Profile for mango12 > Reviews

Content by mango12

mango12

Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One)
Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Assassin's Creed, 15 Nov. 2014
Great game, it's a shame that there are so many negative reviews, but don't let that put you off. As of launch there are minor issues, most notably frame rate drops which I myself have noticed, however I'm sure that an update will address that soon (in fact the xbox one version doesn't include a lot of the glitches the ps4 and pc have been experiencing and also appears to have a more stable frame rate, however it does drop).

Away from the negatives though, this game has excellent visuals, a variety of missions and side missions and offers excellent gameplay, especially with the sleek-looking parkour up, free running and the newly added parkour down options. I have spent around 4 hours with the game so far,am currently on sequence 2 and I'm already impressed with the main missions. After finishing sequence one, which is basically the tutorial sequence,it throws you right in, giving you a variety of options very soon on. This includes full character customization, with colours of head,chest,arms,legs all changeable. Also new is a skill point based system that allows you to earn points and spend them in a way you want, whether that be upgrading your lock-picking ability, or improving your combat,stealth or ranged weapon abilities. A city in assassin's creed has never been as dense as 18th century Paris, excellent 1:1 scale buildings like the notre dame, as well as interiors that take no loading to enter. I have not yet played the online yet, I'm personally more of a single player person and am more interested in collecting treasures and doing side missions such as the murders where you follow clues using eagle vision to give you a better understanding of the criminal, allowing you to accuse anyone, even the wrong person, however this will lower your reward.

So in conclusion, this is the best assassin's creed yet, at least after these initial problems are fixed, the game has dozens of hours of side missions on top of the main story (which allows you mostly to use whatever approach you want), it also has excellent gameplay due to the excellent flow of the parkour that looks better than ever. Watch out assassin's creed 2, Unity's out to get ya!

Xbox One Console with Kinect
Xbox One Console with Kinect

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox One- An in depth review, 29 July 2014
This is a great overall console that does much more than gaming, I have broken up this review in sections with a conclusion at the end to sum up. Just to say, this is my first Xbox, I didn't have a 360 or the original Xbox.

Hardware

You can hook it up to your sky or virgin (or any other TV provider) through the HDMI in port, a sneaky trick is that you can really connect anything with a HDMI port including a dvd or blu ray reader or even a ps4! The Xbox also has HDMI out of course ethernet, 2 usb 3.0 and another usb 3 on the side (which can be used for external storage), a specific port to plug in the kinect (which I will get into later) ir out blaster. On a separate note, this console is very large, but not as big as some people make it out to be, i'm not saying it's small, it's slightly larger and deeper than the original xbox 360, however i have limited space in my "entertainment centre" as some may say and it fits just fine.

Games

Do not be concerned about anyone who says " games don't look as good as the ps4" because you can't tell the difference, this console plays games smoothly and they look beautiful, and Xbox have really upped their game with, well games. They have some really good exclusives coming out in the end of 2014 as well as some highly anticipated games for next year, ie quantum break and Halo 5: Guardians. As well as those games, there are some really good multi-platform games for both Xbox one and ps4: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity etc. Just so you know, every game needs to install, you need to do this regardless to what game it is, it's the same as the ps4. Games can vary with install times and depending on when you buy the game it my need to download an update too. I installed lego hobbit which was 10gb and it installed within 10 minutes (my download speed is 2.5 mbps! Not 25 megabits but 2.5). However you don't have to wait until it has 100% downloaded, it can vary between 5% and 60% is the maximum I've seen so far, so you can play quicker.

Xbox live

Xbox live gold is really good as well, I recommend buying a gift card for 12 months of Xbox live gold rather than a monthly subscription. With Xbox live, it allows access to achievements in games, which for those who don't know, each game has certain achievements, for example in dead rising 3 you can get an achievement for killing 1000 zombies. Each achievement comes with what they call 'gamerscore' where you get points based on how difficult the achievement was, for example killing 1000 zombies gets you 15 gamerscore, killing 100,000 gets you 25 gamerscore. Some achievments in games can be as simple as completing story missions, or as difficult as getting 100% in assassins creed, but there's nothing like that sense of accomplishment! You can also choose a picture and nickname for your profile, the standard stuff. There are also games with gold, with two free games a month, the games are alright, there free so what do you expect, but they each kill a few hours for me a month. When playing multiplayer, you will earn reputation, so if you play well and are friendly to people or help them out etc you will earn a good reputation which makes you look good and people are likely to want to friend you, or if you want to be a troll or ruin people's experience you will earn a poor reputation. The best part is that when playing multiplayer you will be matched with someone with equal reputation, so if you're bad, you will be matched up with someone else with a bad reputation, or if you have a great reputation you will be matched with someone with a great reputation.

