Profile for CaptainSensible > Reviews

Content by CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible "rich--m"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
4 x Screw Caps & Nozzles for silicone sealant, mastic and EU3 Cartidges - Helps prevent silicone and adhesives from going hard in the tube.
Offered by Truly PVC Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars All filler cartridges should come with one of these as standard, 21 July 2015
Great. I stick one of these on each of my filler cartridges: caulk, white silicone, clear silicone etc. Once you've done the job it seals pretty well until the next time.

Wera 05073597001 Hex-Plus Hex Key Set 950 SPKL/9 SB High Torque with Ball-end, Metric Long 1.5 mm-10 mm, 9-Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, recommended, 21 July 2015
As with all Wera tools the quality is outstanding. You might have to mortgage your house to buy a set of these, but they are sturdy, well made and come in a nice sturdy clip to keep them all together. You only have to buy a set of these once though, and it should last you. Recommended.

PROMiXX Upgrade Pack: High Power Rechargeable Battery + Integrated Storage. (Black)
Offered by Whey Forward Health Industries Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars First one I received had a problem, 21 July 2015
Was waiting excitedly for my upgrade pack to arrive. After fully charging the unit I realised that there was a fault with the switch, only turning the motor on intermittently. The motor seems faster than the motor unit in the standard Promixx so might work better. But it gets a one-star from me because of the poor quality.

Gino's Veg Italia!: 100 quick and easy vegetarian recipes
Gino's Veg Italia!: 100 quick and easy vegetarian recipes
by Gino D'Acampo

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 July 2015
Great recipes and a few photos of Gino to keep the wife happy. A little bit of Italy in your kitchen.

Westland Eraza Ant Powder
Westland Eraza Ant Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 21 July 2015
Had a problem with ants nests on my new block-paved drive. The little rascals were building nests in between my blocks and digging up the sand. You don't need to use much of this stuff at all. My technique is to sprinkle a little 'ring of powder' around the nest so that any ant heading in or out of the nest will get some of this powder on them (and once that happens they're a gonner, eventually), and then sprinkle a little on the nest. They'll all come crawling out thinking the nest is under attack and then get covered in the powder that you sprinkled around the nest. It takes from a few hours to a day or so before there's no more activity. Very effective.

JUnit Pocket Guide
JUnit Pocket Guide
by Kent Beck

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 21 July 2015
This review is from: JUnit Pocket Guide (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping to get some of Kent Beck's test-first expertise distilled into a small reference but this book is not substantial enough, and really just is a quick reference for driving JUnit tests. If, like me, you want some of Kent Beck's excellence then you'll have to buy some of his proper books on test-first development or XP methodologies. Not really worth the money.

PROMiXX: The Original Vortex Mixer. World's most advanced protein shaker - BLACK
Offered by Whey Forward Health Industries Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixes egg white protein powder eventually, 21 July 2015
I bought this to mix my egg white protein powder, as a standard hand shaker doesn't do the job well enough and doesn't produce a smooth mixture, leaving loads of lumps of protein powder. I can't use whey-based protein powders as I have a dairy intolerance. This performs a little better than a hand shaker but unfortunately still cannot completely mix the egg white protein powder and so I still get undissolved lumps. I was hoping this would be my solution to lumpy shakes, alas not. The only machine I've found so far that properly mixes egg white protein powder is an electric hand blender with metal blade.

** UPDATE **
This will mix egg white protein powder but takes around a minute and it's best to fit the lid and give the contents a swirl while the vortex motor is working. Eventually the lumps disappear. Egg protein powder is not easy to mix. Might be better with the rechargeable version.

Stagg KEB-A10 Adjustable Keyboard Bench
Stagg KEB-A10 Adjustable Keyboard Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy stool and good value, 28 April 2015
I bought this to use with a Kawai ES-7 piano that will be used mostly at home in the living room, but occasionally elsewhere so I was looking for a piano stool that was sturdy but easily transportable. This is it. It's simple but quite robust and very good value at the price.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 Dove White Ravel
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 Dove White Ravel

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, I have six of them, 1 Sept. 2014
See my other review of the black one. I have about six of these I love them so much.

Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny very high quality unit with amazing sound quality, 1 Sept. 2014
What can I say? I heard this in a high street retailer and was blown away by the sound quality, especially from such a tiny unit. When you actually pick it up, it's weight is quite substantial and you then realise what a high quality unit this is. You can plug the charger directly into the unit, or into the supplied cradle which charges the Bose when you dock it with the cradle. Can't comment on the battery life as I just mostly use it in its cradle. I'm very pleased with this. It has a better overall sound quality than its larger big brother from Bose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4