Profile for P H > Reviews

Content by P H

P H

Einhell BG-MT 3336 163CC Petrol Tiller
Einhell BG-MT 3336 163CC Petrol Tiller

1.0 out of 5 stars A really poor machine. It does take quite a bit of ..., 18 Mar. 2015
A really poor machine. It does take quite a bit of effort to assemble this tiller and then the clutch cable was the wrong length and couldn't be adjusted. I now have to drain out all the petrol and oil and return it. It will have wasted a lot of time and energy. Don't buy this.

National Trust Solid Forged Border Spade (Old Version)
National Trust Solid Forged Border Spade (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent garden spade, 16 July 2013
My previous spade was a Spear and Jackson and it broke after about ten years of use. This new National Trust spade certainly has a more comfortable feel and is very easy to use. It is on the small side but for general garden use and digging over small beds that is just perfect because I find myself working more quickly with it. It has a very solid, well built feel.

J.S. Bach: Das Wohltemperierte Clavier (Books I & II)
J.S. Bach: Das Wohltemperierte Clavier (Books I & II)

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointing, 16 Mar. 2013
I have listened to many versions of the Well-Tempered Clavier. My favorite account has always been the one which Glenn Gould recorded. Gould's playing is so vital and rhythmic and always vividly characterized. Sometimes one has to accept Gould's eccentricities but nobody has ever had the ability to play contrapuntal music with so much independence of line as Gould. Unfortunately I find this recent recording by Schiff unnecessarily compromised by his rather dogmatic reluctance to employ the sustaining pedal. There are rather too many instances when I think that the music would benefit from a small amount of pedal. It's remarkable playing never-the-less and is extremely well judged and intelligently played but I have often found a dimension missing with Schiff's Bach recordings which is sometimes there when you hear him playing live. A certain degree of vitality and communication. The live RFH performance of the Goldberg Variations was so much more vital than the most recent recorded version on ECM which was made at the same time which sounds rather flat in comparison. I have listened to this recording of the 48 about 12 times but now find myself returning to the Gould again and enjoying it more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2016 12:18 PM GMT

LG - DRT389H Digital TV DVD Recorder with USB 2.0 Interface
LG - DRT389H Digital TV DVD Recorder with USB 2.0 Interface

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Product, 23 Sept. 2010
This was a bad buy for me. I either had a faulty product or the elctronics are generally very poor. It glitched within a few moments of operation and then I was unable to make it work at all. It took ages to boot up and the remote control didn't function. It had a poor quality feel about it. I had it packaged up ready to send back less than an hour after opening the box. I would not recommend buying this cheap product.