Profile for Aimz > Reviews

Content by Aimz

Aimz (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mackintosh Flowers Notecard Wallet (Note Cards)
Mackintosh Flowers Notecard Wallet (Note Cards)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 16 May 2016
I guess I'd say these notecards are nothing special, the designs are actually quite dull in colour, not one stand-out design in bright colours - and the main reason I chose these was for the image of brightly coloured roses shown on the front of the wallet. There was no picture of the back of the wallet to show the images that you would receive. Also, though there were two each of the other designs, there was only one of the rose design, rather disappointing.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten about these cards and they'd been in my desk drawer for quite a while and so only realised when it was too late to return them.
A shame really, as I write letters very often and generally people appreciate bright, interesting cards. Just wish I'd checked sooner.

Tsukineko Emboss Tinted Ink Pad
Tsukineko Emboss Tinted Ink Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars A mainstay in my craft collection, 23 Feb. 2016
I'd say that this is possibly my most-used ink pad. I do a lot of embossing, and though clear ink embossing ink pads are fine, and if you look in the right light at your stamped image, it is visible, it is nice to be able to see well what you have stamped so that you don't need to tip embossing powder blindly over where your image is! A great product and worth every penny!

ColorBox Enchantment Pigment Petal Point Option Pad in 8 Colors, Multi-Colour
ColorBox Enchantment Pigment Petal Point Option Pad in 8 Colors, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Great go-to inkpads, 23 Feb. 2016
I have been using these Colorbox Petal Point ink pads for years and would say that they are probably one of the best ink pads I've tried. The 'Enchantment' Petal Point was the second one that I purchased and have used it time and time again. The consistency of the ink is good, if you press too hard it does sometimes go on a little thickly, but that isn't unusual with good quality ink pads.
Being able to ink up a stamp with multiple complimenting colours is always useful, and, for those who are new to rubber stamping, a tip when stamping is to ink up a stamp not by pressing the stamp down onto the ink pad but to turn the stamp upside down and use the ink pad to colour it in. You can then be more precise and graduate with colour.
I have a number of Petal Point Option pads in various colour ways, and they have been my mainstay for a while now, but also like the Colorbox Queue ink sets, as they are slightly more manageable. All-in-all, worth the money!

Command Clear Decorating Clips with Clear Strips Value Pack
Command Clear Decorating Clips with Clear Strips Value Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective clip with staying power, 17 Jan. 2016
Brilliant idea and work very well. I have a bay window which does not have a curtain pole to wrap a string of LED lights around, and was rather stuck for how to attach them to the wall above, without damaging the paintwork.
These little clips work a treat! They are easily attached, with more than enough room to fit a reasonably thick cable, but with excellent staying power.
They do not have to be stuck down in a straight line, so it's possible to create shapes with your lights. However I'd refrain from sticking them upside down!
I purchased the clear decorating clips value pack- two regular packs - so altogether 80 clips and 96 mini adhesive strips, but for a string of 100 lights I didn't even go through the first 40.
All-in-all a very successful product and a great buy; I'll now be trying more products from the Command range.
Highly recommended!

Mathmos Astro Lava Lamp The Original - Yellow/Blue
Mathmos Astro Lava Lamp The Original - Yellow/Blue
Offered by Mathmos

4.0 out of 5 stars Not all that I hoped it would be, 10 April 2015
I was very much looking forward to receiving this lamp- I have an Astro-Baby and a Jet, and was considering simply purchasing a replacement bottle in another colour for the Astro-Baby but decided to give the Astro a go.
Such a shame, then, that rather a yellow liquid, it is more a lime green colour; and blue wax- more like turquoise.
The reason, of course, is that the yellow liquid and blue wax together give various green shades.
It seems to look more pleasing in daylight- but I still do feel slightly disappointed.
Have given it four stars because though it's not what I thought it would be, it is a good lamp in itself, and like its 'chunky' design. Rant over!
Comment Comment | Permalink

JETech® Gold Super Fit iPhone 4/4S Case for Apple iPhone 4 4S Logo Cut-Out Fits AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile (TPU - Plum)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, inexpensive case, 2 April 2015
Good, sturdy case; offers protection for back and all four sides; buttons still work well; great for an accident-prone phone owner (not myself..)

Barry M Cosmetics Nail Paint Chameleon Blue
Barry M Cosmetics Nail Paint Chameleon Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Chameleon Nail Paint, 13 April 2014
This colour-change nail polish seems to be much better than others I've tried. It may take a while to dry, but the colour-change aspect works very well and doesn't involve magnets which I don't feel to be that good. The blue/purple suits me best, there is a pink option and a gold, but I'm not a fan of those particular colours. I do think them better quality than a lot of other nail polishes. To sum up, an easy to apply, though slower drying nail polish, with a nice finish and colour-change that works well.

Retro Block Game Screen Design Pendant with Silver Plated Necklace in Gift Box
Retro Block Game Screen Design Pendant with Silver Plated Necklace in Gift Box
Offered by 1StopShops

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 Mar. 2013
I really do not believe that this item is worth the money which I paid for it. The chain itself seems to be silver plated and of reasonable quality, but the pendant itself is a real let-down. It feels poorly-made and is insubstantial, very thin and, I do not believe, to not be of very good quality.
It looks cheap, and the web image is not a good representation of the product itself; it gives the impression that the design is domed, and that the design is a brighter colour, both of which it is not. I would return it, but as I won't have my return postage refunded, I do not think I will bother.
Don't waste your money.
Comment Comment | Permalink

China Glaze Unpredictable Nail Polish 14ml
China Glaze Unpredictable Nail Polish 14ml
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Sept. 2012
I generally like China Glaze polishes - usually good consistency, good colour range. I bought this thinking it would come out as a green/blue mix with a sheen, however I was disappointed - it turned out to be a light wishy-washy green with hardly any hint of blue in it at all, even in different lights. The consistency was rather gloopy, so difficult to apply properly. A shame the customer image wasn't available when I first looked at this.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Sept. 2012
I generally like China Glaze polishes, there are some very nice colourways and coverage isn't too bad.
However I was disappointed in this polish. The consistency is very 'gloopy' and it does not cover properly, and tough the colour looks lovely and multi-toned in the bottle, when it is on it looks gold and that's it (and I am definitely not a fan of gold nail polish). I bought another polish from this collection and have been disappointed there too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4