Profile for Hel's Fire > Reviews

Content by Hel's Fire

Hel's Fire (Newbury, UK)

Angels And Demons: (Robert Langdon Book 1)
Angels And Demons: (Robert Langdon Book 1)
Price: 4.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!, 28 Oct 2013
Brilliant, engrossing, edge of your seat stuff. Such a powerful and intriguing story. Don't hesitate,just read it! It will not disappoint.

TimeRiders: The Mayan Prophecy (Book 8)
TimeRiders: The Mayan Prophecy (Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sci fi delight!, 15 Oct 2013
Well after the disappointing seventh book Mr Scarrow is back! Book seven it seems was merely a blip in this otherwise brilliant series- A great adventure from start to finish, book 8 concludes with a truly thrilling and sinister bang! I'm no sci-fi fan and this feels more like a sci-fi book than any of the previous seven but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the final book and series conclusion now!

The Reluctant Assassin (WARP Book 1)
The Reluctant Assassin (WARP Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant Reader!, 16 Sep 2013
I had to drag myself through this in the hope that with every new chapter it would improve. It didn't. Chapters are too long and writing is clumsy. Don't like all Garrick's introspective thinking ~ seems like lazy writing and just doesn't feel like Eoin Colfer. He's better than this and if this had been his first book I doubt it would ever have been published! Very disappointed.

The  History Keepers: Circus Maximus
The History Keepers: Circus Maximus
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Read., 14 Mar 2013
Action scenes just not credible with cheesy, predictable ,pantomime characters. Felt like I was being told a story rather than immersed in it. Sorry won't be reading this author again. Reccomend TimeRiders series. He knows how to write.

TimeRiders: The Pirate Kings (Book 7)
TimeRiders: The Pirate Kings (Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Time weary perhaps..., 25 Feb 2013
I'm a loyal TimeRider fan but I feel this one fell a long way short of expectations. This one could easily be missed out in the series and nothing would be affected. It felt too much like story telling and not like I was in the thick of it, as with previous ones. There was no link to what is going on in the background, no one pursuing them from the future. It is a standalone story which was entertaining but not thrilling. Sorry Mr Scarrow but I look forward to the next one.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 10 Feb 2013
Tense,thrilling I was on the edge of my seat throughout this. I couldn't put it down! Incredible story told with real heartfelt honesty. A strong and quite terrifying concept especially if you are a parent! Everyone should read this!

Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The 1st in a brilliant series, 19 Feb 2011
OK where to start? Without wanting to use Vampire puns, this sucks you in from the first few pages. This is one of the few great sagas out there where the books get better as the series goes on. Clearly you need to start with this one but please, do go onto read the others. You need to know how it all ends! Everyone needs Twilight in their lives and though I'm no teenager, it's my one guilty pleasure!

Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better!, 19 Feb 2011
There's no point reading this if you haven't read the first two but assuming you have, this just gets better. If you haven't of course then go and get them ... now!For all Twilight fans, this will not disappoint. I could not put this down and vitually consumed it within two days. Thank you Stephanie. My life would not be the same without Edward and Jacob!

61x91.5cm Brushed Silver Frame
61x91.5cm Brushed Silver Frame

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so cheap and cheerful, 6 April 2010
This review is from: 61x91.5cm Brushed Silver Frame
I bought these for my son's room, to display two posters, rather than stick them up on the wall. They are far less robust than I had expected and the acrylic plastic 'glass' is really thin and flimsy. Despite being packaged exceptionally well for protection, one of the frames was scratched at the top. I chose not to return it as he was so excited! They are both also slightly bowed. Once up though, they look absolutely fine and the plastic reduces sunlight glare. I think the price is still too high given the quality and I would recommend searching for a better product, even if it means paying slightly more.