Profile for Foal23 > Reviews

Content by Foal23

Foal23

The Hour of Meeting Evil Spirits: An Encyclopedia of Mononoke and Magic: Volume 2 (The Night Parade of One Hundred Demons)
by Mr. Matthew Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Yokai Fan Takes Second Bite and Is Not Disappointed, 28 Dec. 2015
My yokai journey with this second volume has been equally exciting for me. After finishing the Night Parade (Vol 1). I contacted the author Matthew Meyer to express my interest in future books. I was way behind everyone else and a kickstarter project had already been launched and successfully completed. To my delight this book was already in the final stages of completion. On a personal note I have to hugely commend Matthew Meyer who is very approachable, knowledgeable and driven. His passion for his subject has no limits and I regularly email him on facebook (be sure to like his page please). Finally after a good 6 months of email pestering I heard the good news in June 2015 of the release of this book. I waited a further 6 months anf requested a hardback dual copy of both volumes for Christmas.

With regards to the book. I am still in the early stages of reading it. The quality of the illustrations maintains the standard of Matthew's last book. The explanations on each yokai is varied in depth page to page. This is down to what information is known about the individual entries. Some are less well known than others. The layout is virtually identical but that suited me perfectly.

Buy this book today and if you love these as much as I do start pledges support on Matthew Meyer's patreon account to help more books get published.

The Night Parade of One Hundred Demons: A Field Guide to Japanese Yokai: Volume 1
by Mr. Matthew Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars I Bought 3 Copies, 28 Dec. 2015
I first discovered this book in mid 2014 as I became interested I the subject of yokai. I wanted a book that gave as much detail as possible but in an accessible manner. Matthew Meyer delivers the most accessible yokai book on the market as each double page has a high quality original art piece accompanying text on the left side. In this book you will find weird, wonderful and sometimes horrific yokai that has very little Western exposure. Since buying this book I have given my first copy to a friend, bought a second copy for a Xmas present in 2014 for another friend and finally bought a combined copy of both books in hardback for Xmas 2015. Buying this book is the single best thing you can do to launch your interest in yokai. Don't delay.

Yokai Museum: The Art of Japanese Supernatural Beings from Yumoto Koichi Collection
by PIE Books
Edition: Tankobon Softcover

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 Dec. 2015
Delightful read. It's a stunning collection of art that keeps me coming back for another flick through. The quality of this book is very high. The layout is simple, going through various ages of yokai and the mediums used to depict them.

New Humour Insanity T-shirt (Medium)
New Humour Insanity T-shirt (Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanity Instructor Looks The Part, 22 April 2014
Totally delighted with the product. I teach Insanity at my gyma ne I now look the part. Fast delivery (48hours) cannot complain. Cracking stuff

Schleich - Dilophosaurus
Schleich - Dilophosaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars DINOSAURS, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Schleich - Dilophosaurus (Toy)
This was very reasonably priced, and my little boy was delighted with how scientifically accurate the model is.
Would definitely recommend to any dinosaur-enthusiast.

Peopletree Ellen Stripe Body Con Women's Dress Blue Melange Stripe 8
Peopletree Ellen Stripe Body Con Women's Dress Blue Melange Stripe 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Casual Dress, in 100% cotton., 3 Jan. 2013
100% cotton dresses are difficult to find, and this one is an absolute gem.,
(I have a skin condition which means that I can only wear cotton, as opposed to viscose or nylon or polyester etc.)
This dress is beautifully form-fitting without being revealing.
Suitable for most smart-casual occasions, this dress can be worn with or without tights/leggings and unlike most dresses does not ride up to expose too much flesh.
Overall I'm thoroughly delighted with this product and wish I had at least another five.

Dixit Expansion 2
Dixit Expansion 2
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Double the Fun!, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Dixit Expansion 2 (Toy)
This expansion provides more of the same that Dixit 1 offers. This isn't to say that it isn't worth buying however! The artwork is fantastic by any standard and Dixit 2 basically doubles your card deck offering a longer game at a low price. Excellent stuff!