Profile for Paul Beesley, Beyond Theory > Reviews

Content by Paul Beesley, ...

Paul Beesley, Beyond Theory (Northampton)

Innovative Whack Pack: 60 Creativity Strategies to Provoke and Inspire Your Thinking
by Roger Von Oech
Edition: Cards
Price: 11.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great innovation!, 9 Dec 2012
As a business trainer and coach I run sessions with employers and business owners on how to create more business success. My clients love it and so do I. Thoroughly recommended for people in business or anyone else who wants to think differently.

Ricco P26 MINI DSP 2.0 CHANNEL Ultra Light Aluminium USB Portable Travel Powerful Speaker For Laptop Desktop MAC Computer Netbook ---(Built-in DSP USB Sound Card, NO messy 3.5mm audio line-in cable is required any more.) (Black)
Offered by Gadget Express
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick!, 9 Dec 2012
Excellent speaker and a great tool for my presentations. As a business trainer and coach this is an essential part of my toolkit.

Coaching with NLP For Dummies
Coaching with NLP For Dummies
by Kate Burton
Price: 11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 9 Dec 2012
As a NLP Master Practitioner, business trainer and coach this book is a valuable resource. A great collection of tools and techniques to draw upon, we'll presented by the Dummies brand and house-style. Thoroughly recommended by me.

Kensington 33374EU Wireless 2.4GHz USB Presenter + Red Laser;Compatible with PowerPoint(TM)/KeyNote(TM)
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 Dec 2012
Easy to use. Comfortable and uncomplicated. Portable and practical. As a business trainer and coach this is an essential part of my tool kit. I don't leave home without it!

Information is Beautiful
Information is Beautiful
by David McCandless

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 9 Dec 2012
I run my own training and coaching company that helps businesses grow and improve their performance and this book inspired me on the many options I have to present data. The content is fascinating and provokes lots of discussion but it's the artwork for me that really impresses.

Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
by John Kotter
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing is forever, 9 Dec 2012
A great short story that offers insight into managing change. The metaphor of an iceberg melting works extremely well and as the story unfolds this book provides guidance on how to build a team and manage change successfully. The book ends with a chilling reminder that change just never stops - just in case you thought it does!

I read this book before breakfast and have been richer for the experience. Recommended for managers, trainers and anyone involved in facilitating change.

Gung Ho!: How To Motivate People In Any Organization (The One Minute Manager)
Gung Ho!: How To Motivate People In Any Organization (The One Minute Manager)
by Kenneth Blanchard
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn how to engage your employees, 9 Dec 2012
I first read this book some15 years ago and have successfully used the key messages to engage employees in my teams and the organisations I have worked in ever since. Ken Blanchard is a superb story teller and this simple parable offers great insight into how to engage people at work. I now run my own training and coaching company that provides guidance and support to companies and organisations on how to improve business performance through employee engagement. This book is constantly in my mind as a reference tool. Thoroughly recommended!

The Trusted Advisor
The Trusted Advisor
by David H. Maister
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical as well as insightful, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Trusted Advisor (Paperback)
I run my own training and communications consultancy which is focused on employers getting more from their people. Building a trusting environment is key to this and The Trusted Advisor provides the most practical framework for doing so. Building trust is clearly an emotional thing and this book gives you lots of practical advice about how to go about doing so in a clear and understandable way. Thoroughly recommended for anyone who wants to get more from their relationships in business.