Profile for Sophie Jade > Reviews

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the reviews!, 30 Jan 2013
I have just received this webcam and have trialled it today.

Amazingly easy to set up: I didn't need to use the software as my computer recognised the webcam straight away. The quality was a million times better than what I'd had before. Really, really clear. In addition to this, I was really impressed with how securely I could fix the webcam to the top of my laptop; previous webcams I've had to annoyingly prop up myself. Not this one - it's really secure and easy to adjust. The webcam has also got a light to it. Admittedely, there was a pinky glare to the screen and this could've been a result to the lights on the webcam. I suppose the lights make it look a bit flash.

An added bonus was an included microphone - not all webcams have this and I've had to buy seperately in the past. Again, no problems.

A brilliant buy!

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story
by Cheryl Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars The real story behind the Beauty ..., 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I am not a celebrity worshipper, by any means but I do love autobiographies, so I found myself reading Cheryl: My Story. I had no prior opinion of Cheryl, other than she seems to be everywhere and is loved for her beauty.

Cheryl showed through her autobiography that she is a very normal, down-to-earth and fair young woman. Despite her beauty and success, there was no evidence that Cheryl is in anyway a lover of her self. And she certainly shows she hasn't been caught up in the celebrity world of excessive spending, forgetting the value of money. She knows where she has come from.

Above all, despite the glamour and success, you see that she was dying inside. I found reading about her divorce and relationship with Ashley, the most heart-breaking. Although, similarly, it is clear she has done well to escape the drugs background on her estate. It is clear that although successful, she clearly values family, privacy and health above all the glitz and glamour of the celebrity world.

I was pleased to read that Cheryl has since found some peace in herself. I'd like to be Cheryl's friend - she is clearly a normal lass with a big heart.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 4:52 PM BST

Ausperity: Live the Life You Want for Less
Ausperity: Live the Life You Want for Less
by Lucy Tobin

5.0 out of 5 stars On a bit of a frugal high!, 21 Jan 2013
I thought I was roughly aware of money saving techniques so, I wouldn't learn much from this book. Right? So wrong! Admittedly, I've been a bit out of the loop lately - my money saving tips are a bit old hat, and this book bought me up to speed.

The book itself is ridiculously easy to read and does not waffle. There's some personal references in this book but this is brilliantly balanced with so many wonderful web links. The book is so user friendly, that at the end it contained an index of all the websites mentioned, for quick reference.

Yes, I would say this book goes beyond the money-saving weekly e-mails and Channel 4's Super Scrimpers. During my reading, I wrote down my favorite websites and decided to give them a look. I was impressed!

Above all though this book relighted my passion for frugal living: the fun of getting things for free or wonderful and exciting things for a much cheaper price is just so satisfying! Thanks Lucy!

Vegetarian Nosh for Students: A Fun Student Cookbook - See Every Recipe in Full Colour - 30% More Recipes Than Previous Edition. VEGETARIAN SOCIETY APPROVED
by Joy May

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for students and non-students alike!, 19 Jan 2013
Okay, okay - I am no longer a student! I didn't make a mistake and accidently buy this book; I bought it on purpose - I wasn't disappointed! My shelves are lined with plenty of cookbooks: vegetarian ones and top-TV chefs but I was tired of looking through them with dozens of ingredients and long preperation times. I wanted to know how to cook simple dishes, the classics, if you like, that I knew that everybody in my house would like. But, I'm a busy lady and I really didn't want many ingredients nor long prep. times.

I was not disappointed! Lots of these types of books don't have pictures. These photographs are bright, colourful and take the whole page. You don't even need weighing scales - it's all cups. There's a list of stock cupboard essentials too, plus ideas for breakfast and lunches. Best of all, the recipes are dead simple. And everybody has loved them so far! I've done a pastry-less quiche (delicious!), a spicey courgette bake, a vegetable and cheese bake and also a declicious meditteranean pasta (very popular with my food-picky Father!).

Overall a brilliant cookbook: this is officially my favourite. Just one thing, the recipes are usually for one or two people; just double up the ingreedients to cook for more people.

How to Be an Outstanding Primary School Teacher (Outstanding Teaching)
How to Be an Outstanding Primary School Teacher (Outstanding Teaching)
by Mr David Dunn

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding book!, 2 Aug 2011
What a wonderful book! I am an NQT, and this has so many ideas to help us do an excellent job! The book is easy to read, doesn't waffle, and you can clearly see how a lot of these tips will make a fantastic difference to your teaching. I am sure even experienced teachers could pick up some helpful tips from this book.