Profile for Amber-Rose Thomas > Reviews

Content by Amber-Rose Thomas

Amber-Rose Thomas

Page: 1 | 2
#HigherSelfie: Wake Up Your Life. Free Your Soul. Find Your Tribe.
#HigherSelfie: Wake Up Your Life. Free Your Soul. Find Your Tribe.
by Lucy Sheridan

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for every millennial you know!, 10 May 2016
I bought this book ahead of the release date at Hay House Ignite, but it's taken me this long to review it because I've been savouring it.
I was a little worried that I'd find it too simple, too "beginner"; written for the newbs.

It IS an easy read, which is actually perfect. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but by no means is it fluffly or full of filler content. There were gems on every other page, and my poor copy is now highlighted and post-it-noted.

What I love about this book is that it makes spirituality and self help accessible. The amount of 'spiritual shaming' that goes on is actually astounding, and I hadn't even noticed how it had impacting my life until I read this book. It's equal parts affirming and inspiring, and I bet you'll adore it. Whether you into woowoo, spiritual stuff or not, BUY THIS FOR EVERY MILLENNIAL YOU KNOW. They will thank you later, probably with grateful tears.

Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting!, 27 Sept. 2015
I have been listening to some Abraham recordings online, otherwise I think I might have found this book a little overwhelming as a first read. The concepts that Abraham teaches though are brilliant and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the energetic side of the law of attraction

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) (The Miracle Morning Book Series 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised it was so good. Now recommending it to everyone., 9 Sept. 2015
Hal writes like he has never been more excited about anything in his life than this book and the Miracle Morning. And rightly so!
The concept isn't groundbreaking. In fact, it was something I was already half-heartedly doing - I just called it my morning routine.
However, there is something about this book and the way in which Hal has packaged it up that is so motivating, that I would never have made those good intentions an actual habit had I not read it.

AMOS Inflatable Travel Pillow Car Aeroplane Plane Flight Soft Comfort Neck Head Support Rest Stress Relief Cushion Home Camping Coach Bus Train TV Reading

3.0 out of 5 stars All good. Only problem was that it was not easy ..., 14 Dec. 2014
All good. Only problem was that it was not easy to deflate. I spent ages carrying it around airports waiting for it to go down because no matter how much pressure you put on it, it didn't seem to deflate.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK, 14 Dec. 2014
Save yourself the time of reading this review or any other, and just BUY THIS BOOK.
Trust me.

I have read lots of books and articles about tidying or decluttering, and have even taken two courses on it.
I know, I'm crazy.
But I was also sick to death of spending every other weekend tidying for hours on end. Hell, there's only two of us in a two bedroomed house, although it's quite a spacious one, but I couldn't work out how we were generating so much clutter.

I devoured this book in less than a day. I just couldn't put it down. Her methods seemed like more effort, but it worked. Pure and simple. This is the first time I have ever felt in control over my home and it's tidiness.

My only critique, and perhaps something that should have been covered as an appendix - what do you do when you reach things which you know you don't want, but can't afford to replace. For example, I can't throw away my sofa even though I hate it - not could I throw out all my workout gear because I can't afford to replace it all in one go. How do you apply the method to furniture?
You need to create what I call an 'upgrade plan' - make a list of all the things you know you want to throw away but can't yet, and make a conscious effort to upgrade them as soon as you can afford to do so. My current upgrade list includes my sofa, my fridge and all my saucepans. When I've finished replacing them with something I really love - I'll reevaluate and upgrade anything else that doesn't meet the standard, as set out in this book: "Does it bring you joy?"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2015 6:44 AM BST

The Life Coaching Handbook: Everything you need to be an effective life coach
The Life Coaching Handbook: Everything you need to be an effective life coach
by Curly Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good advice here, 22 Aug. 2014
Lots of good advice here, but it's a little dated now. I seem to remember advice about coaching via phone, getting a fax machine and business cards. In the digital age it's much more efficient and cheaper to use Skype and get yourself a good website. You'll also reach far more people than you would had you just relied on referrals from family friends. Personally, I wouldn't recommend coaching friends and family at all, but there you go...

The actual instruction on how to coach, and examples of questions etc was really interesting. Probably worth a read just for that.

Make Every Man Want You: or Make Yours Want You More): How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
by Marie Forleo

4.0 out of 5 stars ... fan of Marie Forleo and this is a really good book. Nothing groundbreaking though, 22 Aug. 2014
I'm a big fan of Marie Forleo and this is a really good book. Nothing groundbreaking though.
So if you're already a fan you might appreciate the read. Otherwise, I think I would have been disappointed.

Cuisinart Mini Food Processor
Cuisinart Mini Food Processor

4.0 out of 5 stars This is TINY, but really cute and handy., 22 Aug. 2014
Gorgeous but expensive. I had a voucher for this and got it for £7.99. I wouldn't have paid more than £20 for it otherwise.

This is so cute and handy! It's perfect for making hummus, sauces, dips, pestos, that kinda thing. I haven't made nut butter in it yet so I may come update my review then.

Triton Seville 10.5kW Electric Shower
Triton Seville 10.5kW Electric Shower

5.0 out of 5 stars Really amazed at how well this works, 22 Aug. 2014
Really amazed at how well this works! Was expecting to have problems because it was so cheap but it's really fantastic. Great water pressure and the temperature control is really good. On my previous unit, you had to crank the temperature all the way up to 9 just to get it lukewarm. Not so with this.

It isn't the most attractive thing in the world, but you can see that from the pictures.

The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
by Steven Pressfield

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic book and is full of inspiring and motivational gems ..., 22 Aug. 2014
This is a fantastic book and is full of inspiring and motivational gems whether you are a writer, entrepreneur, creator or not. If you want to accomplish ANYTHING in your life but you're struggling to get the job done, this is the book for you.

I will admit that some of the things Mr Pressfield does say I don't entirely agree with. It is difficult to see the point behind his Hitler comment as some other reviewers have pointed out - but in general if you read it with a purpose to find the lessons that will work for you - you will get a lot out of this book. It sounds like some people reached a line they didn't understand or agree with and threw the book down and rushed to their computer to review it in a temper tantrum.

Persevere with this book. It's well worth it.

Page: 1 | 2