Profile for Bobstefanio > Reviews

League Of Legends Rage
by Riot Games
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars League Rage A.O.K, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: League Of Legends Rage (CD-ROM)
I play League of legends a lot and I was a terrible player until I bought this league of legends rage. Now i know im not a bad player its just everyone else is bad and i know exactly how to express my dissatisfaction with there performance.

ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev. 2 - 160 Watts Twin-Tower Heatsink CPU Cooler - Intel & AMD - 120mm PWM Fan - 4 Double-Sided Heatpipes - Easy Installation
Offered by Brainboost

5.0 out of 5 stars Artic Cooling Unit, 24 Jan. 2013
I recently rebuilt my PC after getting a new case the stock cooler on my Intel core 2 quad was pretty useless but for what ever reason after rebuilding the case I had a few issues with overheating. Bought this cooler to try and solve this overheating issue. At first I tired to seat it using the already applied thermal paste. This didn't work so well I have minor improvements in temps then I cleaned of the provided thermal paste put on my own and re-sat the cooler again I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Firstly the size is quite large it was a tight fit I have a fan on the top and rear of my case it had to fit in but It made it ! Had to mess around with the CPU fan as there is no direction arrow to find out which way it blows and airflow is important.

The noise from this fan is minimal honestly i was surprised at how quite it is. And it looks beautiful through my window all lit up in green.

Now on to the good stuff. With the stock fan (re-sat this about 6 times to try and get better cooling) the temp where as follows

Idle 40-45
Light load(web browsing) 45-50
Heavy Load (gaming stress testing) 70-80-shutdown!

with the Arctic Cooling Freezer the temps are now as follows

Idle 35-39
Light load(web browsing) 38-41
Heavy Load (gaming stress testing) 50-60 (with stress testing it once reached a max of 65)

So yes I would definitely advise to get this beast of a cooler for the price it really does make the difference easy to install and not as heavy as it looks so not much strain put on the mobo.