Profile for Mike > Reviews

Content by Mike

Mike

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Safe Place: Volume 11 (Joe Hunter Books)
No Safe Place: Volume 11 (Joe Hunter Books)
by Matt Hilton

3.0 out of 5 stars The worst one yet.., 19 July 2016
The worst one yet. I have read all previous Joe Hunter books and enjoyed them, only describing them as unputdownable, pageturners. However this is a completely different kind of Joe Hunter. He's going all nice and goody goody, being nice to everyone and taking pride in killing nobody. Nothing like the Joe Hunter we know from the past. I think he was lucky to have made through this book. If he gets any nicer he will qualify to be in the romance genre too. The book was also padded out and over described, which made it quite boring in parts. Sorry about this review Matt, but I do not like this new Joe Hunter and was disappointed with No Safe Place..

Flymo Lawnmower 10" Blade Sprinter E25 & E30
Flymo Lawnmower 10" Blade Sprinter E25 & E30

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it said.., 20 Jun. 2016
Fast delivery and fitted fine. Thanks

The Witness
The Witness
by Simon Kernick

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his best., 9 April 2016
This review is from: The Witness (Hardcover)
I have read all of Simons previous books and enjoy his stories. This was ok but not his usual standard. A bit drawn out, boring in parts. Did not grip me like his previous books. Sorry Simon but this one didn't do it for me. Look forward to the next one. Bring back Dennis Milne lol.

Children's Film Foundation Collection: The Race is On - (Soapbox Derby | Sky-Bike | Sammy's Super T-Shirt) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Reggie Winch

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless films.., 27 Mar. 2016
I watched this time and time again when my son was a little boy. Now I have bought it for my grandchildren and look forward to watching it with them. Great stuff!

I Am Death (Robert Hunter 7)
I Am Death (Robert Hunter 7)
by Chris Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 23 Sept. 2015
I have read all his books and really enjoyed this one after being disappointed with his previous one. This is Chris Carter at his best once again..

[Magnector X-202] High Performance Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / Z3 Charging Cable - Enhanced Magnetic Connection and Charging Speed (Work for Z3 Compact and Tablet too)
Offered by 11 Street

Stay Alive: (Scope 2)
Stay Alive: (Scope 2)
by Simon Kernick

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Read, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Stay Alive: (Scope 2) (Hardcover)
Couldn't wait for this book to come out, and wasn't disappointed. There was the usual twists and turns scattered with bodies as one would expect from simon Kernick. however the ending was a total surprise. i had to read it to the end as i couldn't put it down, even though I kept saying to myself "just one more chapter". I look forward to the Dennis Milne prequel coming out.. I reccommend you give Stay Alive a read you wont be disappointed.

Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller
Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 10 Mar. 2014
I had been eagerly waiting for this book to come out and was not disappointed. there were plenty of twists and turns and gruesome killings. by the end of the book there was hardly anyone left. It was a very clever and unexpected ending. According to Stephen Leather this is not the last in the Jack Nightingale series, in fact he is already working on future Jack Nightingale stories.. Another great book by a great author..

The Revenge of Frankenstein
The Revenge of Frankenstein

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 7 Sept. 2013
I have been a fan of this author for many years and have enjoyed most of his books. However these Hammer stories don't do it for me. Thet are tame and boring by todays standards. Shaun Hutson is better than this, I can only assume he's getting paid plenty for rehashing these stories. I don't even think the writing is up to standard. There is some of the Shaun Hutson we know missing. As soon as he gives writing these up and gets down to some serious writing the better.. I wont be reading anymore of these..

Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories
Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 22 Jun. 2013
I not a big fan of short stories. But I ordered this because I like the authors other books. I was not disappointed. Mr Leather puts as much thought and detail in his short stories as he does in his full novels. I like the story about Mr Duns what a great character and what twist to the story. Stephen Leather must be one of our best and most talented authors and I recommend that you give this little gem a read..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3