Profile for Felix > Reviews

Content by Felix

Felix

Page: 1 | 2
Slug Nematodes 12million (Treats 40sq.m)
Slug Nematodes 12million (Treats 40sq.m)
Offered by Gardening Naturally
Price: 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Who'd have thought it....., 5 July 2014
I was recommend this product by a family member, I was more than a little sceptical to say the least but now after a month of having applied the Nematodes I'm delighted to say they have worked like a dream. Our Hosta's are totally slug free as are all produces in my small veggie patch.
I will be buying Nemaslug again and again from this supplier who mailed my order quickly and well packed.

Bouchon
Bouchon
by Thomas Keller
Price: 29.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bouchon (Hardcover)
So yes I am a recipe book junky and have anyone with the same addiction I would thought recommend this Thomas Keller recipe book Bouchon. it's not one though to read in bed it is a weighty volume but unlike his 'French Laundry' book 90% of this book recipes can be cooked by a reasonable accomplished home cooks.
Maybe the most important information is the results...Fantastic...thats my starting point not only for myself but also from my friends who ensured there wasn't a morsel left on their plates.

Rose's Heavenly Cakes
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Price: 18.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Devine recipes..., 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Rose's Heavenly Cakes (Hardcover)
I've been aware of Rose Levy Beranbaum recipes books for a few years but decided it was time to try for myself her cakes. I was delighted with the results I achieved with every recipe I've baked not to mention the delight of the consumers. I found her introduction most useful also her tips for every recipe and the methods she employs for each cake. It did take me a little while to get use to the way she lays out the stages in mixing the cakes and icings.

There are a couple of things to take into account when embarking on baking one of these recipes
1) is the time the icings in many of the recipes can take to put together however the results have been well worth it.
2) these cake are mostly idea for a large gathering...they are like to much of American 'Big'.
3) If your concerned as to your waist line or sugar levels I would hand out a health warning.
Having said that if you love a challenge and a love of baking then this book is a must.

6 Crystal Clear Suit Covers - 100cm - with mixed trim colours - Quality Assured
6 Crystal Clear Suit Covers - 100cm - with mixed trim colours - Quality Assured
Offered by Hangerworld
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money and a good product., 26 Aug 2013
These items were speedily delivered and were as described.
I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone in need of
such items and a must in the fit against a plague of moths munching
away our cloths.

The French Laundry Cookbook
The French Laundry Cookbook
by Thomas Keller
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A serious and wondrous recipe book..., 26 Aug 2013
This is not just a weighty volume but full of amazing recipes from the once No1 restaurants in the world, it most certainly gets the gastric juices flowing. This book is a must for any serious food lover but sadly a lot of the recipes have ingredients that are not readily available for the gifted amateur not at a cost that many family budgets could stretch to, but for a treat or gift it to a food lover buy it anyway just to read, digest and enjoy.

Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)
Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)
by John Williams
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars It's simply a masterpiece in 20 century literature and a wonderful read., 26 Aug 2013
My husband and my great joy is to read aloud to each other, we read a great variety of books from classics, humorous, historical, crime or stories on the human condition. I had sometime ago been recommended this volume by an American friend who spoke highly of it and thought we may enjoy it.

Although it took sometime to get round to it I can only say this was an error on our behalf for this book is just outstanding not just for it's literary merit but for the tale of a mans life, an ordinary life with little hiatus nor acts of daring do, a character who the reader finds themselves have quite strong views about.

One of the wonderful things about this book was the animated discussions it brought about between my husband and me as to our thoughts for Stoner, we both came from a different stance on his life but by the end of the book we both felt the same and regret it had come to an end. This book most definitely will not be past on to a charity shop but stay on our shelves to be dusted off and read again.

Simple Slices (The Australian Women's Weekly)
Simple Slices (The Australian Women's Weekly)
by Susan Tomnay

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing little book...great for table sales..., 26 Aug 2013
Lots of ideas for tray bakes, most suitable for any charity or school table sales.
Some of the ingredients are not sold here in UK but can daily be substituted after
a quick look online for a little advice.

Having now tried some 8 of the recipes I can also relay they are tasty and down linger on the plate for to long especially when the young are around.

Bake It Like You Mean It
Bake It Like You Mean It
by Gesine Bullock-Prado
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow....now this is serious baking, 26 Aug 2013
I received this book a week or so ago and as yet I'm still just looking at the pictures and reading the recipes together with the comments of the author who writes in an easy, relaxed manner giving the impression she is sharing her tips and comments only with you.

Having now digested the techniques and gathered together some of the specialist ingredients I intend to embark on sampling some of the delights promised on each page. The only downside comes down to the cost of ingredients so would advice practicing the easier ones before investing in the more adventurous recipes.

Biscuits, Brownies & Biscotti (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
Biscuits, Brownies & Biscotti (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
by Susan Tomnay

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and some original ideas for the UK baker, 26 Aug 2013
Well put together with easy instructions to follow. suitable for all levels of bakers.
Very good if cooking for school or charity sales.

Just 3 Ingredients: 200 Fabulous Fuss-free Recipes Using Just 1, 2 or 3 Ingredients
by Jenny White
Price: 9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas for the newly single older person, 4 July 2013
I have given several of this book to older people who have sadly become newly single
and in many cases have had to start cooking for themselves in many years.
The recipes are all easy to follow and set people on to the path of learning to enjoy
cooking and be a little adventurous with only three ingredients.

Page: 1 | 2