 4 we have had, which we've had for well over 6 months). We wash up by hand as we have no dishwasher and have found these last rather well.

Mindful Hypnobirthing: Hypnosis and mindfulness techniques for a calm and confident birth
by Sophie Fletcher

2.0 out of 5 stars even gas and air may as well be some terrible substance which is going to end an otherwise nice ..., 18 Jan. 2016
I purchased this as I was very nervous at the thought of giving birth. I've read loads on hypnobirthing as a tool to cope and thought that this book would help (along with some audio downloads I have). Unfortunately, I found this book to be just a little too 'out there.' The section on pain control is particularly awful, essentially if you have anything at all you're essentially failing, even gas and air may as well be some terrible substance which is going to end an otherwise nice birthing experience.
Reading this has not helped at all, apart from one area- and that is in trusting my body's ability to do what comes naturally, and trying to tune out from the midwives/monitors/clinical aspects of birth. That said, I have been reading "The Good Birth Companion" which is a far superior book, and I will be re-reading this again after the hypnobirthing book has rained on my parade a bit!

The Good Birth Companion: A Practical Guide to Having the Best Labour and Birth
The Good Birth Companion: A Practical Guide to Having the Best Labour and Birth
by Nicole Croft

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily, I found this a really empowering, 18 Jan. 2016
I purchased this as I wanted something to read which would offer me reassurance in my ability to cope with birthing my first baby. Happily, I found this a really empowering, informative book. I read quickly cover to cover, and will read again just before I am due in a couple of weeks time. It really enabled me to carefully consider things like home birth vs hospital birth, pain control, management of the 3rd stage etc by presenting facts in a well laid out, non-biased manner.
I would strongly recommend this book to anybody pregnant. It's really easy to read, not at all patronising, informative and more than anything, you're left with a sense of "I really can do this" at the end. This book has made me look forward to birthing my baby.

Mighty Jr Dinosaur Stegosaurus
Mighty Jr Dinosaur Stegosaurus

3.0 out of 5 stars My Jack Russell loved his dinosaur, 26 Nov. 2015
My Jack Russell loved his dinosaur, then started ripping it apart. Did not last the night unharmed. Not particularly tough, so not recommended for chewers.

Tuffy Ultimate 3WayRing Leopard, Pink
Tuffy Ultimate 3WayRing Leopard, Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 Nov. 2015
Great quality but too tough for my Jack Russell. Ideal for bigger dogs who like to chew.

Tuffy's Junior Bowmerang Paws Print Dog Toy, Red
Tuffy's Junior Bowmerang Paws Print Dog Toy, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Really recommended, and he loves it too, 26 Nov. 2015
I have for my Jack Russell. This has lasted around 5 months so far and still has one working squeaker and some stuffing. Really recommended, and he loves it too :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4