Profile for millawitch > Reviews

Content by millawitch

millawitch (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Arranview Jewellery 5 Pairs of Medium (appx 5mm) Butterfly Earring Backs Clasps Scrolls - 925 Silver
Offered by Arranview Jewellery

2.0 out of 5 stars Not pure Sterling Silver, 3 Oct. 2014
The earring backs are ok and not that small as some people reviewed, they were fine by me and fit my earrings. But - I'm sorry but this is not Sterling Silver - I have contact allergy to anything but silver or gold, this item most certainly is not pure silver, what a shame.

Glasscham Original Chamois Leather Glasses Cleaning Cloth # 902-500
Glasscham Original Chamois Leather Glasses Cleaning Cloth # 902-500
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Mar. 2014
Nothing is better than original Chamois leather for cleaning your glasses! Cleans completely without leaving any dust or smudges. Takes only a couple of wipes. Perfect size to keep in your glass case. I'm buying one for my husband too, the ones that come with your glasses are rubish. Completely satisfied.

London Villages: Explore the City's Best Local Neighbourhoods
London Villages: Explore the City's Best Local Neighbourhoods
by Zena Alkayat

3.0 out of 5 stars No more than a little coffee table book, 4 Feb. 2014
I bought this book to get to know more about London's hidden gems. The book has a card stock like cover so it's easy to flip through, although it is smaller in dimensions than I expected. It's pretty with lots of pictures but very succinct in the descriptions. The "navigation" is mostly frustrating as the table of contents shows numbered areas laid out on a map, subdivided into cardinal point areas but there's no mention to which borough / neighbourhood or even closest station they're actually in; for this you have to go to the village section, which is a bit of a pain as the page number for each village is not listed in the table of contents itself. If you're just flipping through, the top of the page only contains the village name with no reference to which area of the city you're looking at; if you're unfamiliar with some parts of London, you'll have to go and look at the beginning of the area section or at the table of contents to find out. At first one might think the last comment a little petty when you have villages named Highgate, Chelsea or Brixton, but for Exmouth or Goldborne Road... I lived in London for the past 6 and a half years, never heard of them and wouldn't even guess where they're supposed to be located. So, overall: lots of pictures, not a lot of information.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 5 July 2013
Bought this to replace my husband's old and feeble Babyliss Men beard trimmer (more like a travel model), he's very pleased. It used to take him 20 min or more with the old and less potent trimmer and many passes to achieve an uneven trim, not with this one - 5 min and he's done! The Lithium-ion battery is definitely a plus. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing happened, 5 July 2013
I read many reviews before buying this and it seemed the right thing for removing my feet's hard skin - did not work at all, not even after soaking feet for 20 min and drying well before applying the booties. I stayed with them on for the recommended 2 hours and washed, no moisturisers. Nothing happened.

Black Leather Pouch Case Xylo-Cover with Pull Up Cord: for the Apple iPod Touch (All Generations, All Capacities) MP3 Player.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item desciption, beware - NOT "All Generations, All Capacities", 26 Sept. 2012
I've received the product and although it looks ok, it's far too big for my iPod Touch Gen. 3 (2009, no camera version) - in fact, it's too big for my husband's iPhone 4! - both devices simply slip right out, no grip wathsoever. :(

The item description says "All Generations, All Capacities", but there is no option to choose size. I contacted the seller to see if they could send me the correct model and altough they were responsive and asked if I wanted to return the product and get a refund for it, they also confirmed they do not have a smaller case in stock.

I kept the XXL case for my phone which is bulkier, but I am not happy overall with it as my iPod still doesn't have a case.

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars My headphones broke before 1 year of use, 24 Sept. 2012
This item has 2 years warranty and it broke down even before completing 1 year of use.

This is not the first time that this model of headphones breaks WAY BEFORE the 2 years warranty is expired (this purchase was probably the 5th in less than 3 years!), but it is the only one I really like - great sound, great noise cancelling, great price - why does it have to break so often? :(

I am going for a replacement this time (order placed 30 Oct 2011).

Charlie and Lola - The Absolutely Complete Collection [DVD]
Charlie and Lola - The Absolutely Complete Collection [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, beautiful box set for my god-daughter, 27 Feb. 2012
Great value for money, bought this beautiful box set as a gift for my god-daughter, she loved it. I was really pleased too because I was a bit concerned that maybe it wouldn't play in Brazil where she lives, but the region settings work there too. Charlie and Lola are so cute! :)

Reebok Hand Weight  - 0.5 kg
Reebok Hand Weight - 0.5 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 27 Feb. 2012
Great little hand weights, very well made, I loved the colour too. Fast delivery, great price. I just have to apply myself to use it more. Recommend.

5 Star Hotel Luxury 100% Cotton Satin Stripe Duvet Set (White) (Double)
5 Star Hotel Luxury 100% Cotton Satin Stripe Duvet Set (White) (Double)
Offered by Adamlinens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Feb. 2012
Great product, high quality, super soft and beautiful! Bought it to go with my new "bedding upgrade" - a feather and down duvet. Recommend.

Page: 1 | 2