Profile for Mrs Antrim > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body
by Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars I just recently was told that my blood sugar was ..., 18 July 2016
I just recently was told that my blood sugar was pre-diabetic, much too high so I bought this book to help me lower it as I suffer from arthritis and unable to do much in the way of exercise except walk with a walking aid. After just 2 weeks REALLY sticking to Michael Mosleys diet I lost 14 pounds. It means changing your eating habits but I soon got used to doing without bread and potatoes and the odd biscuit but the effort is rewarding.
The recipes are very tasty ( except for the coconut flour ones, not to my liking) the science behind the diet is very understandable.

NRS Handi Tray with Foldaway Handle - for one handed use
NRS Handi Tray with Foldaway Handle - for one handed use

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy!, 22 Aug. 2015
How did I manage to bring a tray upstairs using a hand to hold on to the banister before?? Problem now solved! Thanks. I

Dip-San "The Hygienic Toilet Brush"
Dip-San "The Hygienic Toilet Brush"
Offered by BuyDirect4U

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best toilet brush cleaner system all-in-one ever, 22 Aug. 2015
This is the best toilet brush cleaner system all-in-one ever. I have had it since it came out some years ago and the holder and brush handle are as good as new, the holder keeps the brush neatly out of sight. The strong brush heads come in pairs, at first it did seem a bit expensive for just a toilet brush but as I have only changed the brush head twice since got it this means that it much more economical than cheaper models. Not only that, the Dip-San fluid keeps the brush clean (I have often seen toilet brushes in other bathrooms which I would be ashamed to use) and the holder tucks neatly into a corner of my bathroom.

Wicker Gift Hamper Basket - Size 4
Wicker Gift Hamper Basket - Size 4

5.0 out of 5 stars under the single bed in my very small guest bedroom because they looked better than plastic boxes, 27 Jun. 2015
I bought 3 of these hampers to store spare bedding etc. under the single bed in my very small guest bedroom because they looked better than plastic boxes, and I am very happy with the effect. The only thing I did was to cover the inside of the lids with fabric to keep dust out and I can get easy access with the handles, something you can't do with ugly plastic boxes.

Freeze Frame: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 4)
Freeze Frame: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 4)

Great story

Extraordinary People: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 1)
Extraordinary People: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 May 2015
I just love Peter May's books.

Blacklight Blue: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 3)
Blacklight Blue: An Enzo Macleod Investigation (The Enzo Files Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 May 2015
As I have said before I love all Peter May's books they bring the places and people to life.

CTM Mens Elastic Plastic Clip-End TSA Compliant Airport Braces, Navy
CTM Mens Elastic Plastic Clip-End TSA Compliant Airport Braces, Navy
Offered by BeltOutlet

1.0 out of 5 stars too too stretching braces, 14 May 2015
The clips were fine, just right for someone with a nickle allergy, but the elastic stretched and stretched until after 3 days they were not suited for purpose.

Paddy's Lament: Ireland 1846-1847 Prelude to Hatred
Paddy's Lament: Ireland 1846-1847 Prelude to Hatred
by Thomas Michael Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars The reasons for Paddy's lament, 4 May 2015
This non-fiction book is the best one I have ever read about the Irish potato famine of 1846/47. Thomas Galagher set out to discover why the Irish everywhere had such dislike for, and lamented about, England, hence the title "Paddy's Lament"
Being Irish I grew up hearing a lot about the famine, the causes and England's part in the aftermath. I heard stories of emigration and famine ships but this book puts all the facts together and backs them up with references to the contemporary Government papers and press reports. It has been extremely well researched and despite all the detail it was an easy read and I would recomend it to anyone wanting to know the plain facts.

Buyincoins USB 2.0 DVB-T2 HDTV Stick DVB-T DVB-T2 FM DAB Recorder Receiver Adapter Remote

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work as specified, 6 Jun. 2014
Awful - the worst piece of kit I have ever plugged into a USB port.

Tested it on three Windows PCs using two different antennas (one for BBC, other for RTÉ).
TV tuner does not work AT ALL with Windows XP - neither RealTek DVB-T nor Panasonic DVB-T2 chips work.
TV tuner works in DVB-T (no HiDef or RTÉ) with Windows 7 - Panasonic DVB-T2 chip doesn't work.
Needs massively strong signal - and I live 500m from the nearest transmitter!
Updated drivers and software from manufacturer make no difference.

We're used to poor software and dodgy manuals at the lower end of the market and can forgive these minor quibbles so long as the device itself works as specified. In this instance, the entire project is cursed with spectacularly bad workmanship. It's less a multimedia device, more a random collection of chips and drivers bundled together in a shoddy plastic casing - it's even the wrong shape for wiping with.

Avoid this item - and I urge you to think hard about a couple of very similar items I've seen elsewhere on this site.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3