Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Learn more Listen in Prime
Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom

The Thick of It - Series 4 [DVD]
The Thick of It - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Front

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better! Capaldi is superb but Allam steals the show, 20 Nov. 2012
Oh, how great it was to see some of my favorite characters again! Ben Swain, Malcolm Tucker, Glenn Cullen and Terri Coverly are my particular favourites but to me the absolute perfect character is Peter Mannion. Roger Allam plays him brilliantly, a tired politician who has stopped trying and hates his career. To me, he is most lifelike, a bitter, sarcastic but still principled man who hates the way his party is going. Every line he gave had me laughing. "He was homeless only in the sense that he had no home" had me laughing for half an hour. His squabbles with Stewart Pierson are hilarious.

But every character and actor get a chance to shine in this season. Malcolm is still a gusher of inventive swearwords, still as evil as Voldemort but this time around he has been slightly defeated. Nicola Murray is still the gaff-prone klutz, Olly is still the self-centered jerk, Terri is still as oblivious as ever and Glenn Cullen is still by far the most sympathetic character in the whole of the Thick of It. Much praise to James Smith for his portrayal. The speech at the end of the last episode was superb and I hope he will at least be nominated for an acting award. The only character you can't loath.

Ianucci has said that this is probably the last series of the Thick of It, I really hope it's not. I want to see these characters again. "Veep" was a fun show but it didn't come close to being as good as the Thick of It.