Kinect 2

At the moment in the UK the console with kinect 2.0 is only £30 more expensive, so for god's sake buy the one with kinect, the gesture controls need a bit of improving, but I have my kinect about 6 feet away from where I sit, and I would say the voice commands have about a 90% success rate. The only times they didn't work was when I said "Xbox volume down" because I couldn't find my TV controller, and because there was so much noise it didn't here, which is acceptable, but otherwise commands like "Xbox on", "Xbox turn off" and "Xbox play disc" are a joy to use. Facial recognition works perfectly every time, when I walk in it knows that it's me and signs me in with my face (which is optional). "Xbox record that" records the last 30 seconds of gameplay and is my favourite command up there with "Xbox on".

User interface

With a very windows 8 ish interface, the Xbox one software is smooth and fast, you can download apps from the store such as the standard youtube and netflix, as well as upload studio which allows you to record and upload gameplay straight from your TV on to places such as youtube with places like twitch coming in the very near future. The ability to snap is something I thought I would not use and I thought wouldn't work well. I was wrong. When I get an achievement and I press and hold the home button or say "Xbox show details" and it snaps the achievements app and tells me what I just did, it's great. Or snap a guide on internet explorer whilst I'm playing a game works amazingly. You can pin apps for quick access, and when you sign in as a certain person, it will load their profile with how they set up their pins. One of my favourite features of the interface is the ability to press the home button when playing a game, go and do something else in the console, say go into youtube, quit out of youtube 20 minutes later (or whatever time really) and then go back into the game and resume from exactly where I was 20 minutes ago.

Controller

For those of you who used the Xbox 360 controller, it will instantly feel similar, except with some changes. Microsoft touts that there are 40 changes from the 360 to the new Xbox one controller, but I notice 7 major ones, the d-pad is now no longer circular and is very clicky with good feedback, the material used on the front is now softer and smoother, the A B X Y buttons are clearer to see, the home button has been moved up to the top rather than central and looks nicer, there are now impulse triggers which are motors in the triggers which rumble, for example in dead rising when you have only 5 bullets left you feel the right trigger rumble and the rumble becomes more violent as your bullets decrease, the rumble triggers also work well in racing games such as Forza. Another change is there is now no large battery pack on the back of the controller, the analogue sticks now are actually slightly smaller and have a rougher texture on the edges for better grip. Battery life is great, I've been using AA duracell batteries for the last 3 days where altogether I've played around 15 hours of games and it's just over half full.

Conclusion/ roundup

For my first Xbox, this has really been a great experience, my last console before this was actually the ps3, the Xbox one has assured me that I was right in making the switch to Xbox, there are some excellent exclusives, it is great for multi-media, it has a much improved controller with excellent vibrations and feedback, the novelty of Kinect still hasn't worn off for me yet either! Xbox live is great fun with multiplayer and a gold membership gives you access to all online features. This is a top noch console which has a bright future ahead of it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 2:15 PM BST

iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
Offered by BPM UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Jun. 2013
It is excellent value, they're not first class screen protectors, but are very good quality for their price, I am very pleased with them

Fujifilm Finepix JZ250 ( 16 MP,8 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Fujifilm Finepix JZ250 ( 16 MP,8 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!, 15 April 2013
This camera is brilliant, it automatically chooses a setting for you, depending on which mode looks best. It's video quality is brilliant. This camera is light, it's screen is brilliant and it's zoom is amazing. I strongly recommend this camera

ZombiU (Nintendo Wii U)
ZombiU (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Feb. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Not the best of games, I find it hard to work out how to progress though, but good fun though

(B) Wii Remote / Controller BLACK Dual Charging Dock with 2 FREE Rechargeable Batteries - for use with or without Wii Motion Plus - iZKA® One Stop Shop For All Your Accessory Needs
Offered by iBox Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs to fit better, 1 Feb. 2013
A great product, came quickly looks good, but is hard to position it right for it to charge this gets on my nerves as it needs to charge for 12 hrs

Homer Rotating Eyes Wall Clock
Homer Rotating Eyes Wall Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't know what the fuss is about, 2 Nov. 2012
Everyone's complaining and I don't know why, yes it's a little noisy, but so is any other clock, it's a funny clock and really like it

GB eye Ltd, The Simpsons, Scream, Maxi Poster, (61x91.5cm) FP1334
GB eye Ltd, The Simpsons, Scream, Maxi Poster, (61x91.5cm) FP1334
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quick, 1 Nov. 2012
It is a great poster, but it took way longer to get here then it said, good poster though, mango out