Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion
Profile for Jason Selby > Reviews

Content by Jason Selby

Jason Selby (Loughborough)

Cider With Roadies
Cider With Roadies
by Stuart Maconie

5.0 out of 5 stars To See How Men are..., 14 July 2007
This review is from: Cider With Roadies (Paperback)
A really great read for anyone, who like me is grazing 40 and loves music and the indie scene in particular. Stuart's style is witty and entertaining not deep and self revealing as other memoirs are but that is easily overcome by the depth of detail about the music which is the focus of the book.

It was a great joy for me reading this on holiday in the sunshine but being transported in imagination to the Wigan Casino and great gigs in Manchester etc. Seeing the rise of the Factory records and The Smiths through the eyes of someone who was there is a true joy.

I can't help but give it 5 stars.

Creative Jukebox Zen
Creative Jukebox Zen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is simply wonderful, 11 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Creative Jukebox Zen (Electronics)
The Creative Zen is a superb piece of kit. It has a good build quality and is easy to operate and rip music to. I can't think of any omissions in terms of functionality apart from the lack of a stop button as another reviewer noted. You can skip tracks, compile playlists both on your PC and on the player itself, fast forward and rewind (a must when listening to audio books). I have my entire CD collection on it (around 250 cds) at 160kbps WMA. I have also started ripping audio tapes to WAV on my PC and transferring them onto it which automatically converts them to WMA format. I lent it to my brother and sister in law for their week away in Spain and didn't get it back for three weeks they couldn't bear to part with it. I have just teamed it with Sound Feeder FM transmitter so I can use it in the car. Overall 5 stars +.