ARRAY(0xa5387564)

Page: 1 | 2
Dimples Twin Tailed Wide Tooth Rake Comb - H645
Dimples Twin Tailed Wide Tooth Rake Comb - H645

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches, 30 Jan 2012
When I tried to use the comb, I found out that the teeth are so sharp that they break the skin, they are more like claws than comb teeth. I had to throw it away, not good.

Waterpoof Poncho Woodland Camouflage
Waterpoof Poncho Woodland Camouflage
Offered by Contact Left Limited
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Raining?, 20 Dec 2011
I am very pleased with my poncho. It's quite sturdy, but light as well so you can roll it up and put it in a backback. I'm 5'9 and it comes down to my knees and is generously wide all round. The hood fits snugly.

Regatta Stormbreak Men's Leisurewear Jacket - Navy, Large
Regatta Stormbreak Men's Leisurewear Jacket - Navy, Large
Price: 10.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for a rainy day, 12 Dec 2011
My jacket arrived really quickly. It is a neat looking jacket. Not breathable, but robust, windproof and very waterproof. I am a 5'9", size 12 female and the large size fits me well. I chose large so that I could get another light jacket underneath, or a jersey and a thick fleece for warmth, and I can do so with it still looking tidy on, but not tight, and not huge. It is about 3" above my knee, which is a good length. With rainproof trousers on, it keeps me 100% dry. There is some condensation, despite the well place vents, but I can open it up and let out the steam. The two big pockets in front are large enough for torches, sandwiches, hats, gloves etc.

Gelert Women's Nappa Fleece Gilet - Pure Black 2010, Size 12
Gelert Women's Nappa Fleece Gilet - Pure Black 2010, Size 12

5.0 out of 5 stars nice gilet, 14 Nov 2011
I received my gilet very quickly. It looks as it does in the picture, with seams and flattering shaping. It is nice and long and fits tidily around my hips. I am a size 12 and it is comfortable and neat. The microfleece is good quality and a good weight.

Random All wool Picnic Rug - Assorted Colours
Random All wool Picnic Rug - Assorted Colours
Offered by Letsbuyittoday
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars cosy blankets, 21 Oct 2011
My blanket arrived really quickly. The colours are lovely and it looks beautiful on top of my bed. It could also be used for extra warmth in a car, for a pampered pooch who needs to be cosy or for sitting around the bonfire. Much nicer than fleece.

Mini Butterfly Kite
Mini Butterfly Kite
Offered by Think Fast EU
Price: 8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Mini Butterfly Kite (Toy)
I took this kite out today (3rd July 11) with just a slight breeze and sometimes no wind. I had to wait for the wind, and then ran along the line which I'd laid out on the grass, and up it went, all the way to the end of the line, what a nice sight!

It has a gentle way of flying and stays high up when the breeze picks up. Due to lack of wind, it lost height and then hovered at about 6-10' and I found that if I kept tension on the line, I could pull it towards me and catch it with my hands so that it would land without crashing into the ground. the tail helps a lot to keep it at the right angle to catch the wind. Small children might need help organizing the tail prior to launching. There are two simple fibreglass rods which form an x to support the wings, and they slot into pockets. It doesn't take strength to fix them into place, but don't bend too hard, obviously. Once fixed into place, it's easy to carry the kite around.

It's better to leave the line lying on the ground, don't try to reel it in by gathering it up in your hands like I did or you'll get the most awful tangle, which takes ages to sort out. Also buy a spare line or two so that mom or dad can sit and sort out the knots while the youngsters run around with the kite.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy- flimsy, 9 Feb 2011
My electric blanket was delivered very quickly and efficiently. It's 150cm by 70cm, which fits my bed perfectly. I'm 5'9 and it reaches from my feet to mid neck. Under a light duvet, it's very warm. It has three settings and can be used all night on the first setting. It heats up quite quickly.

Coeur Simple (Le Livre de Poche)
Coeur Simple (Le Livre de Poche)
by Flaubert
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 2.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2011
I bought this book along with an audio CD to help my ear for spoken French. I received them both carefully packaged and in record time, so I could listen to the CD and read the novella at the same time. The book is lovely, illustrated and with lots of footnotes and introductory notes. The CD is nice and clear and beautifully read. The story is so sad! But very beautiful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2012 11:34 AM BST

BaByliss 5138U Ultra Shine Lightweight 2000W Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5138U Ultra Shine Lightweight 2000W Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 26 Dec 2010
I agree with the above reviewers, it makes a good hair dryer for people with arthritis or to use with elderly and children. It doesn't get too hot, but dries my hair quickly. I have medium length, very fine hair and it dried it in about fifteen minutes or less. It leaves my hair feeling soft and nicely settled, not at all dry or static. The low setting is very gentle, but effective. The high setting is more vigorous, but not screaming. The switches are very easy and simple to operate and stay put until you switch them on / off. The cord is under 2m, but I prefer this as it's lighter on power and doesn't fight for space or tangle up with my other electrical appliances, and is probably safer than a longer one. The concentrator nozzle is fairly easy to put on / take off without needing brute force, and stays put once on. It swivels nicely to adjust to any angle. You can't open the back without a screwdriver to clean, but it looks as if you don't have to clean it, I think the dust just blows straight through, but I intend to email Babyliss to ask them about this. There are screws on the case, but it doesn't look like there is anything that actually needs cleaning. It's not very noisy, quite reasonable. It's so light that you won't even notice it in your luggage, but does the job very capably.

I heard from Babyliss, who advise just to use a vacuum cleaner against the wire screen at the back to clear any dust, don't open the back up. The wire is quite sturdy, so that shouldn't be a problem.

AA Car Essentials Snow and Ice Grips
AA Car Essentials Snow and Ice Grips
Price: 2.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Anti Skids, 19 Dec 2010
I tried these out yesterday in the snow. I tried them on trainers first and they had a tendency to slide off, but when I put them on my wellingtons, behind where the tread starts, they stayed in place nicely. I would think the same would work for boots. I walked through slush and deep snow in them comfortably for about a mile or two. They give a good grip on ice. I could walk across tarmac and concrete without major problems, but then I am quite lightweight and tread lightly. The good thing is they can be taken off and slipped into a pocket for going into shops or getting onto a bus, and then put back on again easily when needed. They seem robust and well made.

Page: 1 | 2