Profile for N. Compton > Reviews

One Giant Leap: Apollo 11 Forty Years on
One Giant Leap: Apollo 11 Forty Years on
by Piers Bizony

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I Know, 15 Feb 2010
Really well put together and informative book. Ideal for anyone who has an interest in the Appollo mission.

HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat
HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Oct 2009
Had a previous model which, after several years of really hard work, gave up so I needed to look at a replacement. As my major problem is shoulder orientated I opted for this model that has the separate shoulder option so as not to have to use the whole chair - often spotting in one place only. Works brilliantly and I have no hesitation recommending this. Have told various friends who have purchased themselves and all are delighted.

Motorola F3 Orange Pre-Pay Mobile Phone Including 10 Airtime
Motorola F3 Orange Pre-Pay Mobile Phone Including 10 Airtime

1.0 out of 5 stars No No No, 4 Feb 2009
Despite the warnings from other reviewers I went ahead and puchased this phone. No air time nor could I get it to work. After much messing around took it to a local mobile phone shop who said it won't work - period.
Hopefully I will receive a refund but will not chase it - for the amount of time I have already wasted it hardly seems worthwhile for 12. Perhaps this is why telephone companies make such massive profits?!

Freedom Universal HID/SPP Bluetooth Keyboard (QWERTY)
Freedom Universal HID/SPP Bluetooth Keyboard (QWERTY)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 12 July 2008
Having read three of the four reviews on Amazon for this product I looked at finding something else suitable. However I ultimately decided that this was the only keyboard that would work with my Blackberry and decided to jump in and have a go. What a delight! It is everything I expected and works really well. The keyboard is a great size, both open and when folded, and the lock works sufficiently well to make it stable - although it does help to put it on a book rather than just your knees. I lay on my hotel bed on a business trip recently and typed away quite contentedly.

In fairness I did find the online instructions too vague (I do not consider myself particularly good with new hardware/software) but was able to understand enough to then connect. The login details given did not work and a simple email to the help desk found them installing the necessary drivers/password and I was up and running very swiftly. The delivery from the selling company was swift too.

So far I am delighted with the product. There was no CD needed for installation and, on the basis of my accepted lack of ability, anyone should be able to connect easily - failing which Freedom will do it for you.

For emailing on the move and web browsing this beats carrying a laptop around with you and trying to find wi-fi or pay for connections