Profile for Darryl Curtis > Reviews

Content by Darryl Curtis

Darryl Curtis "Max" (Shepperton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Draper 75363 345 mm Topiary Shears
Draper 75363 345 mm Topiary Shears

1.0 out of 5 stars buy a higher quality pair, 3 Oct. 2015
Firstly. Amazons customer service was excellent in giving me a refund. Because.... Within 2 months of owning a small gauge appeared at the biting point of these, making them impossible to use. Previous draper products I have had have been excellent, but this one was terrible

100 Paper Planes to Fold and Fly
100 Paper Planes to Fold and Fly
by Andy Tudor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan. 2015
Brilliant. 100 pages of different multicolour paper aeroplanes to make. 1 nephew very happy

Jamm Door Stop Honey Beige
Jamm Door Stop Honey Beige
Offered by Jamm Products

1.0 out of 5 stars It simply does not work on wooden floor, kardean floor or ceramic tiled floor, 5 Jan. 2015
This is stated as holding open doors from both sides, and fixed in position. Sounded great

Bought it. Placed as per the instructions under a wooden door, with clean wooden floor (and a second time with kardean floor). I asked my 4 year old to close the door. She pushed with her weight around 17kg and it slipped on the floor and the door banged shut.

The picture on the pack shows a child pulling it with force. This is simply not the case.

I am returning it for a refund
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 8:34 PM GMT

Zyliss Garlic Press
Zyliss Garlic Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best garlic press ever, 10 Feb. 2012
I don't understand any of the negative reviews of this.

Why I like it

1. It feels very sturdy in the hand. Not going to break easily
2. It presses the garlic, by simply putting the whole bulb inside (no smelly cutting or peeling)
3. It works every time, getting great pressed garlic.
4. Cleaning is easy with the little blue attachment. It slots directly into the holes to allow ou to push out any bits left easily.
5. The blue cleaner stores neatly in the handle. To stop it getting lost.

I cannot think of anything they could do to improve this.

Simply Brilliant

The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what Childens Books SHOULD BE LIKE, 7 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
Our daughter is 10 months. We have;
- Been bought
- Bought
- Borrowed from the library

Lots of books for her

This is without doubt my favourite book.

It's not about learning ABC
It's not about touching and feeling
It's not about three words on every page

Its a book in the old fashioned sense.
Its a book for parents to enjoy reading to their children, and for them to love.

You can put on different voices, and read the characters in different voices and have real fun with you child, and they will love it cos there's nothing like Dad coming home from work and reading his kid a story before they go to bed.

I got it today and read it to my daugther twice. In a few months when she is older I think this book could be a fantastic time for me to have with her.

Sheer Brilliance

The Hollies: The Ep [DVD]
The Hollies: The Ep [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Hollies
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

4.0 out of 5 stars The is a review from a seller, so people have a clearer description of the item, 25 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Hollies: The Ep [DVD] (DVD)
DVD Description
This affordable priced DVD-EP package features original rare TV appearances from German Television from the Hollies. During the 1960's the Hollies entered the UK top twenty over twenty times

4 Tracks Included:
Jennifer Eccles 1968
Do The Best You Can 1968
Listen To Me 1968
Sorry Suzanne 1969

RUNNING TIME 10 Mins 44 sec

The rest of the running time of the DVD features other artists from the EP Series, totalling around 70 minutes

Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black
Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry kicks the backside of Dyson, 24 Feb. 2009
I also have a review for a Dyson vacuum cleaner which I was thoroughly disappointed with. To show that I am not just a grumbler I will review my fantastic Henry.

It may lack the high tech looks and features. It may look fun and child like. BUT.... He packs a punch. He sucks up dirt like no vacuum I have ever used, even when on carpets.

It is no wonder that Builders, Plasterers, Painters, Office Cleaners all rely on Henry's. The are simple, easy to use, and incredibly effective.

They also feel very robust. I have only had mine for 6 months, so I can't give a long term to view. However my mum has used one to clean her church, and it is over 15 years old, and still going strong.

Simply a GREAT product

Peter Kay's Special Kay [DVD]
Peter Kay's Special Kay [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Peter Kay has turned over to the dark side, 1 Dec. 2008
I am a massive fan of Peter Kay. Top of the Tower, Albert Halls, Phoenix Nights and Max & Paddy all sit proudly in my DVD collection.

I was really annoyed when I bought the Live from Manchester DVD, as it was a virtually identical performance to Albert Halls, and I could believe he had released something he knew many fans already had.

Now this. A DVD that is similar to Driven to Distraction (which retailed for about a fiver). Unseen footage, footage which has been watched many times. Nothing new.

Peter Kay has burnt out, and is now being ruthlessly sold by the marketing men, who will destroy his fan base for him.

I have got to the stage where I don't trust buying any of his stuff.

BRING BACK THE OLD PETER KAY, WITH ORIGINAL MATERIAL AND LOADS OF LAUGHS

Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2)
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2)

2.0 out of 5 stars I waited with anticipation and was disappointed, 13 Feb. 2008
I had read so many reviews on this game, and the previous version. So may raved about it, and being the original was the best selling star wars game of all time, so I thought it has got to be worth a crack, as I love the films.

I got a copy recently, and I was under whelmed. OK positives are the star wars elements, the music, the film clips, and playing as stormtroopers, jedi's etc.

Maybe I haven't got into it yet, but the whole think feels to samey. The shooting games are just run around a fire randomly, there seems little skill or cannyness involved, unlike other games such as Medal of Honor, Battlefront, Call of Duty.

The missions all seem the same too, no variety.

The space ships ones are the same. It seems too fast to really involve skill, just frantically tracking and firing, then getting shot from behind.

I tried really hard to like this, but I think I will resell it again after 2 weeks of owning.

Genuinely gutted as I had waited 2 years to buy it.

Cooking Mama (Nintendo DS)
Cooking Mama (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

2.0 out of 5 stars I have missed something, 19 Jan. 2008
Maybe after playing Mario Carts, Brain Training, Super Mario World on the DS, the standards have been set too high. But I was really disappointed by this game.

It simply allows you to carry out the most banal tasks with the stylus. It has nothing to do with absorbing gaming or learning to cook. It is entertaining for 10 minutes.. then you are done.

I can't really think who this game would be popular with, but not 32yr old guys, unlike many of the other DS titles.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2010 10:39 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4